Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    I like the idea to have the possibility to go and do something solo from time to time.

And if you only find stupid OST teams the game is everything else but better with others...
    Sometimes is radically different from being able to solo 400k sk per day, gaining 78 tokens, and 300-500k axp.

In fear of repeating myself, the player base has given great ideas on how to counter OST teams, and inf-leeching. They have apparently fallen on deaf ears. And we now get buyable levels instead...

Waves hand in a show of the force: "This is not the MMORPG experience you are looking for!"
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Buyable VP:
    This gives PvM'ers what they want. They don't want to do PvP; Thus, can spend $$$ to skip the VP farm.
    NO!
    no no no no no no no it ISNT!

What most pvm'ers want is access to VP in a non pvp related INGAME way, through, ya know pvm encounters.

Why should I, a 9 year subscribing player, have to give FC MORE money for access to items for an expansion I ALLREADY paid for?

"Then buy it ingame with Credits!"
    Yes with creds that i buy from a third party cred seller?

What some people are able to see, whilst others bury thier head in the sand (or certain parts of Fundscam's anatomy, like the fanboys they are) is that RATHER than fixing an issue that a fair number of the population have a problem with (ie. no reasonable way to obtain ofab other than battle station pvp) they are deciding to MILK those players for more money instead.

And while many people who do enjoy the pvp aspects of AO are saying "So what? stop the whining" I'd be intrested to see what happens when instead of fixing a pvp related issue in the proper manner, FC says "Oh we're not going to fix that unless you pay us more money"
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

I would love the chance to buy a couple of 199 froob buff monkeys. As for expansion character prices, I don't see how it could be worth more than the price of a one month subscription. In that one month of game time almost anyone could level a toon to 199 via the common game shortcuts. The item shop better look like a value if FC wants to sell based on convenience. Leveling is not that hard, just annoying.

We've been asking for VP Rewards from LE missions to balance out the gross disparage in VP from PvM and PvP.

The solution offered is, "If you don't like the expansion you already paid for and pay us for monthly, give us more money and you can buy the bandage to cover the wound."
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    I would love the chance to buy a couple of 199 froob buff monkeys.
    To use the lvl packs you need a lvl 220 on presumably the same game account as the char you want to buy lvl packs for. So doing it for fr00bs won't be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    What most pvm'ers want is access to VP in a non pvp related INGAME way, through, ya know pvm encounters
    Why should I, a 9 year subscribing player, have to give FC MORE money for access to items for an expansion I ALLREADY paid for?
    If only there were some way of getting credits by doing PvM encounters
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    To use the lvl packs you need a lvl 220 on presumably the same game account as the char you want to buy lvl packs for. So doing it for fr00bs won't be possible.
    Yes that is the impression I get as well. I would not pay for a toon that is easy to level fast if desired but I would I would buy a froob agent buff monkey. Maybe they will allow the purchase of froobs who knows. If money for FC is the goal then they should consider it. Purchasing utility toons would be worth it to me.

AO is a very mature game in the MMO world. I don't think it is going to see the average player passing through to see the new F2P game on the block and what it has to offer. My biggest concern therefore, is that the player base currently out there leveling new toons is already small. Shrinking it further can potentially hurt the game more than insta-level can help. Teams are already difficult for certain professions to get into. Now remove even more of those players from the equation and we will see a decline in player's ability to level even more than it is. How about a supercharged version of XP stims? Give a buff that makes all kills that grant XP deliver XP at the cap? So you get 10 kills and you level. Apply it to research too. In this way, you have the benefit of super rapid leveling, but at the same time, you have to get out there and play with your character.

Also, I view the sale of VP as the sale of power. OFAB is nothing to joke about. I think better ways of getting VP in-game need to be explored. It is currently not a viable option to grind out for OFAB at mid levels. Or even at the end game levels for casual players. Maybe using paid points to get a buff might be a good option. You still have to BS or LE Mish, but you are guaranteed a certain amount of Xtra VP. This keeps players still doing what they need to get them. Otherwise, fewer and fewer will participate in BS and we could eventually see further deterioration across the remaining TLs that are still active.
    Last edited by Shadowblayde; Nov 15th, 2010 at 21:04:41. Reason: Post too long to read- Shortened
    If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault.
    If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault.
    If damage dies, it's damage's fault.

I dont mind the store atleast im going to be giving money to a company that i like alot not something like nexon or one of those other online game store games lol.

i still would pay cash for a neutral application form!!

but as long as my money is going to support Anarchy Online (i hope) i will use the online store and keep my subscription up
    Dochollie 220 Opifex Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I think it's funny that the majority of the posts in this thread goes by the assumption that everyone in the game are going to be completely replacing options ingame with the ones you pay for. How is that a logical assumption? I don't see that happen at all.
    You're making the assumption that I think they're going to be replaced.

One of the big features of this game is having 13 professions to choose from when making a toon. Each of these professions has a unique toolset at their disposal, which they can only cast on themselves, and also a subset of tools which they are able to share with the other professions.

All these buff-cans do is further trivialise/remove profession differences, and further isolates interraction amongst players, because they don't have to hunt these professions out, they can just fork out $5 and have it handed to them on a plate.... Apathy Online.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

haha what?

That is totally illogical. If you want the VP, why do something stupid like give your credit card number to a third-party credit seller, which are notorious for stealing that information and your account, and using the credits you bought for Ofab? It would make more sense to just buy the VP from FC in the first place.

While I don't think they should sell VP AND make Ofab yesdrop, using fallacious logic doesn't help anything. Plus, doing the BS daily then just hanging out inside BS until one side hits 400 points is free if you're that militantly against doing PvP.

My concern, however, is that selling VP so PvMers don't have to do PvP is one step away from selling weapons and armor so PvPers don't have to do PvM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Account since June 2001 - Our Feedback:

The paid points services are great. A fine addition.

The new in-game shop sucks.
    If you want to ensure another 9+ years for AO - this is not the way to go.
    The new shop does in no way improve the game.

Where AO currently lacks is the ancient game engine. It looks like it was made in the last millenium...and that is exactly what it is. OLD.

If AO is to remain a subscription based game - it is vital to get the new players "hooked" up in the complexity and beauty that AO is. First impression counts.

If the game improves (visuals, resource handling) the player base will grow and the game will go another 10 years+.

Means: Please consider this feedback, from a professional to another.
    Players: All who think alike - please dont forget to post. He asked for more input. He shall have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    haha what?

That is totally illogical. If you want the VP, why do something stupid like give your credit card number to a third-party credit seller, which are notorious for stealing that information and your account, and using the credits you bought for Ofab? It would make more sense to just buy the VP from FC in the first place.
    Personaly i wouldnt, But for the sake of argument, why would someone pay money for vp that can ONLY be redeemed for ofab, when they can instead buy credits that can buy them Ofab AND anything else they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Personaly i wouldnt, But for the sake of argument, why would someone pay money for vp that can ONLY be redeemed for ofab, when they can instead buy credits that can buy them Ofab AND anything else they want.
    If Funcom sells these things for less than the credits to buy them would cost.

Or Funcom might be able to sell them at the same price or higher, simply for the added security of a more reputable vendor.

NO!
    no no no no no no no it ISNT!

What most pvm'ers want is access to VP in a non pvp related INGAME way, through, ya know pvm encounters.

What some people are able to see, whilst others bury thier head in the sand (or certain parts of Fundscam's anatomy, like the fanboys they are) is that RATHER than fixing an issue that a fair number of the population have a problem with (ie. no reasonable way to obtain ofab other than battle station pvp) they are deciding to MILK those players for more money instead.

And while many people who do enjoy the pvp aspects of AO are saying "So what? stop the whining" I'd be intrested to see what happens when instead of fixing a pvp related issue in the proper manner, FC says "Oh we're not going to fix that unless you pay us more money"
    Again, you can just buy those items with credits as now people will put them up for sale.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

If $$ for VP for OFAB and $$ for tokens are underhanded ways to reduce the cred seller issue.. I'd prefer FC went into the cred selling game itself and fought them head on.. Sell cred packs directly!

If FC really needs the money, why not eh...

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    If $$ for VP for OFAB and $$ for tokens are underhanded ways to reduce the cred seller issue.. I'd prefer FC went into the cred selling game itself and fought them head on.. Sell cred packs directly!

If FC really needs the money, why not eh...
    Well aside from many other reasons that would be a terrible idea, if Funcom sold credits through "credit packs" or something, that would be creating new credits, increasing the money supply. This would create hyperinflation as there is now more money in the economy vying for the same products as before. Prices would keep increasing rapidly and so the only option people would have to still buy things keeping up with this inflation is to also buy credits from Funcom, which would further increase the inflation rate, and on and on, destroying the economy quickly.

I don't actually know how cred sellers make their credits, but I believe it's safe to assume you can break it down like this. Cred sellers don't create new credits as easily out of nothing. Either they sell things to players (that is, they don't make new money, they just transfer old money) or do things like s10 bounty selling to make new money. However, any form of making new money that cred sellers use takes a lot more time than it would take FC to just "print" new creds. Not only that, but with FC endorsing credit selling, certainly this would increase the demand and output of new credits, whether the new credits are from cred sellers or FC itself. Previously, inflation has been relatively low thanks to somewhat sticky prices and other drains of credits out of the economy from people leaving/deleting or using the Perk Reset NPC, etc. However, FC selling credits would create a vast influx of credits that would outstrip these deflationary forces. Thus the inflation rate would be a lot higher with FC selling creds and would quickly spiral out of control.
    Last edited by LyrLazarus; Nov 15th, 2010 at 23:20:10.

Well there were some ways to "generate" money for them, but they are fixed, luckily.

And yeah that´s right, with "only" selling VP funcom doesn´t increase the cred amount ingame too much, and i think, that Ofab armor will become very cheap within a few weeks, i know of some guys who has 1.000.000 Victory Points earned or even more, so if they decide to toss out some armor and other stuff even without buying VP in the store it will become pretty cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    ...stuff...
    Sell credit packs.. Put VP's in a store in game and sell for credits.. Tokens too, token packs for credits.. Go the whole hog and sell all the social stuff in the same store... (Most of the creds go back to FC through the IG store then).. Plus players get the additional benefits of buying player to player loot for their shiny new 199's.. And.. putting the cred sellers out of business too.. Win Win Win!

[disclaimer]Yes, I know it's a terrible idea really.. But imo it's no worse than opening up this shop, that's going to be little more than a grab for cash while band-aiding some of the in game problems..[/disclaimer]

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    Sell credit packs.. Put VP's in a store in game and sell for credits.. Tokens too, token packs for credits.. Go the whole hog and sell all the social stuff in the same store... (Most of the creds go back to FC through the IG store then).. Plus players get the additional benefits of buying player to player loot for their shiny new 199's.. And.. putting the cred sellers out of business too.. Win Win Win!

[disclaimer]Yes, I know it's a terrible idea really.. But imo it's no worse than opening up this shop, that's going to be little more than a grab for cash while band-aiding some of the in game problems..[/disclaimer]
    That would still create hyperinflation and would still be worse than the proposed shop (which I also feel is terrible in every way. Except tokens. I don't care too much if they sell tokens.)

This would still be creating a much larger money supply because not all of the credits that people buy would go towards VP, tokens, and social armor. I'd wager that the majority of any creds bought would go towards the more useful and expensive things such as AI armor, igocs, etc... So while this would increase the drain of credits out of the economy, it would increase the money supply much more.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast