Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

well ok this sounds nice, i hope you get the code support.

My guess would be, making attacking impossible when using a buff can

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Have been reposting this one a bit, so I'll go ahead and drop it in here too:
    Is the engine capable off shutting down a specific nano when entering combat? A "target cannot be infight" would not suffice, as players could still cast them just before entering combat. Like casting the 3mins wrangler just before entering core or starting a duel and then recasting them when aggro drops.
    Last edited by academica; Nov 12th, 2010 at 21:11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I was more meaning as an additional source of ammo, so for example, if a Soldier was to run out of Ammo mid Pande, instead of being useless, he'd be able to pay a minuscule fee to get a nice stock of ammo to keep him going in an emergency.

Not for the Item shop to be the only source of ammo.
    Huh? Running out of ammo? Professional claiming... sigh.. been away for awhile? The soldier just taps the next fixer and says 'ello matey, would you prefer insertation or summon ammo, please?'

And there you be having a blast time no worry for ammo. Although, gotta say that running out of ammo in a raid shows a really bad bad preparation, but ofcourse, press 'q' to play guess causes that.

MA's forever.
    --
    "Funcom, wth? Are you making agent into assault doctors?"

Please tell me you're going to be selling a sex change item!!!!
    Almadena

Quote Originally Posted by madrid View Post
    Please tell me you're going to be selling a sex change item!!!!
    Sex change has already been announced as part of the breed change system they said we'd get with the rebalance.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Item shop is a really bad idea. Really just means its all about the money and not the community.
    as the game sits now with instanced...well, everything and solo daily missions
    the game has become a lobby where you login and afk while socializing and sitting on lft.
    just add a queue to all the instances and the transformation to a graphical lobby interface is complete.
    paid point one of a kind and preorder items, just buy the crap.
    perk resets are easy, just buy the crap.
    name changes extra character slots, just buy the crap
    yet just give some ebayers and heck noobs the chance to buy their toons and gear it seems like the natural progression. when it becomes all about the money.
    no work for anything at this point - 220 in 2 weeks
    this combined with all the ninja changes funcom makes, make the reasons for playing ao less and less valid. nothing like spending (in some cases years) on toons to have fc make some unrecorded ninja change on it.
    almost makes me miss the old school days, 1 month to do a full pr on a toon, if you wanted something you actually had to farm it, enjoy your paid point easy button. we all know you didn't earn any of it. bye bye sense of accomplishment. no reason to keep paying for this crap
    Last edited by Capncaveman; Nov 13th, 2010 at 02:35:51.
    what if the hokey pokey?...is what its all about
    I AM BORED!!!!
    Capnsfix, Capncaveman, Denamari, Monkeylips, and boatloads of others
    Insanity inc. still waiting on our in game strait jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Capncaveman View Post
    Item shop is a really bad idea. Really just means its all about the money and not the community.
    the game has become a lobby where you login and afk while socializing and sitting on lft.
    just add a queue to all the instances and the transformation to a graphical lobby interface is complete.
    yet just give some ebayers and heck noobs the chance to buy their toons and gear it seems like the natural progression. when it becomes all about the money.
    this combined with all the ninja changes funcom makes, make the reasons for playing ao less and less valid. nothing like spending (in some cases years) on toons to have fc make some unrecorded ninja change on it.
    almost makes me miss the old school days, 1 month to do a full pr on a toon, if you wanted something you actually had to farm it, enjoy your paid point easy button. we all know you didn't earn any of it. bye bye sense of accomplishment. no reason to keep paying for this crap

qft.
    Scempio General of Midnight Society

We all know how F2P games start, and how they end. "Only social and convenience items" first, then items which are the only way to restore mana or remove a huge two hour long death penalty in a year. Yes that goes under the "convenience" category, technically.

AO is just too hardcore to be F2P. This is not a flashy korean MMO for housewives and kids with their mommies credit cards.

I work in game development myself and I know the guidelines for F2P developers very well. If AO goes that route, I'm out.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    We all know how F2P games start, and how they end. "Only social and convenience items" first, then items which are the only way to restore mana or remove a huge two hour long death penalty in a year. Yes that goes under the "convenience" category, technically.

AO is just too hardcore to be F2P. This is not a flashy korean MMO for housewives and kids with their mommies credit cards.

I work in game development myself and I know the guidelines for F2P developers very well. If AO goes that route, I'm out.
    Yep, look at BF Heroes.
    Only social stuff in the beginning and now I don't even dare to go online without any boosters and Uber Weapons from the store.
    In the End, it is just about money.
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Try limit it to social/convenience stuff and time-limiting (xp) bonuses for players with already 220's charracter.

Lets say, if you have already done all garden quests, AI3-quest...

Selling VP equals selling power. The whole content of that shop is PP...too much imo. Just fix accessibillity instead.

Edit:

And NO to selling visual replicals of HI-specs, Pandestuff, smuggler-things etc...it's a social game!
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 13th, 2010 at 20:02:35.

I played a F2P game for some months, started paying nothing to about 15-20$/month but could have been much more and finally I got bored because your account progress was all about money and came back to the traditional MMORPG where I didn't care to pay for a montlhy fee as long as I could get my own stuff and some days later I find this...

my personal opinion is this; whether FC decides to put out a shop to buy level packs and the like, im sure they are trying it for a reason, ao community may or may not like it but if a majority disagree then it can always be changed back, thats the best thing about this is that it is not fully set in stone until the feedback of the players.
    Scempio General of Midnight Society

Quote Originally Posted by Capncaveman View Post
    /signed
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

I'm gonna reserve judgment for now. Like some ideas, dont like others. But one thing...if ur doing all this, you NEED to make AI 3 a permanent fixture and be able to perk OUT OF IT.

edit: And while Im on a roll...how about a 1 time FIPR without taking out symbs? (220 only of course)
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Nov 14th, 2010 at 03:19:28.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I see a slim chance of this working, I will probably outright leave when the store comes into effect. I have more hardcore MMORPG options than just Anarchy Online. Sure, I'll be sad to see it go under after playing for just about 7 years but greed gets the best of most at one point.

This is just like when I was beta testing for RTW on All Points Bulletin, and I am not joking, I mean "just like", this is the exact same thing. People in the forums were all in an uproar about it, they warned, they begged, they pleaded, but the company wouldn't listen, protected by their knights in shining armour discarding them as doomsayers. They were a minority, but just enough to give the company a lullzed sense of security and righteousness, but in the end, they failed, they died, just two months after release.

This is how I see AO ending up, albeit it being anything but new, this new addition will destroy or at least greatly harm it, you stand to gain new players but lose your die-hard crowd. And when those new gamers realize that AO still is a rather hardcore MMORPG they too will leave. And there will be nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by Werevixen View Post
    I see a slim chance of this working, I will probably outright leave when the store comes into effect. I have more hardcore MMORPG options than just Anarchy Online. Sure, I'll be sad to see it go under after playing for just about 7 years but greed gets the best of most at one point.

This is just like when I was beta testing for RTW on All Points Bulletin, and I am not joking, I mean "just like", this is the exact same thing. People in the forums were all in an uproar about it, they warned, they begged, they pleaded, but the company wouldn't listen, protected by their knights in shining armour discarding them as doomsayers. They were a minority, but just enough to give the company a lullzed sense of security and righteousness, but in the end, they failed, they died, just two months after release.

This is how I see AO ending up, albeit it being anything but new, this new addition will destroy or at least greatly harm it, you stand to gain new players but lose your die-hard crowd. And when those new gamers realize that AO still is a rather hardcore MMORPG they too will leave. And there will be nothing left.
    Funny you should mention APB, since it was actually cheaper to play than AO (less than half the euro cost). What generally happens is devs usually start by having some success in ignoring the player base in order to make hard decisions, and this is a good thing. Unfortunately they lose sight of what opinions to ignore and which to take seriously and then it rapidly collapses from there. Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, APB, Darkfall, etc all gone down pretty badly after decent starts in recent years. DF and AO have shown small MMOs can survive initial flops, but they also bleed players each time the devs screw up royally, and this happens remarkably more often than you'd think given the number of years these games have been around. Whether they have the capacity to regain/replace those players is where the real skill of the dev team is to be shown.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

While microtransactions are lame as hell, unless they start to put on twinking/power items it doesnt seem that bad.
    XP stims and stuff like that seems to be acceptable. I wont be paying a single cent on em

edit: limited access things for frubs is a great idea imo
    Last edited by Aramsunat; Nov 14th, 2010 at 14:05:28.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Funcom, you have a responsibility to honour the game you made, to honour why it was made, and who it was made for. You very well know this isn't at all the right course of action and it will more than likely harm than help you by wittling down your the crowd that stuck by you the longest, through thick and thin.

Cease at once because I'd rather see this game go down to a lack of population, than for it to become "just another World of Warcraft clone" and be succesful, which you seem to be trying really hard at.

It's not all about profits, but then again I suppose those new generation developers can't understand that very well from the looks of it, they're not from the time when MMOs were made to entertain, not reap profits. But that doesn't mean they can keep the game going in the right direction without sacrificing it's difficulty or originality.

So please, preserve Anarchy Online.

Your's truly, Anarchy Online player for 7 years,

Werevixen
    Last edited by Werevixen; Nov 14th, 2010 at 16:33:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Werevixen View Post
    Cease at once because I'd rather see this game go down to a lack of population, than for it to become "just another World of Warcraft clone" and be succesful, which you seem to be trying really hard at.
    Uh, did WoW get an item shop while I wasn't looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanisthonus View Post
    Uh, did WoW get an item shop while I wasn't looking?
    Yes it did. They are selling pets there.
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast