Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should doc get high nanoresist?

It only had an effect on full D when someone was trying to land NR based perk actions on you.

As a defensive pov, i am pretty sure being full D and full A has no impact on what nanos can land on you, just NR based perks.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    As a defensive pov, i am pretty sure being full D and full A has no impact on what nanos can land on you
    Wrong.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Noted!
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    This might sound weird but a docotor should be resistant to damage. Sure they have heals, but sensibly, you would think a doctor would have systems and tools that passively respond to incoming damage to themselves, being able to deal with it real-time to allow the doctor to better deal with actively healing their collegues.

As for NR, I never really understood why docs have some reasonably high NR. It's not huge by any means though.
    I know the hate is already inc, but here it is. I know more about WoW then AO, real shock.

There are four healers in World of Warcraft.

1.One that relies on smaller heals/hots
    2. One that relies on burst AoE/spot healing with smaller heals OR shielding damage/hots/short smaller heals
    3. One that is heavy single target healing/tank healing
    4. One that strong single target, solid aoe heal chain heal, totem utilities.

I always felt in comparison that that doctors should have small shield to block incoming damage and temporary reflects. More like the latter of the #2, and less of like the first in #2 and #3.

I would also like to see agents/adventurers see a more advance roll in support raid healing. Not even DDO (based on 3.5) uses just one healing class (Cleric + Favored Soul)

Alright...bring the insults for WoW and D&D references :P
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    This might sound weird but a docotor should be resistant to damage. Sure they have heals, but sensibly, you would think a doctor would have systems and tools that passively respond to incoming damage to themselves, being able to deal with it real-time to allow the doctor to better deal with actively healing their collegues.

As for NR, I never really understood why docs have some reasonably high NR. It's not huge by any means though.
    I've thought of a perk that increases the target's defense by 400 for 10s, or such. Reduces damage by some, for some seconds. I mean, initiative debuff's flavor has been used too much. We have enough to debuff initiatives by like, 5000 now? If Malpractive V is on the target.

We don't need anything else [Proposals for "Anti-zerg mechanics" sort of staple it off]. Our 2600 nano resist, vaccine, and removal perks helps us enough against traders (Of course, vaccine is only what may cause you to resist a few more times before they'll hand it, but, in which, you're very well able to remove it), and fill inbox is enough for bureaucrats to have trouble landing, regardless of whether we may need to cast it 2-3 times to land it, deciding on whether you choose you want to use it. Doctors shouldn't have problems killing traders, we have enough removal perks.

"Everything lands on our 2600 nano resist" is just unreasonable babying.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; Nov 2nd, 2010 at 01:29:03.

It only had an effect on full D when someone was trying to land NR based perk actions on you.

As a defensive pov, i am pretty sure being full D and full A has no impact on what nanos can land on you, just NR based perks.
    Actually it's the other way around.

NR based perks will land (or not), no matter what position the slider is on and nanos will land more reliably on you if you are at full agg, no matter how high your NR is (as long as you are not in some weird notum repulsor perk setup, ofc).
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I'll take all your shi**y nanos in exchange for all my shi**y nanos. Wanna trade?
    e-NSD for team short hot? actually i'd prefer 8h CM so i can finally perk NR1 without having to put on a metric ****ton of +nanoskill gear

Actually it's the other way around.

NR based perks will land (or not), no matter what position the slider is on and nanos will land more reliably on you if you are at full agg, no matter how high your NR is (as long as you are not in some weird notum repulsor perk setup, ofc).
    Truth.

Goes for perks checking against evade/dodge or swimming too!
    Another fact: AAD adds to NR when using perks. Would add to swimming too if it were a def check.

As far as nanos are concerned you may as well not have NR when you're not full def. And no... even though it has been claimed a lot lately aad does not add to NR vs Nanos.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    e-NSD for team short hot? actually i'd prefer 8h CM so i can finally perk NR1 without having to put on a metric ****ton of +nanoskill gear
    We agreed on shi**y nanos trade. I'll gladly trade ya even my 8h CM for ICH though.

We agreed on shi**y nanos trade. I'll gladly trade ya even my 8h CM for ICH though.
    iCH for shield of zset?

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    iCH for shield of zset?
    Yeah, and next thing you will ask for is AoR. Dude...

Nano Resist Testing
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12