Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 29th, 2010 - No rest for the wicked

Middle post!

Or somewhere there eventualy...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by quitter456 View Post
    Weeks left in "this year": 8
    Professions left to rebalance: 9
    Weeks Christmas loot will take to implement: 4
    Chance rebalance will happen "this year": 0
    You forgot at least 4 weeks per profession to actually code the rebalancing stuff.

But "The Man" himself said balance will happen this year.

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...64&postcount=2
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Year 29484, but we don't know if 1 AO year=1 rl year, do we?
    Um...lol? New Year in RL = New Year on RK.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Um...lol? New Year in RL = New Year on RK.
    And how many days and nights are there in one RK year? I've seen plenty of them today...

Also, one "earth-year" = time spent evolving around the sun. Rubi-Ka has two suns... How does it actually rotate around them, and how do we calculate years...
    Last edited by Flipyap; Oct 31st, 2010 at 21:30:32. Reason: 1st edit: typo. 2nd edit: added paragraph

Galactic standard time or
    Universal Time - something like that will solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    And how many days and nights are there in one RK year? I've seen plenty of them today...

Also, one "earth-year" = time spent evolving around the sun. Rubi-Ka has two suns... How does it actually rotate around them, and how do we calculate years...
    Can't remember off hand, but aren't the two stars a binary star system? If so, rotating around them is much the same, from my exceedingly limited knowledge of astrophysics.
    Kaelde ~ Gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even gimpier than Kaelde

Thingymawhat of Paragon

Hmm, why can't they still be using same galatic year system? If current RK year has same epoch as current earth years?

So length of day is just relative...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    Which is tracked by, and only really has much meaning because of, the seasons. I've not really seen any seasons on Rubi-ka, so a complete revolution around Rubi-ka's suns has little meaning, as such there's little harm in using Earth years as a standard, even on Rubi-Ka.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by flipyap View Post
    and how many days and nights are there in one rk year?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by flipyap View Post
    and how many days and nights are there in one rk year? I've seen plenty of them today......
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    /thread

Since Earth is still considered the center of the Human Universe all time used by Humanity is pegged to that of Earth.

Currently the year is 29484 and Rubi-Ka Standard Time is pegged to GMT on Earth, both In Real Life and In-Game.

I'm unable to find any information related to how long it takes Rubi-Ka to orbit its suns, but that information would be irrelevant to determining what year or day it is on Rubi-Ka.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Twistid View Post
    last
    Nah.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

last
    You'd think so, but you'd be wrong...

last
    That isn't ambitious, look at my post ;D It may mean I have to spam this thread next week, but it will be there.

Remove the "not Shade" tag from tokenboards soon pls!

I really love my new shade but I really love the tokenboard too..... no way for shade to wear them yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Which is tracked by, and only really has much meaning because of, the seasons. I've not really seen any seasons on Rubi-ka, so a complete revolution around Rubi-ka's suns has little meaning, as such there's little harm in using Earth years as a standard, even on Rubi-Ka.
    Ah, but seasons are usually only really noticed in the northern/southern hemispheres of a planet. If the terraformed areas of RK are around it's equator, then we wouldn't have any seasons.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilvanea View Post
    Remove the "not Shade" tag from tokenboards soon pls!

I really love my new shade but I really love the tokenboard too..... no way for shade to wear them yet
    when means originally said a few months ago that they were removing "not shade" tags from everything, it almost sounded like it would actually happen shortly after it was announced. then again, it might have been a sarcastic remark, i cant remember.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast