Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 5th, 2010 - Details are always interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Another artist obviously suffering Karma payback for some wrong he did in highschool as he is now busy remodeling approximately 100 trees...we expect him to snap at somewhere around 30. ...

They keep getting better with each version and this is exactly how I always hoped this developer/playerbase partnership would work...it keeps getting better for all of us so we all win. So thank you again!
    I want to design trees as well! Involve the player-base in stuff like that please :P, just name the format and the poly-count and we can contribute in more ways than just point out that alien x hits too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragam View Post
    I want to design trees as well! Involve the player-base in stuff like that please :P, just name the format and the poly-count and we can contribute in more ways than just point out that alien x hits too hard.
    I might be able contribute here to, on my spare time. The trees will probably end up as hightec glowing cybernetic trees but.

I can export obj, 3ds,max,mxs, or SDK to C+ . HQ texture mapping, prerender shadow maps, alpha maps, lowpoly modeling. Just PM me i talk Norwegian

Fr1d4y w1th M34ns - Phatz are always interesting!

Oh... wait.... Details..... thats it....

Gief phatz!

Nice to hear these things about the new character models. Good luck to the "tree guy"

18.4.0.2 TestLive Notes

- First version of the Anarchy Online Item Store and preparation for the in-game browser added to the GUI
    This better not be what I think it is...

Preview of next weeks friday with means:

"No engineer documents, jeff the tree artist snapped and set fire to the office, all the post it notes with the balance docs were destroyed!"

I kid, I kid, will be great seeing what changes have been made, and that the artist doesn't go too mad.

18.4.02 TestLive Notes

Everyone look at that. Lots of good stuff like an in game browser, XP to pool with XP gains off and other things. The items shop I don't know about but I heard it may hit testlive today yet, or at least some patch may, presumably this one.

I hope they get more blockers tbh.

First version of the Anarchy Online Item Store and preparation for the in-game browser added to the GUI.
    Do not buy anything please as these are test items and they will NOT be sent to your character.
    What....?

Please tell me (and Phargus) this isn't what I think it is.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Funcom employee

Snap
    Yey! Funsies!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Zonax View Post
    Btw Means its called Bone enveloping (when bone rigging). I had no idea what you said about floating hehe..but i guess you guys had a issue of poly and veretx "floating" out of the mess where there
    is no envelope controlled. Its a normal issue when adding a new mess to the rigg.

I still see some envelope errors on some of the chars in wow, like the human dance mode. Twisted
    vertexes are not nice to look at.

Thx for keeping us updated... and keep up the good work.
    Zonax: What he means (no pun intended...) is that solitus, nano mage and opi all use the same skeleton but with different weights. problem is that the meshes have different heights so the engine scales the skeleton to fit the mesh.... in code... yeah. that stuff makes **** float.
    Yey! Funsies!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragam View Post
    I might be able contribute here to, on my spare time. The trees will probably end up as hightec glowing cybernetic trees but.

I can export obj, 3ds,max,mxs, or SDK to C+ . HQ texture mapping, prerender shadow maps, alpha maps, lowpoly modeling. Just PM me i talk Norwegian
    Imho it's a good idea to get the community more involved, esp. if the dev team is as small as the AO team.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    This better not be what I think it is...
    I hope it is what you think ... I like it.

PS:
    @the devs / Means:
    Please putt the text stuff into seperate files/folders and let the player base translate them as they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    What....?

Please tell me (and Phargus) this isn't what I think it is.
    While we have no idea what it means at this point, I feel it's pretty safe to say AO really needs more income to stay online. While I certainly hope this doesn't mean "Pay to Win", I wouldn't mind if it contained social items such as the collector armor since no one does it anymore.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    While we have no idea what it means at this point, I feel it's pretty safe to say AO really needs more income to stay online. While I certainly hope this doesn't mean "Pay to Win", I wouldn't mind if it contained social items such as the collector armor since no one does it anymore.
    According to the thread Means *just* made, it does seem to be trending more towards social/convenience, rather than "Here have a Robust Backpack". But then one could say they'd just throw more social items in the paid points within one quickie patch. A robust effort like this does ring some su****ion...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    According to the thread Means *just* made, it does seem to be trending more towards social/convenience, rather than "Here have a Robust Backpack". But then one could say they'd just throw more social items in the paid points within one quickie patch. A robust effort like this does ring some su****ion...
    Oh new thread? I must see... hehe
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    Ella, Tech, you are up! What would it take to get you to say to hell with the NDA? j/k...but really, how much?
    wouldn't want to ruin your weekend

I am laying claim to Bor BY3, before anyone else calls it.

edit: Noting that Tech is concerned over the loss of his floating vampire shade, I can only deduce that the changes are so awesome that no further study of them is required...but then i think about some of the things I have seen Tech post and I think maybe I should just head to the BY now (someone throw me the link to a TS site, the one I used to use is gone, afaik).
    http://www.ao-universe.com

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBstrd View Post
    Zonax: What he means (no pun intended...) is that solitus, nano mage and opi all use the same skeleton but with different weights. problem is that the meshes have different heights so the engine scales the skeleton to fit the mesh.... in code... yeah. that stuff makes **** float.
    Hi MstrBstrd. Yeah i understood what he meant, i was just trying to make a harmless joke really.

Weight is not a 3D term i know about , still i have some gravitation skills ;P

But enough with jokes , yeah i see what you guys did there, this models looks very similar, so same bone rigg was used. I see what you guys have to go through, i admire that.

First.
    Cant say Ive ever noticed the floating opisexes.
    Definitely looking forward to seeing some new body models though
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

gj on the floating issue
    great code archeologeeks ^^
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Funcom employee

Hi MstrBstrd. Yeah i understood what he meant, i was just trying to make a harmless joke really.

Weight is not a 3D term i know about , still i have some gravitation skills ;P

But enough with jokes , yeah i see what you guys did there, this models looks very similar, so same bone rigg was used. I see what you guys have to go through, i admire that.
    Zonax: fortunetly i dont have to touch that stuff. its all Flaptoot. muahaha.
    Yey! Funsies!

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBstrd View Post
    Zonax: fortunetly i dont have to touch that stuff. its all Flaptoot. muahaha.
    Ok i see

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast