Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Legacy Title System" On/Off Option

Thumbs up "Legacy Title System" On/Off Option

Changed my idea..

Check it out HERE!
    Last edited by Barbu; Nov 2nd, 2010 at 07:46:28.
    212.15.60 - BeYe "Notorious" G
    174.15.42 - Smoke "Sativa"
    150.10.42 - Barbu "Gimprus" ReIncarnated - [E]

RETIRED..
    Lodi "Barbu" Dodi 220/30/70 - Enforcer [P].[E]
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique 220/23/70 - Martial Artist [P].[E]
    Mini "Minibarb" Me 60/6/14 - Enforcer Twink

i like it.

but for mass pvp... you should still be able to be attacked by anyone. however, to lose or gain legacy points the opponent would have to be in "legacy" mode. if modes are different or both are the new "count kills only" title system, then the person that gets the kill gets +1 to their new system kill count.

im not sure if this is easily doable with current graphics engine.. better wait for the upgrade.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Major Bump!

With mr road's suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    im not sure if this is easily doable with current graphics engine.. better wait for the upgrade.
    Err, what?

I'd rather have the legacy title system work again as it did back then. Can still go along with the other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Let's Face It..

I'm pretty sure I speak for a LOT of us when i say that the old legacy title system was way more exciting then this current kill counter system which only shows how many kills you have as opposed to how good you are and the quality of players you can/have killed.
    Obviously then, you never really understood how that worked. Under the old system, people sold their titles so purposely people would mistake them for noobs and/or make cash. The people who bought them may never have been as awesome as their title suggested, but did it because they had nothing to spend their money on, or because they wanted people to fear them. Its a psyke out.

Title back then was as useless as it is today, because even then it wasn't 100% indicative of real skill.

And one more thing, saying that you're willing to buy votes clearly marks you as the kind of guy I would never take these kinda motions seriously.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Obviously then, you never really understood how that worked. Under the old system, people sold their titles so purposely people would mistake them for noobs and/or make cash. The people who bought them may never have been as awesome as their title suggested, but did it because they had nothing to spend their money on, or because they wanted people to fear them. Its a psyke out.

Title back then was as useless as it is today, because even then it wasn't 100% indicative of real skill.

And one more thing, saying that you're willing to buy votes clearly marks you as the kind of guy I would never take these kinda motions seriously.

Um, actually i do know and remember the legacy title system quite well, i was t5 on barb and got experienced at my last t5 pvp tournie off Gotam in the semi finals before losing to Freez3, and that was years ago.. and trust me i cant tell you what any of my kills were for getting to any of these new titles, thats the point..

For you to say the whole title system was all about "Psyking people out" is a joke, People who defarmed their title for whatever reason generally liked climbing back up the ladder and not to try and convince people that they were oh so noob again, and for the most part its pretty easy to look at someone with a neo+ title and accurately assume if they farmed it or not.. But regardless, this is all irrelevant because its not about what people can do to abuse the system its about having that system put back in place for those of us who do enjoy actually ranking up in pvp titles based off of skill and not a kill counter which represents nothing skill related..

You say that titles back then were as useless as they are today and yes its true that titles today are worthless, but how can you try to say that the entire legacy title system was worthless? It obviously was more advanced then the current system, regardless of if people abused it or not.. To have to kill people of your same rank to then rank up and to have to keep killing people of similar rank as you rank up and progress through titles, it made pvp exciting when you came up on someone who was within your title range and it was exciting just having the fear of losing title points etc while now you can just kill anyone and everyone and its all the same, Dying in pvp means nothing now and as it stands now with the current system, titles mean NOTHING and they are not related to skill at all, So maybe your right and not 100% of everyone with a nice legacy title properly earned it and they werent ALL representations of skill, but a LOT of them were.. While now its impossible to even attempt to judge how skilled a player is, unless they have an old legacy title but to see how many kills someone has just shows you how often they pvp, not who they can kill or how skilled they might be at all.

so.. REGARDLESS of if some people might abuse the system or farm their titles or whatever, that has nothing to do with the fact that generally people do use the system and the more skilled players do climb that ladder to the top, people will always abuse any system you give them, they will look for what they can do with it as opposed to what they are supposed to do with it. But you cant base your opinion on bringing an old system back off of that crowd and assume everyone would get their titles ill-legitimately, because thats just not true.

lol.. and are you serious? C'mon.. Because I said "WTB Bumps" you really think i would actually pay people off for bumping my thread? Hmm, you might wanna think about that one. It's just a saying mate, Try to look past the first layer..
    Last edited by Notorious; Oct 29th, 2010 at 18:48:03.

RETIRED..

Major bumpage with Mr_Road's addition, would be so awesome :S
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    stuff...
    Yup, pretty much what i expected. Alot of wing beating and opinions. Cool story tho. Not that your history lecture proves anything.

And I am pretty well aware about the people climbing back up, but that was only one small drop in the bucket comparatively.

And its worthless. All fictional systems are worthless. Its fiction, which means it... only exists in your mind. If you wanna inflate your epeen over nothing, be my guest, but don't force everyone else suffer a stupid system that only a minority appreciate... for whatever it is that makes the inflation of epeen so awesome and... whatever.

I managed to farm my way to apprentice within the first week of joining battlestations, when they first came out. If it was so awesome, then it would have been much harder.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

And its worthless. All fictional systems are worthless. Its fiction, which means it... only exists in your mind. If you wanna inflate your epeen over nothing, be my guest, but don't force everyone else suffer a stupid system that only a minority appreciate... for whatever it is that makes the inflation of epeen so awesome and... whatever.
    By an extension of your logic... AO is a fictional system... it's worthless, why play then?

And his proposal doesn't force everyone else to "suffer"...

Which makes me think - you believe it's a fictional system that's worthless - how can something that is worthless make you "suffer"?

People that make such suggestions of "bringing back the old system" or modifying it and upgrading it somehow I think all share a common desire... for their to be some type of "loss" associated with losing in PvP - no risk, no feeling of reward. But by your measure, you would seem to never lose anything since you portray yourself to be above competition and the satisfaction of beating someone.

You're right, it's fictional. You're right, it doesn't truly mean anything. However, competition is at the route of this game, you cannot deny it. Those that play AO and strive to build their characters well are competing in some way or another. Competition can be fun, but without the ability to lose anything, what's the point of winning?

I would rather have Freshman from the old system than any level 10 title of this new, grind, system.
    Last edited by Joehoo725; Oct 30th, 2010 at 03:13:16.

I managed to farm my way to apprentice within the first week of joining battlestations, when they first came out. If it was so awesome, then it would have been much harder.
    apprentice isnt awesome, the fact it took you a week to get it also shows your not awesome.
    the job of the title was done in this case.

neo+ is when the fun starts
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Wink

Hm so ya i'm gonna agree with the others and ask you this..

If the legacy title system is fictional, what is the entire game of AO.. nonfictional?

And how would you suffer if this "option" is implemented? How would anyone?

The Legacy Title System offers a semi complex (Super complex compared to the current system which only counts your kills) ranking system which allows you to rank up and move up in titles based on the people your killing and not how many.

GG though, However I think your logic is too complex

RETIRED..

Even better it encourages you to not kill lowbie title holders, something pvm carebears always rage about because they get owned on bs.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

All in all, though,I don't see why such a system shouldn't be enabled all the time in conjunction with the counter system of today... those that don't care obviously won't be enabling that title to show. Those that enjoy it will and therefore will be the only ones actively engaging those they can get points from.

Exactly, it can only be an option for those of us who do like to you know.. use it. They didn't need to replace it, they can still have both. Giving us a Legacy Mode where we could /Duel that worked on legacy points so they cant kite too far away or zone etc then that'd be awesome.

options for stripping both players ncu and giving them 1 minute to buff and get ready and noone can buff them from the time they /duel etc, or receive any aura's. Maybe 2 minutes to buff idk, that'd be awesome though.

Also a new and long overdue Legacy GUI which would actually show pts per win and pts til the next title and then be able to see all the ranks and where you are etc, could even track how many are online of each title, lol.. But anyways, even if they had to rebuild this title system again from scratch, they already know what they are doing and they've already created the pvp gui's for this new system, to add this would be minimal work in comparison to some of the things they have been introducing lately. They even already know that a large group of players would appreciate it and would be more active because of it.

I would definitely be more active if the pvp scene was like it was before and titles actually meant something because see Bubba.. Titles arent all about +++Epeen etc, some of us actually have fun just competing, plain and simple. I remember when Infinitynova was the first of all the 149 twinks to legitimately get novice and watching other Neo+ duels later on, it was just fun.

Remembering when you got your highest title is fun and the duels and the risks vs rewards and the pressure on winning made pvp more fun.. You actually felt like you were working on something and there was an actual risk of dying in pvp.. where now.. there is NONE, and thats not right for competitive play, and AO is as much as all the PVM'ers want to argue it's not, it is a PVP game which requires you to actually know what your doing to play and it's very competitive.. So atleast give us something to compete over, besides NW.

RETIRED..

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    apprentice isnt awesome, the fact it took you a week to get it also shows your not awesome.
    the job of the title was done in this case.

neo+ is when the fun starts
    Never said I was awesome at PVP. I'm saying if any random person(like myself) who just started can get Apprentice, then what worth is it?

Good try tho. You're pretty awesome with all that assuming.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Joehoo725 View Post
    By an extension of your logic... AO is a fictional system... it's worthless, why play then?

And his proposal doesn't force everyone else to "suffer"...

Which makes me think - you believe it's a fictional system that's worthless - how can something that is worthless make you "suffer"?
    I suffer through balance idiots, every time I get curious. And, I don't play AO because of the system. I never did. I play it because my friends play it, and I enjoy playing with them. This could apply equally to any fictional system.

Now, anything else you need explained?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

*shrug* to have it turned off an on, further dejects from other - far more important things. I'd like to see this game evolve at much more reasonable rate, then getting bogged down in stuff that held it back years ago.

Hence, my opposition. Debump. Waste of time.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

to have it turned off an on, further dejects from other - far more important things.
    lol.. something that would be situation dependent and it should only take you a few.. seconds? lol what're you doing ALL the time that this would take so much time from?

RETIRED..

I don't see how you can have a system where if two people in mass pvp don't have the same title system selected, they can't attack each other..

.. not only that won't work..but it's plain stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast