Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should doc get high nanoresist?

Should doc get high nanoresist?

I would love to get back some of the high resist.

Our perk-repetoir weren't updated properly in accordance with the post le-debuffs either I think.

Don't you have it quite high already?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Needs at least 3.5k NR IMO. eNSD is brutal!

We have 2600 to 2800 with about 8 removal perks, including an item that removes anything that may bother us (Minus bureaucrat tape, or nanobot shutdown). With that we should have virus scanners, free movements, purge kits, and the others in our inventory at all times. I really don't see a reason to bring it higher.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; Nov 1st, 2010 at 03:12:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Notnotnotnod View Post
    We have 2600 to 2800 with about 8 removal perks, including an item that removes anything that may bother us (Minus bureaucrat tape, or nanobot shutdown). With that we should have virus scanners, free movements, purge kits, and the others in our inventory at all times. I really don't see a reason to bring it higher.
    That implies that logic is used in determining what profs should get what.

Logic is overrated in game design.

Let's spin the Wheel of Love!

RRRRRRRRRRRICKtickticktickticktickticktickticktick
    tick.
    tick..
    tick...
    tick.................
    Blockers!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

RRRRRRRRRRRICKtickticktickticktickticktickticktick
    tick.
    tick..
    tick...
    tick.................
    GTH/BR/Nanites/CP/Drain Procs/Silverback

:P
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

LOL, my thread!

Yes, give GTH and Silverback, I don't find that OP at all.

I vote for a new PvP only perk. Something along the lines of:

I'll Be Right With You
    This special requires 6 or more people on the target's hatelist.
    The effect of this special is an unbreakable, area effect stun. This stun can only be broken by an attack from the doctor, or by the doctor leaving the office and going home for the day.

This would, of course, be followed up with:

The Doctor Will See You Now
    Special requires I'll Be Right With You. The effect of this special is an unbreakable root and DoT. It will also force the target to wear a paper nightgown that ties in the back, but never quite closes, and sit on a cold table.

This should solve the problem of the "OMG! There's a doc! Kill him first!" zerg that we all know and love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

i think doctors need to be able to perk NR8 without the nanoskill debuff. oh and coon and limber. and the doc right hand needs AS and FA.

This might sound weird but a docotor should be resistant to damage. Sure they have heals, but sensibly, you would think a doctor would have systems and tools that passively respond to incoming damage to themselves, being able to deal with it real-time to allow the doctor to better deal with actively healing their collegues.

As for NR, I never really understood why docs have some reasonably high NR. It's not huge by any means though.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

This might sound weird but a docotor should be resistant to damage. Sure they have heals, but sensibly, you would think a doctor would have systems and tools that passively respond to incoming damage to themselves, being able to deal with it real-time to allow the doctor to better deal with actively healing their collegues.

As for NR, I never really understood why docs have some reasonably high NR. It's not huge by any means though.

but we do! we have... uhh... healdelta... and a ****ty short hot... and that's about it really. well a 5k coon if you're nanogimp, i guess.

NR is just nice to have. sure you won't resist anything that matters anyway but i've resisted crat nukes and doubles occasionally. ideally, somewhere in the range of 2.8-3k NR is what i'm shooting for to be able to at least partially resist tarder drains some of the time. (currently at 2.3kish)

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    I vote for a new PvP only perk. Something along the lines of:

I'll Be Right With You
    This special requires 6 or more people on the target's hatelist.
    The effect of this special is an unbreakable, area effect stun. This stun can only be broken by an attack from the doctor, or by the doctor leaving the office and going home for the day.

This would, of course, be followed up with:

The Doctor Will See You Now
    Special requires I'll Be Right With You. The effect of this special is an unbreakable root and DoT. It will also force the target to wear a paper nightgown that ties in the back, but never quite closes, and sit on a cold table.

This should solve the problem of the "OMG! There's a doc! Kill him first!" zerg that we all know and love.
    you forgot the nano called "I'm sorry but you're sick.."
    Lowers targets NR by 20000 for 1 min and lowers init. with a 1% NR check
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Reflect graft!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    but we do! we have... uhh... healdelta... and a ****ty short hot... and that's about it really. well a 5k coon if you're nanogimp, i guess.

NR is just nice to have. sure you won't resist anything that matters anyway but i've resisted crat nukes and doubles occasionally. ideally, somewhere in the range of 2.8-3k NR is what i'm shooting for to be able to at least partially resist tarder drains some of the time. (currently at 2.3kish)
    I'll take all your shi**y nanos in exchange for all my shi**y nanos. Wanna trade?

There is no point in more NR when doctors are unable to go full def without nerfing their only def and their setup. Upgraded removal perks would be much better then more NR. A passive defense would be the best though.

Currently it doesn't matter because we have still yet to see FC's plans for doctors and the rest of the profs that have yet to be shown so we don't know what we will need.

I dont think it should ever be related to profession alone.

Resistances should be based on choices you make yourself.

I know ive said this somewhere else, but I still think its sensible.

If you choose to have high NR, your other skills suffer as a result, not just nano skills.

If you choose to have high AR, you have low defenses, etc

Hence you either choose defensive, offensive, or an average balance between the two.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    There is no point in more NR when doctors are unable to go full def without nerfing their only def and their setup. Upgraded removal perks would be much better then more NR. A passive defense would be the best though.

Currently it doesn't matter because we have still yet to see FC's plans for doctors and the rest of the profs that have yet to be shown so we don't know what we will need.
    Full def dont affect your Nano resist against hostile nanos, though.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Full def dont affect your Nano resist against hostile nanos, though.
    It doesn't affect NR, true. However, it does affect chance of landing them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast