Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

The whole "buff can" needs to be thrown in the can forthwith. What a joke.

Welcome to Apathy Online.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    The whole "buff can" needs to be thrown in the can forthwith. What a joke.

Welcome to Apathy Online.
    I think it's funny that the majority of the posts in this thread goes by the assumption that everyone in the game are going to be completely replacing options ingame with the ones you pay for. How is that a logical assumption? I don't see that happen at all.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I think it's funny that the majority of the posts in this thread goes by the assumption that everyone in the game are going to be completely replacing options ingame with the ones you pay for. How is that a logical assumption? I don't see that happen at all.
    Buff pack will give so big advantage in pvp that people are forced to buy packs to compete with eatch other. NR 1/2 get it?

OK for bags if you are unable to attack for lets say 1-2 hours after using buff from bag.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Buff pack will give so big advantage in pvp that people are forced to buy packs to compete with eatch other. NR 1/2 get it?

OK for bags if you are unable to attack for lets say 1-2 hours after using buff from bag.
    Again you're not reading the thread or even the first post. The buff packs won't be usable in pvp, only for twinking usage. And because of this they're not added to the game till the support for how to handle this is there. At least read the first page or even the first post(!) before you go on a whining spree or throw out assumptions left and right. Seriously.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Again you're not reading the thread or even the first post. The buff packs won't be usable in pvp, only for twinking usage. And because of this they're not added to the game till the support for how to handle this is there. At least read the first page or even the first post(!) before you go on a whining spree or throw out assumptions left and right. Seriously.
    Just so sad...

I have read it so many times that my eyes are bleeding blood and still cannot believe it.

Who says it wont be used in pvp no mentioning it wont be usable in pvp too? Twinking in NR is twinking too you know... Buff up and you are ready to go... So only way to prevent it is to make LONG lock before you can attend any kind of pvp as I stated. Second it will even futher make game anti social when you do not even have to talk to anyone to get buffs anymore...

So stop being smartass and stop assuming that I have not chekked the posts made by FC.

Funcom employee

Just so sad...

I have read it so many times that my eyes are bleeding blood and still cannot believe it.

Who says it wont be used in pvp no mentioning it wont be usable in pvp too? Twinking in NR is twinking too you know... Buff up and you are ready to go... So only way to prevent it is to make LONG lock before you can attend any kind of pvp as I stated. Second it will even futher make game anti social when you do not even have to talk to anyone to get buffs anymore...

So stop being smartass and stop assuming that I have not chekked the posts made by FC.
    We have indicated at several points and in several posts throughout several threads that these buff cans are designed to be used for twinking purposes only, and not for combat. See below:

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Pre-packaged 'buff' items which can be used for twinking purpopses. These are already available in today's Testlive patch, but will not be going into the shop until we have additional code support for their use requirements. These buffs are designed to be used for twinking purposes only and will consist only of buff nanos you could already receive in-game from other characters (IE: targeted-cast nanos from professions).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    As noted in the FwM thread, these buffs are designed to be used in twinking scenarios ONLY. The reason they won't be in the shop at launch is due to us requiring additional code support for their use requirements. We do *not* want people using these buff cans in combat scenarios, and will be placing requirements on them to remove such a possibility. =)
    Like the FwM thread indicated (and as I've posted elsewhere on the forums) the buff cans have been *made* but are not *finished*, and will not be going into the shop yet. We need additional code support for all the requirement checks we want them to have, and what's there right now hasn't been finalized.

We're not interested in these items being used in a combat situation in any fashion or form, and will be taking steps to prevent that before they go on sale in the store. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Just so sad...

Well apart from it sitting right there in the first post and it just being you going "I don't believe it just because I don't want to" then here's some that arent the first post in this thread, or even the other ones by means and kintaii:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...05#post5892205

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...46#post5891346

I'm sure you can find some more if you try

As for the anti-social part, then like I said in a different post; where do you get the idea that just because it's possible to buy the buffs that EVERYONE will do this, and only this and will never buff anyone else? Or even buy the buffs ingame becuase hey, why spend creds on that when you can save them up and just buy them with rl money instead? So you think that when you go "/tell enf hi could i get behe please?" he'll reply "i don't buff, go buy it at the store"? Or something similar? Where does that idea come from?
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Nov 15th, 2010 at 13:38:57.
    The Red Brotherhood

As said buff packs are OK if they lock ability to use em in combat.

We have indicated at several points and in several posts throughout several threads that these buff cans are designed to be used for twinking purposes only, and not for combat. See below:
    It's still very unsocial...

Levelpacks and ofab:

If you do this you can make it in accordance with game content like BS and other things that is pertaining to the level 50/100/150 twink-ranges/levels.

With easy access to ofab (don't sell vp tho plz ><) and those boost-to-level packs you can get a large (somewhat) amount of players consentrated at those 3 level ranges.

So you can make arrangements, events and content at those levels. Maybe social items for winning BS etc... Then with ofab (and maybe some low ql hacked grafts aswell together with the battle-prepared stuff) it's also easier to be adequate for new players and more fun to play. Social too

Level packs:
    PvP'ers finally get (partially) what they've wanted. Skip the "boring" PvM leveling. Now they'll just have to buy their AI armor, ofab base armor and upgrade clumps, and maybe lootrights to a weapon or two. Then do research & AI.

Buyable VP:
    This gives PvM'ers what they want. They don't want to do PvP; Thus, can spend $$$ to skip the VP farm. If they want towers, PvP score or whatever else PvP'ers measure their epeen with, they'll still have to do PvP.

It's a win-win, imo... As long as the price is high enough to not make it the primary choice.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

following simple logic, if "everyone" started using the item shop and buying everything thats in it religiously, then i would say that the majority have spoken, and very few people will be negatively effected (subjectively, that is). if however very few use the item shop, then the majority of players will likely not see any change to their gameplay (this is the more likely scenario). I very highly doubt there will be a half and half split on this, or close to it. and, in the event that there is a clear divide, nothing will change anyhow as new players are rarely helped by the lazy sort to begin with, so the argument that there will be no one to level with for new players has more holes than swiss cheese. Guaranteed there will still be people spouting on the forums for days to come "oh noes, no one will be able to find a team now!", but they should probably be ignored, as heckler osting/kiting pretty much does this in one fell swoop for levels 30-160. if funcom removes the ability to ost/kite, you will likely see "real" nerd rage, as opposed to the crybaby crazy train thats going in circles right now with the item shop. imo, anyone that states that they would quit over this, were likely planning to anyhow, and are using this as an excuse. if you would quit a game at the drop of a hat over minor changes, you are not a serious player of that game. what will happen if these I-qquit-threateners are around when new engine and rebalance hit live and their gameplay is guaranteed to be changed? Honestly, while your at it funcom, kill osting, kill kiting and make level ranges for teaming maximum 20 levels difference across the board. this would be a change that would drastically effect everyones gameplay, even though everyone is also asking for this too (everyone on the forums that is, which amounts to nothing anyway). put that kind of change into perspective with the new item shop and people may start to understand how silly the negative-hype has become over this. oh noes, but battlestations won't run anymore! says who? they didnt run to begin with, and the fact that they are running now probably won't change, but hey, lets wait and see. have some faith people (or if you're opposed to the new item shop; have some doubt people).
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Level packs:
    PvP'ers finally get (partially) what they've wanted. Skip the "boring" PvM leveling. Now they'll just have to buy their AI armor, ofab base armor and upgrade clumps, and maybe lootrights to a weapon or two. Then do research & AI.

Buyable VP:
    This gives PvM'ers what they want. They don't want to do PvP; Thus, can spend $$$ to skip the VP farm. If they want towers, PvP score or whatever else PvP'ers measure their epeen with, they'll still have to do PvP.

It's a win-win, imo... As long as the price is high enough to not make it the primary choice.
    Actually people who don't want to pvp don't even have to spend $$$ on OFAB, they can buy it from GMS with credits they get from PvM or trading with other people over items gotten from PvM.
    The Red Brotherhood

Only real concern for me is what item shop may become. Many stated before how some games started with just "social" items for their mall. I just hope the day doesn't come where i see "epic" weapons (loot) on the shop.

I personaly love the idea of the boosted lvl packs. Already have a toon 220 well you may be entitle to skip that long grind. And how is spending hours beating hecklers/aliens/inf an acomplishment??.... some people need less free time.

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    some people need less free time.

So you'd not be hostile to the idea of buying a 220/30/70 toon right? Because heck, why do we even play this game?

Oh right to jump past the actual gameplay, so we can stand around and admire each others pixel bling bling...
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    So you'd not be hostile to the idea of buying a 220/30/70 toon right? Because heck, why do we even play this game?

Oh right to jump past the actual gameplay, so we can stand around and admire each others pixel bling bling...
    Can't buy a 220/30/70 toon....

And i didn't skip the gameplay if i made it to 220. Should i include a screen shot from the LFT screen right now? for my lvl 173 adv its half KITE2MPERLVL/INFMISSPLZ, and half s10. Is that gameplay?

There is a huge difference between a 199 and a 220/30/70 character.

If you are able to buy a 199 char, you are able to skip the lowlevel parts, which are boring for SOME people (not all of course).

But he still wants to play the game and especially the parts he likes, may this be 200+ parts i don´t care what he likes, the ones who like lowlevel can still create a normal toon without using the store.

Of course it is stupid to buy a 220/30/70 char, but i don´t think, that this will ever come, so please stop comparing this to that.

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    Can't buy a 220/30/70 toon....

And i didn't skip the gameplay if i made it to 220. Should i include a screen shot from the LFT screen right now? for my lvl 173 adv its half KITE2MPERLVL/INFMISSPLZ, and half s10. Is that gameplay?

It's better than buying the levels with your VISA, FunCom has neglected idea after idea on how to improve leveling in this game. What we see now is just groping for your pockets.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

That is not really true.

They patched in daily missions, they patched alot of XP rewards to questlines, and are still continuing this development.

But most of the players still want to take the easy way of grinding, especially if they don´t have to equip their toons because of ost teams or kite services.

And this is not really better than buying an already leveled toon for real cash, ok maybe it is a bit better because you don´t pay something to funcom directly, but i don´t see a huge difference between the both possibilitys.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    That is not really true.

They patched in daily missions, they patched alot of XP rewards to questlines, and are still continuing this development.

But most of the players still want to take the easy way of grinding, especially if they don´t have to equip their toons because of ost teams or kite services.

And this is not really better than buying an already leveled toon for real cash, ok maybe it is a bit better because you don´t pay something to funcom directly, but i don´t see a huge difference between the both possibilitys.

Daily missions enable greater "MSORPG" massively solo online role playing game experience, I'm talking about all the input the playerbase put forth to enhance team play. This game is 100 timers better when you team with others, I miss the social aspect. Daily is great and all, but I might as well have played a single player game.

I like the idea to have the possibility to go and do something solo from time to time.

And if you only find stupid OST teams the game is everything else but better with others...

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast