Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite memory from Anarchy Online?

Funcom employee What's your favorite memory from Anarchy Online?

Do you have a favorite memory of Anarchy Online? Well, Massively.com wants to hear all about it! Send your favorite memories to Massively.com via email at justin@massively.com (100 words maximum, please). Also, Massively is collecting player screenshots, so dust off those old folders and send in your best pics to the address above! September 2010 is Anarchy Online's month, so let's make it a month to remember!

Check out the full article only on Massively.com!

dont think i could choose 1 fav memory tbh...
    theres been so many during the years.
    1 thing that comes to mind tho was when we had done Smug ... was somewhere around the start of shadowlands when people still used the OTAF armour while lvln up.

while we were doin loot in guild i was bored and ran aruond and mongoed the whole camp onto me and kited them around.
    including comander fredrickson etc.
    and i was goin to scare my guildies by running all the mobs over to them... mongo and then run away with them again.

the only problem tho was that i was teamed with Hollowburn.
    so when he saw me incomming with every mob in the whole camp otw to us he paniced and meeped the team.
    unfortunatly the team only consisted of me and him.....
    so the end result was that everyone else in guild was brutaly sloughtered by the mobs while me and him was sitting safely in grid...

dont know if that is my favourite memory but i doubt i have ever laughed so hard as i did that time while playing AO as i did that time.

tbh it still kinda makes me giggle a bit thinking about it.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

I dont know if it was an actual nightmare or if I was really ingame but my weirdest memory is the totw being a lvl 40ish melee soldier who just discovered the div9. Back then i had no orientation of where to go and how to get back out. Very creepy.

Another one is the 100 people pande raids with the requirement of being in teamspeak in order to get added to raidlist. (On RK3). Needless to say those were damn fun evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisergia View Post
    Another one is the 100 people pande raids with the requirement of being in teamspeak in order to get added to raidlist. (On RK3). Needless to say those were damn fun evenings.

This^^
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Aw I see the old skill window in your pics, I miss it so much!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

6th teehee <3

damn... wrong thread..
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Perhaps not a favourite, but one that definitely sticks in my mind.. at least I had screenshots to support the moment

- The Shot
    - Everyone responding very quickly *coughs*

How do you have 1389 AR at lvl 1 Azama? adn alot of ncu as well.
    Good old times, good old sploits?

Quote Originally Posted by swedoc View Post
    How do you have 1389 AR at lvl 1 Azama? adn alot of ncu as well.
    Good old times, good old sploits?
    Back in the very very old days, things sometimes broke quite badly.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

12k HP fleas ftw

Sharks that "swam" through the land after you.

Traders being able to cast their CL buffs on other players.

Items not checking requirements properly.

Theres been a few "glitches" thats for sure.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

hehe i remember people equipping 200 imps on lvl 1 toons with some equip bug.

I remember in old Broken Shores missions, the doc ALWAYS died in the first room. And if noone left in the first room it was a good team lol

Also remember the lag in BS, impossible to get from grid to savepoint. Crash every other second. And of course the crowdcontrol who tossed you farfar away from savepoint!

hmm i think i gotta name some oldschool bugs aswell that had me laughing like a madman...
    the old ghost dmg that was created by server lag...
    when the game could freeze while fighting a ob for about a min and then 30 mins later the dmg would just catch up and instasplat someone lol.

Doing an inferno mission with a team and spotting a lot of red dots on the map... thinking, hmm, SQ has left us some leets... then opening the door and seeing this. There were a few other such incidents... and many other fun memories, testlive can be quite quite mad some days And sometimes the bugs bring their own hilarity... such as this
    Last edited by Darkbane; Sep 10th, 2010 at 18:55:11.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Doing an inferno mission with a team and spotting a lot of red dots on the map... thinking, hmm, SQ has left us some leets... then opening the door and seeing this. There were a few other such incidents... and many other fun memories, testlive can be quite quite mad some days And sometimes the bugs bring their own hilarity... such as this
    2nd pic link is broken.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    2nd pic link is broken.
    just replace end of 1st link with end of 2nd and you have picture, bug hunters make it buggy on purpose
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    2nd pic link is broken.
    Thank you for your bug report, I was able to reproduce and have passed it along for resolution...

i.e. Fixed.

"Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast