Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

Quote Originally Posted by kinarad View Post
    Can you explain why not?
    I might be somebody else, but I'll explain why social holiday stuff should be kept out: Barely half of the value of this kind of items is how they look: a very important part is the status symbol of it stating "I was there and I killed those pumpkins" or even better: "I was there 3 years ago".
    A consensus solution would be adding replica's, which is quite a smart move they did this halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    If you don't use the shop, how is it hurting you and/or your playing experience?
    One important thing you seem to need to learn about mmorpg's is: it's not about what you accomplish/how good you are; it's about what you accomplish/ how good you are compared to others.
    And the reason why people are reacting heavily is that there is no way to tell what will be in and more importantly what will be in in some kind of future.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    And there's always the "Wow I just worked hard to get such and such an item and gain this power, but they payed some cash and got it without any sort of work" which cheapens the feeling of achievement.
    ^^
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

These shops always turn out bad because they end up drawing the devs attention because they can see the illusion of more money coming from it. Meanwhile the people paying monthly decide to up and leave.

Microtransations=Microscams.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

because current scripting language and info windows are somekind of abomination of HTML, will
    new browser enhance those and will it also change chat-windows rendering speed and add better support for fonts?
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    DDO, acctualy at is base works very well for this type of payment, AO not so...

Still, if you are going to do this, please get someone to consider disparity between euro-payers and rest... At current 1-1 rate it just isn't fair, I accept that we might have to pay the VAT, but no more...
    And have you see the price for 1 month atm ?

1 Month
    EUR 17.19 ‡
    (Including VAT)
    EUR

17.19 EUR, it's just a joke, halloween joke ?

(in other hand, i like your answer about the shop Means, thks)

Quote Originally Posted by celedia View Post
    And have you see the price for 1 month atm ?

1 Month
    EUR 17.19 ‡
    (Including VAT)
    EUR

17.19 EUR, it's just a joke, halloween joke ?

(in other hand, i like your answer about the shop Means, thks)
    But it still is 15$... VAT is something that goes to some greedy goverment, I don't remember which... I would like to have VAT included, but still paying 30/40% more than US should get fixed, it's not like USA is going to get their economy fixed any time soon...

For now, we can leave that 15$/15€+VAT out of converstation and get back on it if we get other issue fixed, or we can try both at same time.

Best way is to always cancell your account and complain about cost, I got very resonable offer after that, but it proved me someone acctualy reads those reasons and we might eventualy get some things changed...
    Last edited by Ekarona; Nov 7th, 2010 at 13:48:15.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Like i said before, the store will use PP and the PP prices are better than the other ones cause VAT is included in them, which compensates at least a little bit for the difference.

So where does Veteran points come into play?
    The one inventing them apparently did not think about the exponential development (s)he had put into play. The true veterans(10 year+) get more VP each half year than someone "just" having been subscribed for 3 years will have in total..(20 vs 21).

3 years = 21 Veteran Points
    10 years = 210 Veteran points

The account merge has just made it more common to have a lot of Veteran Points.
    Maybe a (forced?)conversion of the veteran points to Paid Points?

I like the idea of being able to show veterancy "I know how to do this", but I would like another mechanic to do this (item that shows it as floating text over the head, when triggered? or even cooler a symbol like the tokenboards over the shoulder).

The current exponential Veteran Point system is running crazy, with newcommers(3 years is newcommers?) having nothing (Recall Beacon + SL map + Heal kit = 10 + 7 + 23[3 + 4*5] ->4 years

So once you have played 4 years, you actually have 6 points left over for social/funny thing.
    and you get 9+ new points each half year, that you do not know what to spend on..

I have all the veteran things, so this is not jealousy, but me saying that I have turned down other games on the "you need to have played for 2 years, to get item X", that no matter what effort you put in, it is just (subscription-)time passing.

Veteran items should not give a game advantage, and Recall beacons, and especially the SL map and health kit does.
    .. and you need to wait 4 years to get that..

I would like a Veteran point to Paid Point conversion, strip the Veteran points, move the veteran items to the Paid Point shop, and make something new for veterans.

I have seen nano-effects in other games, that only experienced players could get.
    If you want a time/brag factor, it should not effect the game.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

PS. Paid Points for Neutral Application forms?
    I would not like that.
    Go to Startrek Online to see how microtransactions can ruin a game.
    all the exclusive things are no longer exclusive, but buyable for real money.
    Just as Orbital apartments are no sign of ingame riches (as I think it should be).
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Wait... the veteran heal kit is an advantage?

I bought that stuff...on my doc!

I was kind of wondering about that too... I've never seen any need for it. It only works on RK and only out of fight and has long lockout. By the time my toons meet the requirements they don't really have need for it anymore because perks, heal nanos, heal delta and shop bought kits fill the health faster. Maybe it is just me but I always felt that was rather useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    Oh no. Oh nonononono.

Seriously. Any form of 'In-Game' shop is just BAD. AO WILL die from it.

As has been stated already, the European playerbase will just up and leave, we have been paying an extortionate amount of money for our subscription for a very long time and we put up with it because of our love of the game, but this... may break the camels back.

This is a classic 'Please Sir, can I have some more' scenario.

Really Means, I would suggest you pull some numbers from somewhere and make a portfolio and go throw it at the FC higher ups. Get them to fund a few more members into your team so that you can roll out the changes sooner and get the advertising started as that would be a much more worthwhile endeavour than creating something that is universally hated in every MMO.
    Who is it that is forcing you to buy items? You can already buy ingame items through the website, they're just making it available ingame and adding more to it. What's the problem, seriously? Can you make an actual argument instead of some nonsense that because I'm not in an american currency location I should suddenly stop playing the game because there's new things available for purchase? What if I don't want these items? What if I could care less for an extra XP amount for 5€? What if I could care less about social outfits? Why should I stop playing because of these items becoming available?

Really, he's doing exactly what you ask him to. Making more money with AO. Who knows what this impacts, but then if you look at the games WITH these kinds of services, even the ones with the most horribly restricting services where you realistically end up paying far more than your average MMO subscription if you want to play it as freely as you can those, then they're flourishing, because people will buy damn well near anything as long as it's presented the right way. 1€? Why that's nothing. But oh, you just ended up paying 1€ 20 times that month, because hey it was only 1€...

Also, please go ahead and dump all the veteran items in this shop and let it be a veteran thing to get them for free without the use of any paidpoints.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    I was kind of wondering about that too... I've never seen any need for it. It only works on RK and only out of fight and has long lockout. By the time my toons meet the requirements they don't really have need for it anymore because perks, heal nanos, heal delta and shop bought kits fill the health faster. Maybe it is just me but I always felt that was rather useless.
    actually it works in Shadowlands aswell but as its an out of combat heal with a huge timer on it (4 mins for top one, 20 mins for base) i just can't see where it becomes an advantage... at best it cuts down what, 30-45 seconds off regular healing?

Not using the heal kit (I like having one that works both on RK and SL, but I know a lot of people do not use it) you still have to wait 3 years to get the Beacon and map nano.

Which I would suggest to put in that new shop.
    People like to feel better and more important, so let them have something else that shows their age, either a symbol item or a nano effect.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Not using the heal kit (I like having one that works both on RK and SL, but I know a lot of people do not use it) you still have to wait 3 years to get the Beacon and map nano.

Which I would suggest to put in that new shop.
    People like to feel better and more important, so let them have something else that shows their age, either a symbol item or a nano effect.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Personally I say stuff all the veteran items in that shop. If you're a veteran you can buy them for free at the veteran shop, or you can buy them with paid points, either ones you paid for or got for free through having an open subscription. Everyone's happy that way, veterans get stuff for free, non-veterans get to buy them. Some of those things have rather unreasonable time periods of subscription to get.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by kinarad View Post
    Can you explain why not? You just said No.
    Some1 already said No to exp stims, power items and now No to social items?
    Then what should be in that Store then?
    I don't think that previous holiday one time only social items should ever be available a second time. One time only is just that.

@Mastablasta
    Of course no one is getting forced. I doubt that their aim is to really establish pay-to-win where spending money in the games shop is somehow linked with raid success.
    Selling convenience, however, is quite a slippery slope as I saw it life with DDO and LOTRO who both used the exact same phrase.
    What actually did end up in the shop are removals of death penalty, extra cures and extra healing. Extra in a sense that does not include "Oh, I forgot to restock at the shop and now my resources are expended" but extra in a "in addition to regular game mechanics"-sense.
    Which I really see as something bad. They are in both games far from mandatory, of course. However when you fail at a certain task you always have that warm fuzzy feeling that if you'd spend some small amount of money you'd have been successful anyway.

I sure hope they will use their PP system where you get points for an active subscription and - far more important - you can spend those on each character as it currently is. The contents of the Veteran and Phasefront Shops are good examples for things I wouldn't mind. But what about other convenience aspects? Are (Stat/Ability) buffs advantage or convenience?
    This is not that easily separated. Well, I do hope they'll try to keep the exclusiveness of items as low as possible. And on the same thought for the consistency of the game world I hope for a nice implementation of that stuff, not just a bland website with a "Buy now, Premium First Aid stims, 25 for just 50 PP!". A sci-fi setting, especially AOs, could easily meld the shop into the world. Except for the fact that you pay with money, but an abonnement works the same way.
    Further thinking of that fact: Probably one of the most striking facts for my antipathy with Lotro/DDO stores: They are so supremely out-of-world that they are really annoying. No single streamed billboard add comes close in its efficiency of killing immersion.

PS: In the future I'll be able to order whatever right into my inventory. So I'd love to be able to buy a plumbo xxl beer can right next to it for credits, too!
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I'm certain there will be some items some might find objectionable...but I am sure we can all agree the free to play market has moved on without us quite some time ago and I feel we can no longer afford to not offer these services.
    This whole concept of "pay for perks and extra content" is lame. It was lame when it first came out. If you can't provide the complete package for the subscription fee (Which is ridiculously high for such an old, buggy and, no offense, trashed game) then just keep it to yourself.

The quality of content has declined severely to the point where you're just recycling everything. Another linear canyon filled with aliens? Wow, that's creative guys.

So instead of spending money in the attempt to part us with ours even further, how about you work on something that's actually new.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    @Mastablasta
    Of course no one is getting forced. I doubt that their aim is to really establish pay-to-win where spending money in the games shop is somehow linked with raid success.
    Selling convenience, however, is quite a slippery slope as I saw it life with DDO and LOTRO who both used the exact same phrase.
    What actually did end up in the shop are removals of death penalty, extra cures and extra healing. Extra in a sense that does not include "Oh, I forgot to restock at the shop and now my resources are expended" but extra in a "in addition to regular game mechanics"-sense.
    Which I really see as something bad. They are in both games far from mandatory, of course. However when you fail at a certain task you always have that warm fuzzy feeling that if you'd spend some small amount of money you'd have been successful anyway.

I sure hope they will use their PP system where you get points for an active subscription and - far more important - you can spend those on each character as it currently is. The contents of the Veteran and Phasefront Shops are good examples for things I wouldn't mind. But what about other convenience aspects? Are (Stat/Ability) buffs advantage or convenience?
    This is not that easily separated. Well, I do hope they'll try to keep the exclusiveness of items as low as possible. And on the same thought for the consistency of the game world I hope for a nice implementation of that stuff, not just a bland website with a "Buy now, Premium First Aid stims, 25 for just 50 PP!". A sci-fi setting, especially AOs, could easily meld the shop into the world. Except for the fact that you pay with money, but an abonnement works the same way.
    Further thinking of that fact: Probably one of the most striking facts for my antipathy with Lotro/DDO stores: They are so supremely out-of-world that they are really annoying. No single streamed billboard add comes close in its efficiency of killing immersion.

PS: In the future I'll be able to order whatever right into my inventory. So I'd love to be able to buy a plumbo xxl beer can right next to it for credits, too!
    Well they've said repeatedly that they won't be adding anything you can pay for that will affect your character in a balance-wise way. So far, they haven't done that. I don't see why they would be doing it in the first place. The most "unbalanced" items available are presently the veteran items, but noone's complaining about them

Quote Originally Posted by Kamarar View Post
    This whole concept of "pay for perks and extra content" is lame. It was lame when it first came out. If you can't provide the complete package for the subscription fee (Which is ridiculously high for such an old, buggy and, no offense, trashed game) then just keep it to yourself.

The quality of content has declined severely to the point where you're just recycling everything. Another linear canyon filled with aliens? Wow, that's creative guys.

So instead of spending money in the attempt to part us with ours even further, how about you work on something that's actually new.
    Well if it's so trashed and old and buggy, then why bother playing it? At least you shouldn't post in this thread since your post is just a rant showing you don't understand the need and reasoning behind this new businessmodel.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Nov 7th, 2010 at 20:05:25.
    The Red Brotherhood

actually it works in Shadowlands aswell but as its an out of combat heal with a huge timer on it (4 mins for top one, 20 mins for base) i just can't see where it becomes an advantage... at best it cuts down what, 30-45 seconds off regular healing?
    Well, only shows how long ago I used it last time as I didn't even remember that it works in SL...

Anyway, the 4 min (or 20min) lock is too long for it to be useful. Actually more often it is my nanopool that needs more filling than hp bar. Now make it leveling item that fills both nano and hp with same lockouts as normal kits and then maybe some of my toons would find use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Who is it that is forcing you to buy items? You can already buy ingame items through the website, they're just making it available ingame and adding more to it. What's the problem, seriously? Can you make an actual argument instead of some nonsense that because I'm not in an american currency location I should suddenly stop playing the game because there's new things available for purchase? What if I don't want these items? What if I could care less for an extra XP amount for 5€? What if I could care less about social outfits? Why should I stop playing because of these items becoming available?
    Thank you, someone else understands.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast