Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Key Bindings

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    PVP is certainly situational and profession dependent at times. But it does add an advantage, how much remains to be seen.

To me, the point is mostly that it isnt something they needed to add. Custom bindings is long overdue, multi-bindings is potentially balance upsetting. So why add it?
    True, and I also don't see it as something needed to add.

The main advantage from firing multiple perks from one button is the lower requirements to both the multitasking abilities and the mechanical abilities on managing hotbar changing and pressing the corresponding buttons while paying attention to your surroundings and what enemies are doing.

Something experienced players have learned. So yeah, it may make pvp easier and the may even be one or a few occasions where it can improve on alpha reliability. I don't really see the need to make pvp easier and won't shed a tear if the queueing of perks isn't implemented. "New pvpers" may screw up less - but I don't think it'll change the gamebalance on expierenced pvpers that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    they will que up instantly tho, and thats the bigger problem, especially for evade profs with active evade perks ( especially if no dmg mitigation is possible on a prof ) that takes time to activate
    I'm not quite sure I follow you on that. What difference does it make on acrobat, evasive stance or dodge the blame? They too also have execution times. Not quite sure what you mean by no dmg mitigation is possible.
    edit:
    I read what you wrote wrong. Yes I suppose that can be a valid concern that someone could fire off all 5 perks instead of.. say.. 1-3 perks because he queued them up faster. Didn't think of that.
    Last edited by XenonDe; Nov 17th, 2010 at 14:22:56.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    True, and I also don't see it as something needed to add.

The main advantage from firing multiple perks from one button is the lower requirements to both the multitasking abilities and the mechanical abilities on managing hotbar changing and pressing the corresponding buttons while paying attention to your surroundings and what enemies are doing.

Something experienced players have learned. So yeah, it may make pvp easier and the may even be one or a few occasions where it can improve on alpha reliability. I don't really see the need to make pvp easier and won't shed a tear if the queueing of perks isn't implemented. "New pvpers" may screw up less - but I don't think it'll change the gamebalance on expierenced pvpers that much.

I'm not quite sure I follow you on that. What difference does it make on acrobat, evasive stance or dodge the blame? They too also have execution times. Not quite sure what you mean by no dmg mitigation is possible.
    edit:
    I read what you wrote wrong. Yes I suppose that can be a valid concern that someone could fire off all 5 perks instead of.. say.. 1-3 perks because he queued them up faster. Didn't think of that.

ok, ill try to explain what i meant:

acro perks ( dof/limber ) have a 2 sec activation time

perks que up ( and have the DEF check ) as soon as you hit the button

if some1 que's up a group of perks using binds all def checks will be done right away, even if his enemy hits DOF right away, the very second he saw him, it will take 2 secs for DoF to activate, once it will finally be up, all those perks will be long past def check

in other words, right now you got a chance to at least evade a part of those perks after your evade perk activates, after the change, assuming they will be que'd up with a key bind and it was before the other guy managed to activate his dof/limber/etc, evade perks wont affect them at all in this situation

theres a huge disballance in this case becouse:

1. def checks are done as soon as you push a button

2. evade perks takes time to activate ( 2 sec in case of acro )
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Yeah I got it. Misread you the first time around. Tried to add that to the previous post.
    I didn't think of that and admittedly that is a concern. Evading 1 to 3 of say 5 or 6 perks can make a huge difference.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

But what part of that couldn't you do before by spamming 10 buttons instead of 1? I don't really see the difference between the two. PVP will still require timing and careful execution. No amount of binding everything to one button will help you become better at pvp.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

yeah, and theres quite a few proffesions out there that can be affected by it really badly
    pretty much any1 depending on evades that doesnt have heals on demand and/or coon, and from evade profs with heals, id still take MA's out of the list of proffesions unafected by this change

so once more, FC, for the love of god, pls either rethink the whole idea, or at least first work on issues like that before rushing this to live

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    But what part of that couldn't you do before by spamming 10 buttons instead of 1? I don't really see the difference between the two. PVP will still require timing and careful execution. No amount of binding everything to one button will help you become better at pvp.
    you couldnt do it instantly, maybe 10 perks in 1 sec, assuming a head roll on the keyboard that is, wich isnt always a viable tactic in pvp you know, besides sometimes you get less time since your opponent already started to execute his evade perk

you know, there's a big diff between 2sec and 0.1sec, at least for some1 who knows what theyre doing in pvp

and pls stop repeating the nonsense about binding every single thing to a single button, becouse no1 in their right mind would do that
    on other hand ( using a sol as example ), having all 4 PU perks on one button, all other sol dd perks on another, add dmg perks on third and you end up with all non heal perks dumbed down to 3 buttons
    [edit] ofc forgot about evade debuff perks here, wich it wont be a good idea to bind all 3 to one button at all obviously, since then all 3 def checks would be taken before the first would land, defeating the purpose of having one with lower def check then the others, at least vs evade profs

if you cant see how changes like this will affect pvp i dont know how to better explain it to ya

and before the overused argument: but it was possible already with a 3rd party prog or a fancy keyboard!!!111

going from a small portion of the playerbase using those to it being possible for 100% of the player base is a very bad idea to lvl the field,,

and no, i dont use neither of those, and am not trying to defend my unfair advantage
    Last edited by Insane666; Nov 17th, 2010 at 15:20:13.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Shade can go arcade-style now hm ^_^

Ideally evades would check again for each individual perk, don't know whats fair.
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 17th, 2010 at 19:45:10.

No amount of binding everything to one button will help you become better at pvp.
    lol if only you knew.

I'm not sure if macroing in AO allows you to command hotkey bars, but a very simple one in Aion allows me to kill most mobs with one button. It reads like this (translated):

/mash 1
    /delay casttime of 1
    /mash 2 (uber dd that is reliant on 1)
    /delay casttime of 2
    /mash 3
    /delay casttime of 3
    /mash 4 (uber dd that is reliant on 3)
    /delay casttime of 4
    /mash heal
    /delay casttime of heal
    /mash mana pot

Now this already is pretty much a botting script. But worse, unlike Aion, in AO you can press several things simultaneously, queuing perks, weapon speicals, items (e.g. gumboils) and even nanos. Especially for perks and hotbar items, they check at the time they're pressed, not when they're fired. So you can put together a much better alpha using the same principles

For example:
    /mongo rage
    /delay
    /mash 1 = burst fling fullauto, debuff perk 1, perk 3, lava caps
    /delay (or you can just manually do this yourself as you watch your timers)
    /mash 2 = perk 2 (needs perk 1 running), perk 4 (needs perk 3 running)

etc.

There's a reason people pay ott $$$ for logitech G15s.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I will go with the title of this thread and perhaps be a bit off-topic in asking about the mechanics rather than the merits.

How does one create several bound actions? Presumably I assign my hotbar x_y item to some letter, but what do I do next? I have two rather slow bot perks and would prefer to hit just one button every few minutes instead of timing two.

Macro in ao is limited to all you can do in chat commands, plus a delay command.

Can be good use, I could macro ams and the /ams team warning script.

I noticed that you can also add new buttons to a command, good change imo. But you can't bind to mouse buttons ? I have 2 buttons that can use them (and I'd like ot macro move forward to left+right click, pressing the wheel is so 2004).

To create several bounds, you add a hotbar (let's say it's 4) and put your action in order, because they have an order. Then you bind 4_1, 4_2, 4_3, etc... to one same key.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Well, I (and other agents) can kite (wasd<space>), spam /assist (0), switch hotbars to spam aoe snares, roots, ubt, and bullseye (789), cycle nano targets (tab), spam fling/AS (ol), and control whether I'm attacking (q). But while doing that, I can queue 3-4 dd perks on a target, swapping between hotbars, before they react. With this new system I can do that and queue 10 perks in the correct order at the touch of a button.

That's why it's different.

Enfo should love this too; no more Agents stunning them midalpha and stopping perks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456