Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    It is also important to mention that NO..the engine guys have not been developing this browser...it has been licensed from a third party company and in no way has affected development time in this area. Staff associated with the balancing effort have also spent zero hours on this initative.
    Classic.

[sarcasm]But why are you developing a children's game and taking time away from our precious engine!!?!?!?!![/sarcasm]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Classic.

[sarcasm]But why are you developing a children's game and taking time away from our precious engine!!?!?!?!![/sarcasm]
    Sooooo Why are they developing some average fantasy MMORPG and some real-life wannabe copy world with some random occult stuff? They should remake AO liek right now! I'm mean what could be more important to them than their first MMO? Anything, it's not like it isn't popular or anything...

/Sarcasm off...

So engine guys are different from ones who implement stuff in gui and such?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Does this explain the "give a gift to someone" options we've been seeing under paid services lately?

Seriously though I apologise we weren't able to show you the shop today. We are working on getting it fully working with Testlive and we'll hopefully be able to show it off next week.
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

please don't get me wrong...
    but that's a slap right in the face of the european playerbase.
    they/we are talking for years about the exorbitant price discrimination
    based on US $ - EURO € and you are seriously talking about to pay for stuff
    in the game?
    to the downcalculating peeps: calc what you want to - it is more expensive! however you try to turn it
    it isn't that i don't understand the concept... every thing need's it's financial backround.
    but not in this way.
    if you had said "we finally made you a way to get items from the playershop by clicking what you want instead of booking a day trip to the specific shop"....
    but this...
    maybe this information is just coming in the wrong time for me,
    but at this point I realy will think twice if I am REALY be willing to continue my payment - and the bets are running to the opposite of "thumbs up".
    Last edited by Mephoriouz; Nov 6th, 2010 at 00:07:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptiva View Post
    The patch never existed.... There is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Mephoriouz View Post
    please don't get me wrong...
    but that's a slap right in the face of the european playerbase.
    they/we are talking for years about the exorbitant price discrimination
    based on US $ - EURO € and you are seriously talking about to pay for stuff
    in the game?
    to the downcalculating peeps: calc what you want to - it is more expensive! however you try to turn it
    it isn't that i don't understand the concept... every thing need's it's financial backround.
    but not in this way.
    if you had said "we finally made you a way to get items from the playershop by clicking what you want instead of booking a day trip to the specific shop"....
    but this...
    maybe this information is just coming in the wrong time for me,
    but at this point I realy will think twice if I am REALY be willing to continue my payment - and the bets are running to the opposite of "thumbs up".

Current EUR-USD rate 1,4044... or 0.712... So I would pay 40% more / someone would get them at 30% less? Balanced?

Go for EUR for everyone ;D USD is going down anyway...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

XP Stims - too powerful to be traded among players, just powerful enough to milk subscribers via PP.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

How about puting in that store social items from previous Hallowen events?
    Stuff like this and other
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=277454

I think it's great, In my opinion, however, nodrop items which require a raid to acquire should not be included.
    However, on the subject of trade-able items that can be obtained solo, I don't see why it's an issue at all.

For example:

If there was a BoC for sale it would eliminate the necessity for assembling teams; making it harder for the people who don't have money to buy items in the 'item store' to acquire.

Trade-able items that can be obtained solo or GMS, in the 'item store' probably wouldn't effect teaming.
    It may effect the economy by bringing new items into the game, but i don't really see how bringing the price of AI armor down and availability up is such a bad thing for a game struggling to find new players. This would also facilitate teaming providing less gimpy players possibly drawing in those players who had already quit disappointed by drop rates, etc.

On the subject of player opinion. I think it would be at this point as important to get the opinion of those who are not playing as well as those who are playing + froobs. so email polling to all players + canceled accounts would be be the way to go.

I emphasize getting the opinions of ex-players, as this may resolve some issues they had which caused them to discontinue subscription.

My opinion was formed on the mindset of attracting new players. Appeasing current players is all fine and good but there should always be a compromise divided between what people who are playing want and what people who are canceling want.

Any posts about BoC or RBP's need to stop lol, Means already stated that items like those wouldnt be added to the shop.

I can think of a few things off the top of my head that would be in the shop, mainly consumables.

Special health/nano kits, special free movements, xp stims (already said they would be added in), among other things.

While I agree such items would be great, we need to stay away from cash bought consumables that add to AR, aad, crit chance, etc.

The item shop wont be the end of AO. I am MUCH looking forward to the browser if it means what I think it means. Auno/AOU in game while you play? Yes please!
    Last edited by Kamathefixer; Nov 6th, 2010 at 03:18:11.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We will absolutely be putting in XP Stims. This is the perfect example of items that have been asked for by the playerbase. You can choose to spend your time or your money in how fast you choose to level. These items have dropped in the past and have not broken "game balance". Someone who used the previously dropping stims is not in any way more powerfull than someone who didn't.

Rare loot will absolutely not be available in the store.

I don't even have the will to reply.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by kinarad View Post
    How about puting in that store social items from previous Hallowen events?
    Stuff like this and other
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=277454
    No. I sincerely hope that previous holiday social is specifically kept out, as are any future holiday only nodrop social.

Yay...at least auno/wiki etc. browsable ingame! That would be really nice.
    I would love to get some social armor from that mentioned item shop,
    for example i'm missing a variety of skirts.

But at least this has to be implemented very carefully.
    Im a paying customer...with 6month subscription.
    And now you want me to buy smth from itemshop? Additional cash? r u serious?
    nooo waay...never ever...if that happens AO will loose
    its customers...100%...in that case you'll have to lower the cost for paidaccounts by
    a great amount.

On the other hand if already paying customers will have the ability to
    get that items 4free in itemshop (should be nodrop items ofcourse)
    and froobs, sloobs have to pay...the item shop would turn in a nifty tool
    to force them turning their accounts into paidaccounts. And even if they
    wont subscribe for a paidaccount theres a possibility that they'll spend
    some cash for the game.

I hope you wont *milk the cow* to ripoff your already paying customers,
    at least i don't think this was ever in your minds.

But, Means i need a clear statement here:
    Whats with the already paying customers, are you planning to ask them for even more cash
    to spend for AO? Is a significant lower monthly fee planned for paidaccounts?

Nobodies FORCING you to buy stuff from the shop.

It's there if you want to use it, but it's not mandatory.
    Atlantean
    ------------------

Two things come to mind:
    1. Give subscribers a small amount each month to spend in the Item shop, bonus for subscribing
    2. Ammo available in the item shop.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

FunCom innovated almost 10 years ago; I think they're up to the task once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    Nobodies FORCING you to buy stuff from the shop.

It's there if you want to use it, but it's not mandatory.
    i see...you didn't get it (no offence), the question was:
    will FC ASK (not force) its already paying customers for even more cash?
    Or will there be a balance? (lower monthly fee).

btw. i can imagine an ingame store where you could buy real stuff, like AO-t-shirts, fluffy leets, Crat-coffie (-machines) etc.
    (merchandising can be a great advantage)
    Last edited by kotoki; Nov 6th, 2010 at 05:26:07.

Quote Originally Posted by kotoki View Post
    i see...you didn't get it (no offence), the question was:
    will FC ASK (not force) its already paying customers for even more cash?
    Or will there be a balance? (lower monthly fee).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Two things come to mind:
    1. Give subscribers a small amount each month to spend in the Item shop, bonus for subscribing
    2. Ammo available in the item shop.

@ Kotoki - Ahhh I see what your saying now. Im guessing it's going to be that you subscribe and then pay more on top of what your paying monthly. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to give either a) a discount to people who subscribe for longer periods of time, or b) give cheaper items to those who are paying for longer periods of time.

Example = 5 free xp stims for a 6 month subscription (just an example)

@ Ebon - Unlimited ammo? yes please! and to touch on your 1st suggestion, read above
    Atlantean
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    .... Im guessing it's going to be that you subscribe and then pay more on top of what your paying monthly. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to give either a) a discount to people who subscribe for longer periods of time, or b) give cheaper items to those who are paying for longer periods of time.

Example = 5 free xp stims for a 6 month subscription (just an example)
    Exactly! we're synchronized now

Quote Originally Posted by kotoki View Post
    Exactly! we're synchronized now
    hehe ^^
    Atlantean
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    FunCom innovated almost 10 years ago; I think they're up to the task once again.

Sarcasm or are you just uninformed?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast