Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Finding the Ammunition" Alien Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    1) Kill first tower, pulling adds to fence
    2) Hug left wall, walk past towers, you get no adds until just past zix area (or possibly you have 1 add)
    3) Walk past tower on the hill, start using defence perks/heals or whatever your prof has.
    4) When snare is gone, rush to where ammo is, spam right click on the ammo until picked up. If can't find ammo, kite around in a circle, though I have never not found ammo...
    5) If gimpy, die with ammo and spawn in LoX to return ammo. If not gimpy, go back the way you came in, aliens forget about you quickly.

Did this on gimpy trader and engie before I endgame equipped them.

Way quicker than spending 1 hour with a city raid. Only reason to do the city raid is bots!
    Takes 30mins to do a city. Another 30mins to rise cloak, but, for example, can do other dailies while waiting on that.

It might be faster to do Arid if you don't get trained or such while training to pick the ammo, but at least I still prefer city for chance of loots and the easiness to multilog.

I used to do solo dailies before I started getting the Arid tho. Part of the reason I avoid the dailies there is likely from the general annoyingness of the place from doing the quests...
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    This mission will be offered to players level 215 above in the next update, but will remain a solo mission as I intend missions to scale in difficulty - this being on the harder end of the scale. If you have concerns of a specific location in AR where soloing is painful, let me know and I will look into it.
    Not a specific location, but it seems that often mobs in there does not reset position after being aggroed. So if someone blitzed the mission and then died/warped out, you can get a cluster of a dozen mobs in the way that can be hard to deal with.

Not 'super' by any means, but a 220 solo will have a very hard time with this mission. Pulling aliens to fence so NPCs can kill them seems only way. I "hate" this mission. 3 times and didn't finish it

Quote Originally Posted by Trunge View Post
    Not 'super' by any means, but a 220 solo will have a very hard time with this mission. Pulling aliens to fence so NPCs can kill them seems only way. I "hate" this mission. 3 times and didn't finish it
    Run to the boxes, click on a box and then run back.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunge View Post
    What is your profession? It's possible on most professions before 220 with the right strategy and technique.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

BTW this mission is still silly difficult. Here is one reason, when you fail (and everyone who is not 220 or in great gear condition will know what I mean) the mobs who whoop you butt while you are furiously trying to click this ammo that will not pick up easily are there on your 2nd and 3rd attempts because they do not seem to leave a spot where they killed you at the ammo. They therefore kill you again and again before you can get the ammo.

I hate it, makes the Newland ship one look like fun and my wife auto deletes and curses the game on that one every time.
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

Ya, I simply delete this mission when it's given to me. As a casual, non-twinked player, forget about it...

Makr (ENG 220/19) | Preachr (MP 220/17) | Reclaimr (CRAT 220/12)
    MisSlashr (ADV 200/18) | ShadyDealr (TDR 213/17) | Squishr (ENF 204/14)
    AmmoWastr (SOL 143/12) | Fleshmendr (DOC 160/21) | LeetSlicr (KPR 165/10)
    LilShootr (AGT 150/10) | TimeWastr (CRAT 100/5)
    General of Wolf Brigade

It depends on your profession but any Pet prof should be able to do this mission easily, Agents can sneak the whole way, anyone with capped RS likely can just blitz there.

It's definitely a bit hard for some of the lower damage no CC professions such as Docs.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

With those miserable towers gone from Arid this daily is pretty easy. Just rush the crate and once you have it you can run back or die.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Do people still find this mission hard?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I doubt it. I just did this yesterday on my engy with no pets or nanos running. Just ran in and clicked and ran out. I only got hit twice. Like mentioned above, now that there aren't towers anymore anyone can do this in under 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by strohkirchw View Post
    I doubt it. I just did this yesterday on my engy with no pets or nanos running. Just ran in and clicked and ran out. I only got hit twice. Like mentioned above, now that there aren't towers anymore anyone can do this in under 30 seconds.
    That's what I thought, it's just an old thread from the "towers" era, but some of the comments are more recent, so I found it hard to understand why anyone would find it hard it's one of the quickest easiest dailys
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123