Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Friday with Means - October 29th, 2010 - No rest for the wicked

I have never heard a description of what it would be like to orbit a dual sun core. I would guess that temperature would vary wildly with changing distances. In fact, I'm not sure solid planets would survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

:P Consider a Binary System as a Big Furious Star. Then, put the planet far from the System, enough to make life possible.
    Conclusion = 1 year in RK = omfg years in Earth. Translation movement doesnt affect Day's duration :P
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Loving the ai dailies - I even have 2 characters at ai level cap

+1 to the comment about NT though - mine tends to die unless it's the salvage mission, then I can train thru to the clump and complete it!

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    :P Consider a Binary System as a Big Furious Star. Then, put the planet far from the System, enough to make life possible.
    Conclusion = 1 year in RK = omfg years in Earth. Translation movement doesnt affect Day's duration :P
    depends on how fast the planet is moving in orbit as well though. in the case of rubi-ka, it might be moving alot faster around the binary star. this would contradict the effects of dukemnukemforeverism that seems to reek havoc on its development, but if the planet is moving alot faster, this might explain why the noob shuttle crashes everytime it tries to land (besides the fact the the shuttles repair/maintenance team is made up of atrox engineers).

*edit* from what I've read in picturebooks, a binary system is more often where a normal sun has planets orbit it, and then there is another sun afar off. during a planets rotation, it will come inbetween the two suns once a year, and be closest to the second sun during that time. exactly half a year later, it is as far away as possible from the second sun in its orbit (this is assuming a 2 dimensional style orbit). depending on how close the planet is to the second sun, it will determine the gravity, weather anomolies, hot/cold difference, day/night ratio etc., and every so often the first sun will eclipse the second from the planets view entirely.
    Last edited by SoulTarder; Nov 3rd, 2010 at 06:17:32.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    You forgot at least 4 weeks per profession to actually code the rebalancing stuff.
    There's not that much coding in the rebalancing though.
    A few new things will require code support, but the rest is something the designers can push through without coder assistance.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345