Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 5th, 2010 - Details are always interesting

Funcom employee Friday with Means - November 5th, 2010 - Details are always interesting

Another busy week. At some point I imagine I will stop being surprised.

The first version of the Engineer changes are currently in the hands of the professionals for review and will be published for everyone next week. These represent some significant changes to the profession and we look forward to the reception of some pretty new ideas when they are out next week after some good sanity checking by your elected representatives.

We continued this week to polish away small issues with the Alien Daily missions and anything else we could get our hands on. Other areas of focus included more work on new versions of the player bodies. It was interesting to see and really notice all the small details we have taken for granted for years in character creation...like Solitus Female characters growing shorter as they gain weight....and discovering the an actual reason for why Opifex Females "float" a few inches off the ground at all time (all female models use the same animation set while not having exactly the same bones/rig...so when the shorter model gets the animations applied it results in a "floaty" type thing happening). While it will be sad for the floating to be gone...the final result will of course be better. The floating was going to be much more pronounced with the addition of proper shadows...so we really needed to find that and get rid of it. Another artist obviously suffering Karma payback for some wrong he did in highschool as he is now busy remodeling approximately 100 trees...we expect him to snap at somewhere around 30. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks again to all who have been providing us with such good feedback concerning the Alien Daily missions. They keep getting better with each version and this is exactly how I always hoped this developer/playerbase partnership would work...it keeps getting better for all of us so we all win. So thank you again!

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Beaten by seconds Grrrrr
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

First ...feck, not fair...
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

4th.. Karma is a bitch!
    Last edited by Strupstad; Nov 5th, 2010 at 16:04:06.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

5th!

edit: I love trees, will we have any chance of seeing some new shinies next week? :O
    Last edited by cube; Nov 5th, 2010 at 16:06:08.

6th

Finally some news about engineers' nanos! Let's hope it's all good news about those changes.

And I want to shout a big Gratz to all the team about AI daily missions!
    They are all kickass mishes!
    Didn't try the team ones but i suppose they are still very good! (lazy org ftl)
    Last edited by Plante; Nov 5th, 2010 at 16:06:46.

1st page!!1!1!1++

Damn, I had to pee.
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Was reading tech help!

I must honestly admit I never noticed opifex toons floated... This might be because I've only had two opifex toons that I've played, ever. Good catch, though.. I really look forward to seeing RubiKa with todays graphics standard.

Engineer nanodocs: Woot, I really wonder if there's going to be anything in there which will make me want to play my engineer again. I kind of stopped playing her around level 100 for various preference reasons.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 5th, 2010 at 16:13:28.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

what's this
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

first page

in before engi revolt
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

^
    ditto on the first page

Quote Originally Posted by odds91 View Post
    5th!

edit: I love trees, will we have any chance of seeing some new shinies next week? :O
    Wouldn't count on it, we were promised a new video "in 3 weeks" about 36 weeks ago or something
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

wow....wtf man wtf. this is beyond a joke now.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The first version of the Engineer changes are currently in the hands of the professionals for review and will be published for everyone next week. These represent some significant changes to the profession and we look forward to the reception of some pretty new ideas when they are out next week after some good sanity checking by your elected representatives.
    Ella, Tech, you are up! What would it take to get you to say to hell with the NDA? j/k...but really, how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    first page

in before engi revolt
    I am laying claim to Bor BY3, before anyone else calls it.

edit: Noting that Tech is concerned over the loss of his floating vampire shade, I can only deduce that the changes are so awesome that no further study of them is required...but then i think about some of the things I have seen Tech post and I think maybe I should just head to the BY now (someone throw me the link to a TS site, the one I used to use is gone, afaik).
    Last edited by Liamboru; Nov 5th, 2010 at 16:31:32. Reason: Optimistic?
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I must honestly admit I never noticed opifex toons floated...
    Glad I'm not alone in this.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

-Team 7x blockers changed to identical copy of single blockers but castable on pets only.

-NSD made single target only

-Blind doesnt break on snare/debuff/reflect/damage shield

-Pets HP scale correctly

-Add middle range dogs

-Duration increased to 1 hour minimum

-MB changed from pm/si

-Pet heals doubled in heal/sec

Engy Doc finished. Feel free to use this and release it in 3-4 hours time after you place it in an excel file.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Opifex males float as well. I have always hated when i accidentally focused on my toons legs and noticed him swerving around above the ground.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast