Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

Quote Originally Posted by candle645_ View Post
    Good point. Faster leveling in form of XP bonus is very first thing F2P MMOs offer in their so-called "shops". Too bad FC going to offer it to paid players
    Us paid players already have faster leveling than free players through things like, you know, HECKLORS and INF MISHES.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

I dislike the direction this game is taking, although i dont play it anymore, it was the best game i ever played.
    Fumbling Ydernola Fingers - Lvl 220 / 25 / 68 NT Equip
    Dragon Thleed Slayer - Lvl 220 / 28 / 70 Doctor - Equip
    Agro Magy Magnet 220 / 30 / 70 Soldier Equip (Ungimping in progress)
    The Xopxop Machine - Luvchild - Lvl 174 / 19 Advie Equip
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

And 8 more unfinished projects...

President of Asgard & Midgard

well from what i first read.. seems like its supposed to be an upgrade "paid points" situation?
    if thats the case.. why not just mention itll be browser for paid points.. cus thats pretty much social stuff
    that we pay for already
    like costumes, mechs, hoverboards, crafts..etc..
    and just throw in old "holiday" costumes we cant get anymore
    then i dont see a problem..
    anything else, seems more of a paid ingame example
    and if thats the case, sounds like anarchy online
    is gona go more towards like atlantica online?

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Will this ingame store continue FC's "1 euro = 1 usd" miniscam?
    WTB response to this, its retarded.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrajayne View Post
    No. I sincerely hope that previous holiday social is specifically kept out, as are any future holiday only nodrop social.
    Can you explain why not? You just said No.
    Some1 already said No to exp stims, power items and now No to social items?
    Then what should be in that Store then?

Quote Originally Posted by kinarad View Post
    Then what should be in that Store then?
    Statue of me, which placed somewhere starts singing "99 beers on the wall" in vicinity. Actually, 3 different types of statues: plaster, concrete and marble one. Marble one won't be removable even by GMs.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I like the concept, but am very concerned of it being a "slippery slope"...
    Basically my concerns are the same as have already been voiced in the thread so far...

Last, but most certainly not least:
    I'd like to hear an answer to that question as well...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Dark days are coming... and no, I'm not referring to TSW.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

The item shop sounds like a good idea, xp stims is a great example of items it could carry.

But the im scared of what might end up in the shop, after paying the game for 8 years, I sure hope and beg that you do not put any advantage items in there.
    Anything that will seem "mandatory" to be competitive will put off alot of us from the game.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vaniga 220 Doc - Revolver 220 Sol - Gadaffy 220 Agt - Dukenukem 220 Nt
    Exclusive 220 Keep - Niradriel 220 Shd - Kranglefant 220 Enf - Epicac 220 Crt
    Twintekker 220 Eng - Pjusk 216 Trd - Whitestarr 220 Ma - Eastwood 210 Adv
    Onyxia 150 Shotgun Ma - Envictus 200 Enf - Smug 150 Keeper -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    The shop will use the service points available on your billing site. All AO accounts have been receiving these points for the past 3 years. Most of you probably have more points than you realise that are unused.

Currently you get:
    1 month - 50 points
    3 months - 250 points
    6 months - 500 points
    12 months - 1200 points

To check your point total, log in at https://register.funcom.com/account/paidservice/ctrl
    Any chance we could get some kind of long term history detailing when we get and spend these points?

Total is one thing, but it's not easy to track income or expenditure as things stand.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

And here I thought we had intelligent people playing AO, my mistake.

It seems to me that many of you either fail to read or fail to wrap your head around this fact...

You dont have to buy anything from this item shop. Nowhere did it state that it's a mandatory feature that you have to take part in. Nowhere does it state that the items being sold in this item shop will be of monumental value.

You will not see a BOC in there.
    You will not see a RPB in there.
    You will not see an ACDC in there.

Everybody calm the hell down, the sky is not falling.

The only thing this item shop will do is keep AO going for more years with the extra cash flow (once again, not mandatory) from players that wish to purchase items from the shop.

If you don't use the shop, how is it hurting you and/or your playing experience?
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

The issue most people get worked up about is that while it may not offer BoC's, RBP's and ACDC's initially, once its up and going there is nothing stopping them from eventually putting stuff like that in.

Put on top of that, any item that is exclusively purchase only will tend to bring about some item envy, if you start an new MMO, see a bunch of high levels in awesome gear you think "awesome I'm going to aim for that as I play!" if it turns out you get it by being able to afford to pay extra well then your joy goes down hill.

And there's always the "Wow I just worked hard to get such and such an item and gain this power, but they payed some cash and got it without any sort of work" which cheapens the feeling of achievement.

And yes, I know they probably don't plan on introducing anything that will have such scenarios right now BUT they probably will do, I have yet to see an mmorpg introduce this sort of system where they haven't promised the same and then gone back on it completely. They are, after all, companies out to make money, if they feel making people pay money for the usable gear will be profitable they will.

It might not happen soon, it might not happen at all while means and crew is in charge, but jobs change and different people will take a different stance, and once the infra-structure is there its just so easy to go down a bad route.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post

And there's always the "Wow I just worked hard to get such and such an item and gain this power, but they payed some cash and got it without any sort of work" which cheapens the feeling of achievement.
    I agree completely with that statement.

However.

Cred sellers are still hugely active in AO. Everyday day I bump into more and more high level toons sporting players that have no clue of the basics of gameplay - although the story of the 220 enf who doesn't mongo because then "everything attacks me" is cliche by now, I bump into more and more of that all the time. Part of this is account selling, but level 60s paying 100+ mil for Gamboling Masters Wear (yes, I have actually seen this) is unquestionably a symptom of cred selling. This destroys game balance nearly as much as selling loot for paid points.

Adding an items shop, even only for specific items such as xp stims, will knock out another corner of the market for cred/item/powerlevelling for RL money. This is good, as it allows Funcom more control over these factors while depriving illegitimate sellers of marketshare.

+1 for the items shop in my book, EVEN IF there are some desirable items in there.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

We don't even know what will be sold there yet, only a few times that won't be. So I can't see why some are raising such a fuss about all this.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    Or will everything be charged for the service points you have on the account page, meaning the almost 5000 Paid Points i have transfered ingame to buy an apartement on 2 of my characters (they were charged seperatly of course, but this leaves my other characters having high amount of points unused atm) become even more useless?
    That sounds very likely...

I'd also like to get some kind of official response as to why the european community are paying more than the U.S counterpart.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
    --Albert Einstein

Hmm... camping?!?

Phikks - Fixer
    Grandalph - MP
    Qhite - MA

As already told in this Thread:
    The torches are lit now for a reason.
    Treat carefully.
    No Items which give other people an advantage like VP or Damage Boost and such...
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

I would like to know as well.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

It uses paidpoint system... I think we know the answer to that.

well pp are better than acc price, because in pp the VAC is included, not excluded to the 10 bucks for every country, so it is 10$ or 10€ but we won´t get charged additional VAT because it is included.

Ok i know 10€ is still more than 10$ but at least this is a small step in the right direction to not charge us 10€ and 1.90€VAT but only 10€ included VAT...

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast