Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

Quote Originally Posted by chrys View Post
    yep as long as ao has no publicity or marketing vehicles (ie. Consumer expansion), its status would be read from a management pov as "dying", regardless of claims to the contradictory. Its pretty basic bizad stuff. Making the game costlier to existing consumers isn't a sustainable model.
    qft
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

you forget an important point, in a normal world making things more expensive doesn't work yeah.
    But we all are addicts so you need to think of drugs, when cigarrettes for example get more expensive almost no one quits smoking, same for ao, if it gets even more expensive we addicts will complain but more or less all of us won't stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    you forget an important point, in a normal world making things more expensive doesn't work yeah.
    But we all are addicts so you need to think of drugs, when cigarrettes for example get more expensive almost no one quits smoking, same for ao, if it gets even more expensive we addicts will complain but more or less all of us won't stop playing.
    well... if - for example - the favorite cigarrette brand is getting more expensive than
    i'm willing to pay for, i'd change to a similar brand.
    sure... the taste isn't realy the same as usual but i still can go on smoking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptiva View Post
    The patch never existed.... There is no spoon

I will pay you 50PP for a 2nd bank on 1 toon per account. Call me.

I heard a rumor that the keys for the chests in CoH are going to be in the new shop!

And, I doubt Means will put anything into the shop that is going to make everyone ragequit. The goal is to increase money coming in, not less.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Two things come to mind:
    1. Give subscribers a small amount each month to spend in the Item shop, bonus for subscribing
    2. Ammo available in the item shop.
    Heh, number 2# would be awesome to see MA soldiers running around.

But what comes to mind to seeing item shop coming to many places, the board has released some nice memo that you must generate more revenue or you will be shut down.

Ofcourse this means that peeps that work with the project will be asked to leave as well and thus they have also some interest in the matter to keep their jobs.

However, as long as the new engine has been promised its pretty much seems more than a fairy tale with some photoshop skills for images as playing prototypes for TSW and launching it prolly calls quits for AO as well or the revenue from the subscriptions and the notorius coming item shop falls too low that cannot upkeep the team / infrastructure.

But why not to have item shop, if someone wants to buy some murloc pets etc be my quest. However what I'd personally would like to see is even somewhat working alpha/beta client of the new engine that could shine some justice for the promises along the years - not to mention shed off some 'vaporware' naming in the process as well.
    --
    "Funcom, wth? Are you making agent into assault doctors?"

Quote Originally Posted by JJiman View Post

However, as long as the new engine has been promised its pretty much seems more than a fairy tale with some photoshop skills for images as playing prototypes for TSW and launching it prolly calls quits for AO as well or the revenue from the subscriptions and the notorius coming item shop falls too low that cannot upkeep the team / infrastructure.
    So because something is in the itemshop it suddenly disappears from other ways to get it ingame? Where does that logic come from?

The about 100 of us who saw the new engine demoed live earlier this year somehow don't count?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

This is very likely something they are forced to test on AO, if it generates positive effect it will be slapped on AoC later, and onces TSW dies it hit's it too...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by JJiman View Post
    I was more meaning as an additional source of ammo, so for example, if a Soldier was to run out of Ammo mid Pande, instead of being useless, he'd be able to pay a minuscule fee to get a nice stock of ammo to keep him going in an emergency.

Not for the Item shop to be the only source of ammo.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Ammo is just good sample. Possibility to get 50k stacks of it only from PP shop can be declared as "only convenience" - anyone still can buy "old-style" ammo or loot it in missions.

It's very typical for such shops in other games to artificially make gaming experience inconvenient w/o spending (extra) RL money.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    first version of the in-game browser (...) The uses of this technology are going to free us up to do a lot of different things we have wanted to do for years.
    Among the main use i imagine : endly do an interactive audio/video tutorial for newcomers ! This is one of the feature that would help AO to retain new people easier as the info windows & NPC dialogs ain't really catchy visually nor conceptually.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

You guys really are squeezing every last penny out of this game.
    I was downloading the client today to start playing again.
    After it wouldn't install on Windows 7 I finally booted into safemode and installed it through there (otherwise it would lock up explorer.exe).
    Now as I'm patching I see you're going to have an item store?!
    Still no new engine?!
    I'm deleting the client after this post.
    Fauck you guys, ruining a perfectly good game.
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

This is all well and good for FC. I get it, you want more money.

Problem I see is this. If you sell Victory points, you lose a lot of fodder an fun in BS. Currently we don't have a healty population of pvpers in this game. BS doesn't run all the time like it should as it is. If you remove a need to go to Battle Stations your losing a huge section of the pvp in this game.

Tokens OK, XP stims OK, Veteran Items OK. Victory points and outside buffs, especially if htose outside buffs can be used in BS is kinda of pushing it. That makes a person overpowered in BS. oh wait, BS won't run with VP being sold.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by fortorn View Post
    Problem I see is this. If you sell Victory points, you lose a lot of fodder an fun in BS. Currently we don't have a healty population of pvpers in this game. BS doesn't run all the time like it should as it is. If you remove a need to go to Battle Stations your losing a huge section of the pvp in this game.
    Your point is somewhat mute, as OFAB armor will no longer be NODROP. Except perhaps special edition helmet, shoulders and rings, people not interested in PVP can find ways to obtain the gear aside from both PVP and spending cash on "Funcom points"

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
    Your point is somewhat mute, as OFAB armor will no longer be NODROP. Except perhaps special edition helmet, shoulders and rings, people not interested in PVP can find ways to obtain the gear aside from both PVP and spending cash on "Funcom points"
    A move i also do not agree with
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    Among the main use i imagine : endly do an interactive audio/video tutorial for newcomers ! This is one of the feature that would help AO to retain new people easier as the info windows & NPC dialogs ain't really catchy visually nor conceptually.
    Even a decent, in game, graphical help would be a good start I think.

Theres only so much that people can grasp just reading "NPC chat", images say so much more.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
    Just to clarify, we said basic OFAB. This does not include Improved or Penultimate.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Yeah so you can buy the basic armor from shop, or make them with your 220 toon and buy the updates in the GMS hehe

no just kidding, i welcome this change, this allows the people to choose their character they want to do Battlestation/Pvp with and doesn´t force them to use some heavily untwinked gimp0 char.

http://www.dokushuu.com/xml/TL_18.04....00.04_EP1.xml

look at the bottom:

Skill Wrangler (Premium) - Buff Can

yeah, getting 131 to all nano and weapon skills for free, everywhere and at any time doesnt count as payed advantage, right? This will make a difference on the battlestation or other pvp activities! Imagin a trader, who always follows you, just to buff you +131 and cant be killed.
    what will be next? nullity sphere II in a can for every class, 19 seconds invulnerability for 9,99$ ?

Funcom employee

Have been reposting this one a bit, so I'll go ahead and drop it in here too:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    As noted in the FwM thread, these buffs are designed to be used in twinking scenarios ONLY. The reason they won't be in the shop at launch is due to us requiring additional code support for their use requirements. We do *not* want people using these buff cans in combat scenarios, and will be placing requirements on them to remove such a possibility. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast