Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 5th, 2010 - Details are always interesting

So much for my Floating Vampire Shade.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

second page!

I bet Means wasn't expecting this one!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

I utterly <3 the new Alien Dailies, awesome work!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Opifex floating is OK - they are "elves", after all.

Instead, can you please fix butt wiggling while running?

What happened to the patch to correct the Halloween phatz errors?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Notes!

(A) Final Respite Backpack: It doesn't function as a backpack. It was *supposed* to, and at one point did, but about an hour before shipping the update we discovered (or, i guess, re-discovered) an issue regarding looting backpacks from a corpse which completely broke the pack functionality. The item description has been changed internally to reflect this and will be updated in the next patch we deploy. Also, for those of you who've brought it up, the item will also be losing its Unique flag - Feel free to snag as many as you want. ;P

(B) QL 300 Shirt: The item which gives you the QL 300 Shirt (the "sealed high-quality shirt" item) unfortunately only has a 17% chance to actually spawn the QL 300 Shirt. We caught this and fixed it prior to the update hitting live, but due to stupidity the changes didn't actually make it in. In the next update we've recreated the item, removed the old sealed shirt item from the Pumpkinhead loot table, and replaced it with the new version.

(C) QL 1 Shirt: The reason the QL 300 Shirt comes from a 'sealed canister'-type item is due to, again, stupidity - This time with regards to how the game handles mob loot tables and quality levels, forcing me to make a work-around in the form of the sealed canister. While I thought to do this for the QL 300 Shirt, I completely forgot about the QL 1 Shirt needing the same work-around. ;P a "Sealed Low-Quality T-Shirt" item has been created and added to the Pumpkinhead loot tables; this will be available in the next update.

So yes - A couple of screw-ups, but stuff which will hopefully be addressed in our next update. Cheers! =)

Edit: After a bit of brainstorming with Lindelu, we're going to add a tradeskill to the currently-existing Final Respite pack; after the next update, you can use a screwdriver on the item to transform it into a "proper" backpack item. This will be a one-way street, but really there's no reason *not* to do it, so go for it. =)
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Im so excited by empty promises and great changes on paper that i dont even have to play.

Could we get any onfo on battlestation level ranges? Is 151-174 going to stay as it is (dead)? Is 175-214 with 3 title levels in one place working as intended?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Wink

I don't mind the butt wiggling or the floating. Butt wiggles happen when you walk, they are just more.....pronounced in game. However trying to make a tall fat female is nearly impossible cuz of the insta-shorten so I'm glad that's getting fixed.

Yes I want to make a toon of Amazon proportions, the exception being it would hopefully have both breasts instead of only the left.
    Seek Peace and you shall find me. Seek War, and there you will find me also. I hold the Light of Love in the darkness of the Abyss and e'er that star shall shine forth and give hope and comfort. Enemies of the Light and Freedom of Spirit, beware, for my blades fall fast and cut deep.

NEUTRAL 4 EVER!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Addressed in the same thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...8&postcount=28
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    This...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Unfortunately, due to the nature of the bug with the item, we pretty much literally cannot fix it (told you it was stupid ><). Again, as noted above, while we were hoping to be able to fix these issues before the end of the Halloween celebrations, it currently doesn't look likely - As said, the shirts are not dated, and will return next year (this time with a 100% chance on the item that contains the shirt).
    EDIT: OMG Defeated by Kintaii!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post
    Engy Doc finished. Feel free to use this and release it in 3-4 hours time after you place it in an excel file.
    So, you think it's OK that several 200+ SL pets remain as "more useless than RK slayer" when it comes to damage?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    So, you think it's OK that several 200+ SL pets remain as "more useless than RK slayer" when it comes to damage?

dont use them. just like alot of profs get their main weapon at 110-150 till 210-218.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

staring at my solitus soldier float around as i type this. wait maybe he was always opi and I was just wanting to believe...
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Wouldn't count on it, we were promised a new video "in 3 weeks" about 36 weeks ago or something
    Haha oh boy, well I'd rather see a trailer that has content worth showing instead of the same old assets but in an updated rendering environment. Coming Soon™©®?

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Wouldn't count on it, we were promised a new video "in 3 weeks" about 36 weeks ago or something
    There's that word again...and yes while I used to be the one with The Signature™, even I knew it wasn't "promised" to us. He was "hoping to get it to us"...pretty big difference.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Seriously though.... no engi's doc..

you're pushing it.

mm, drinking again.. makes for late posts
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Btw Means its called Bone enveloping (when bone rigging). I had no idea what you said about floating hehe..but i guess you guys had a issue of poly and veretx "floating" out of the mess where there
    is no envelope controlled. Its a normal issue when adding a new mess to the rigg.

I still see some envelope errors on some of the chars in wow, like the human dance mode. Twisted
    vertexes are not nice to look at.

Thx for keeping us updated... and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Zonax; Nov 5th, 2010 at 18:20:39.

my favorite size issue, is when my fat nanomage spawns a hoverboard, and I lose 50 pounds... guess that's where the materials come from. ew.

Yawn. Move along.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast