Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Legacy Title System" On/Off Option

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I don't see how you can have a system where if two people in mass pvp don't have the same title system selected, they can't attack each other..

.. not only that won't work..but it's plain stupid.
    Forgot to edit that, You will though. But depending on what mode you had selected would it determine where the points for winning went
    212.15.60 - BeYe "Notorious" G
    174.15.42 - Smoke "Sativa"
    150.10.42 - Barbu "Gimprus" ReIncarnated - [E]

RETIRED..
    Lodi "Barbu" Dodi 220/30/70 - Enforcer [P].[E]
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique 220/23/70 - Martial Artist [P].[E]
    Mini "Minibarb" Me 60/6/14 - Enforcer Twink

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    lol.. something that would be situation dependent and it should only take you a few.. seconds? lol what're you doing ALL the time that this would take so much time from?
    Sure, lets wave magic wands to get coding done. I gotta buddy IRL whos a coder that works on far less complicated stuff than this, and I have seen some of the nightmares he deals with. It's not pretty.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I suffer through balance idiots, every time I get curious.
    Curious? LOL... Yes, because curiosity breeds negativity. If anything it would lead to an openness about such changes. I don't try to explain everything, I try to defend a topic I feel strongly about. It's not my fault if you can't take the time to post a valid argument against this proposal.

And, I don't play AO because of the system. I never did. I play it because my friends play it, and I enjoy playing with them. This could apply equally to any fictional system.
    That's completely fine - why does it matter then when someone has a proposal to play the game a slightly different way, if you just enjoy when you're with friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Joehoo725 View Post
    Curious? LOL... Yes, because curiosity breeds negativity. If anything it would lead to an openness about such changes. I don't try to explain everything, I try to defend a topic I feel strongly about. It's not my fault if you can't take the time to post a valid argument against this proposal.
    If it was such a stupid idea, then why did they remove the old system in the first place? eh? Food for thought.

That's completely fine - why does it matter then when someone has a proposal to play the game a slightly different way, if you just enjoy when you're with friends?
    Dude, it doesn't take a sociology genius to understand that changes (subtle or not) in the environment, tend to affect changes in individuals. The moment that weblogs opened up, then the entire world decided that everyone needed to hear every opinion any person had, and felt that it was their duty to speak it. Now, when funcom opened up this balance forum, and the first thing that came to mind was how much garbage was going to fill it up.

Curiosity doesn't breed negativity, ignorance does... and every 2 bit tard with a few weeks experience will now have a voice. Relatively few suggestions happen on this board that have a full measure of perspective. Either most of the balance ideas are so full of "Make my prof > everyone else" or filled with run on arguments that have devolved into nothing resembling the crappy ideas it started on.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Never said I was awesome at PVP. I'm saying if any random person(like myself) who just started can get Apprentice, then what worth is it?

Good try tho. You're pretty awesome with all that assuming.
    hmm you said you had apprentice and that apprentice is awesome. then i say apprentice isnt awesome, then you say you're not awesome. basically backing up my point.

your as AWESOME at whining then you are at pvp it seems..
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

one huge flaw with the old system was not getting points for killing someone who was too far above your own level. if you take someone down who is ranked higher, you should get pts, regardless of how far they outrank you.
    ~Techmagos -220/30/70 Engi
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent
    ~Nyrlathotek9 -174/14/xx Sold

rk1>rk2™

If it was such a stupid idea, then why did they remove the old system in the first place? eh? Food for thought.
    So, everything FC removes or adds is not stupid? LOL - you should think of what you're typing instead of defending your sinking ship of an argument.

Curiosity doesn't breed negativity, ignorance does...
    If you actually read my words, you'd realize I was being sarcastic by saying "Yes, because curious breeds negativity".

Quote Originally Posted by Techmagos View Post
    one huge flaw with the old system was not getting points for killing someone who was too far above your own level. if you take someone down who is ranked higher, you should get pts, regardless of how far they outrank you.
    Idk if that was a flaw tbh, it gave it more structure and also made it exciting to be around someone from the same rank, and it gives you seniority over the lower titled groups due to you not having to worry about rushing zergs as much, as long as someone isn't in your title range, just my opinion but regardless of how it's brought back. Edit it for all i care and revamp it, i just want something like that back.. some form of competitive title play where dying actual matters and it actually matters who you beat as opposed to how many..

RETIRED..

Time to shed a little light on my past that has been transformed a bit. I never reached Novice legit, I farmed it because in my mind that's where I belonged.

The only reason people every thought I got it legit was because I actually held Novice for about a year and half, did a ton of Mass Pvp, briefly skimmed Neo with all my Duels in the arena and rarely lost my matches. Being an Ma and having that kind of power in a time where Ma's were considered weak and useless in Pvp was unheard of and that gave the Ma profession a new significance in Ao Pvp history (Perhaps). Not to toot my own horn but I really noticed that sometime my name itself was enough to tilt a duel in my favour sometimes because before the fight had even begun my opponent wasn't in the proper mindset of saying he would be able to beat me.

I often knew the chances of winning a fight vs XYZ profession and I always seemed to get the chances on my side for some reason. But as time passed by other professions underlying strengths slowly increased and tilted the flow of power back towards others, reverting me back to Apprentice. I'm not really that good of a pvp’er to be perfectly honest at this point in time, I have a 2 to 1 win ratio in most of my fights as a 155 Vs 150-174 range. Who knows what the future will reserve

Now as far as the legacy system. Yes bring it back in /duel. Leave the Current Team and Single Pvp forms and revamp it where you can see the bars/states and whatnot. The old system was flawed because of Ganks and everything else Notorious pointed out.

/Duel
    Setup the Beacon and area as normal
    Remove all buffs
    And when both people are ready /Duel again.

Why not have a Pvp system that shows how skilled a person is? It'll just add more verity to the Pvp environment of Ao and will probably spark up a lil more life Not to mention it might actually be a good way to measure just how strong certain professions are in Pvp and could help FC to level the playing field for those that aren’t getting enough love.
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitynova View Post
    Yes.. Yes.. and Yes.

Bump

RETIRED..

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    hmm you said you had apprentice and that apprentice is awesome. then i say apprentice isnt awesome, then you say you're not awesome. basically backing up my point.

your as AWESOME at whining then you are at pvp it seems..
    Wow, You're thick. You must be making this up as you go along, because no where in anything I mentioned said anything of the sort that Apprentice was awesome. My point from moment one (which has not changed) is that the old title system is worthless. Good try at grabbing at straws.

And piss off with your whining suggestion. I'm not the one pissing and moaning about how unfair the new system is. I already came to the conclusion long ago, that it was meaningless to me. Whining would be far more appropriate to those trying to get things to go their way. The old system is gone, and without any action from me I might add. So, you're reading nothing.

So, learn some comprehension before shoving words into other people mouths and looking like a damn fool. Its full of win and saves you precious time slapping about the keyboard.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

So, everything FC removes or adds is not stupid? LOL - you should think of what you're typing instead of defending your sinking ship of an argument.

If you actually read my words, you'd realize I was being sarcastic by saying "Yes, because curious breeds negativity".
    Argument by circular logic is fail. You're welcome. I eagerly wait another meaningless post to ignore.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Argument by circular logic is fail. You're welcome. I eagerly wait another meaningless post to ignore.
    One who rants and raves about comprehension and word choice should presumably do better with his own words..

My point is how do you read, analyze and then respond to a post for which you've apparently ignored?

Besides all this jibber jabber though, Bubba i'd like to end this with asking why are you even posting here? If it's not something your interested in.. If it's not something that would affect you in any way.. Then why do you feel the need to keep posting? I know you think your opinion is full of wisdom and absolute intelligence but it's just another opinion, a weak one at that. You have no argument and or any actual reasoning behind how it would have a negative impact in any way to any player ingame.

Yet it's a fact that many players would actually appreciate it, New players who never participated in it would like it (not everyone, but definitely some). Re Introducing it as an optional title system would only benefit the game and it would give a lot of players something new to focus on, something new to have fun with.

Completely revamping the old legacy title system and giving it a GUI and actually perfecting it would be a big boost to the competitive PVP crowd, without any real argument, because you would have the option to use it and participate or not.

RETIRED..

I think rebalance / engine takes higher priority then the pvp system, but i do think it should be something alone the lines of what's posted here.

Tell me bubba, why do u hate this idea so much? if the developers got some spare time on their hands after the rebalance / engine woulden't u want a pvp system thats worth mentioning and can bring some old and new players into the game ? From what ur saying it sounds like everything that doesnt suit ur interest shouldent get its way into the game.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

The old system was a blast imo. Bump
    "Footlight" Agent
    "Weasel" Fixer
    "Hound" Shade
    "Universe" Keeper

As I've said before, as the numebr one title hugger/hunter in existence, this shouldn't be turned back on, mainly because it was far superior to actually fight people as opposed to seeing them in a PVP situation once every 12 months surrounded by 16 people.

In addition to this, turning it off/on? = lol.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

That or having a Legacy and a Traditional Mode to switch between, and using the /duel system so people cant zone etc would be a big improvement to the system in general. especially if there was a ncu clear and then a second confirm for the duel to start like nova suggested

RETIRED..

I managed to farm my way to apprentice If it was so awesome, then it would have been much harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    apprentice isnt awesome
    Never said I was awesome at PVP. I'm saying if any random person(like myself) who just started can get Apprentice, then what worth is it?
    no where in anything I mentioned said anything of the sort that Apprentice was awesome.
    deluded much, i should really add Rping carebears like you to my block list, all you do is clutter up the forums. atleast try edit out your post before back tracking and dont look like a total wierdo, but hey you just reminded me of the film shutter island, i might watch it later thanks
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

the old system would bring back for people and prolly help retain more newer players, the only people who seem to disagree is pvmers because everyone regardless of skill can get max title.

The PvP title system should be for PvPers only, PvMers get there AI ranks and Title ranks to brag about >.>

Nice idia to back backyard title farm with team title hunt (Mostly Masters was using a gunk team support to get killed right enemy with prefarmed dmg on it).
    Last edited by Alceona; Oct 31st, 2010 at 15:12:24.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast