Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Key Bindings

Bad idea.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

All this "Good idea / Bad idea" business is bringing back flashbacks of the animaniacs >.>
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    Ok, if you can queue multiple perks to one keybinding, i'm gonna lol at anyone doing that in pvp.
    Clearly there is never a situation in which people have a very short time span to que as much perks as they can to actually perk someone.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Bad idea.
    How can it be a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    How can it be a bad idea?
    You can go and read Humle's posts, we're on the same level.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

There's nothing the new Binding do, that you can't do today already. So, QQing that perks can be queued is moot, as they can be queued now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    There's nothing the new Binding do, that you can't do today already. So, QQing that perks can be queued is moot, as they can be queued now.

Right..

Okay, I guess this helps you play if you're not familiar with computers, and have bricks for fingers.

Well on test, on my agent, I was able to queue up 7 perks, cast 2* nanos, and aimed shot on a single button. Everything fires off in order, and anything that can go instantly, does.

You can also bind stuff to a key that requires a perk before it can be used (as an example) and just keep re-mashing the same button, over and over, until the condition is met. So you would only ever need one button. I don't know about anyone else but this reminds me of arcade style button mashing.

A couple notes:

- If you tried to bind multiple nanos to a single key it would only cast one.

- If you tried to bind multiple specials (AS/burst/Fling/etc) to a single key it would only execute one.

- Perks queue up perfectly, in order.

- You can mix and match perks, specials, and nanos.

I'm a bit shocked that people think this wont change the game because "it was all possible before" -- clearly it wasn't. No one rolled their face over a keyboard in 0.001 seconds before. I would think anyone who claims this was all doable before either may not have the right profession, or hasn't tried it on test.

Is it game stopping? Of course not. But it does make things easier for any profession with lots of un-linked perks.

The real question: was it necessary?

I think custom bindings are great, and long overdue. But there isn't a NEED for the multiple bindings. It has potential to tip balance in some areas and just doesn't help all professions equally.

----------
    *Note: one of the nanos was Absolute Concentration, which is an odd nano. I would think this is one of the only nanos in game that could be binded and cast with another nano on the hotbar because it's 0/0 for attack/recharge. (Though the description says 0/1, I suspect it's really 0/0).

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    - If you tried to bind multiple specials (AS/burst/Fling/etc) to a single key it would only execute one.
    I had fast attack/brawl/dimach on 1, but maybe its different for ranged weaponry?
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    I had fast attack/brawl/dimach on 1, but maybe its different for ranged weaponry?
    Dunno, fling gave me a "Wait for previous special attack to complete" when used after AS. Had AS in slot 2 on active hotbar, and fling in slot 10.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

I'm a bit shocked that people think this wont change the game because "it was all possible before" -- clearly it wasn't. No one rolled their face over a keyboard in 0.001 seconds before.
    I wasn't aware that 7 perks took .001 seconds to pull off
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    I wasn't aware that 7 perks took .001 seconds to pull off
    I can see an issue if you queue you 7 perks and they all do their check in pvp before someone pops, say DoF or CiB, in the middle. Post balance, though that's a minimum of 14 seconds of attack perks queuing and I find it dubious at best to think someone is gonna get facerolled by that without popping a heal or coon or w/e.

Key binding isn't gonna make execution any faster, just more efficient. It definitely simplifies the game, but we've all seen that the devs have been moving towards that anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I'm a bit shocked that people think this wont change the game because "it was all possible before" -- clearly it wasn't. No one rolled their face over a keyboard in 0.001 seconds before. I would think anyone who claims this was all doable before either may not have the right profession, or hasn't tried it on test.
    Could piano-roll yeah. This looks powerfull tho.

If the rebalance emphasizes active fighting it might not matter so much. We'll see.

This isn't any different than what anyone with a modern "gaming" keyboard can do/been doing.

I'm all for it.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

The way I understood it it's no macro but just bindings? without a delay between the actions I don't really see how it's a problem. Shades still won't be able to queue whole perk lines with the press of a button. Docs won't be able to queue up dots with the press of buttons.

Only thing that changes is it's "1.. 1." instead of "1.. 2345." now. Not like hitting 2345 at the same time/piano rolling the keys was much more difficult.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

There will be a small benefit for shades, as there are a a few perklines that can be executed simultaneously. So hitting [1] executes two dd perks of different perk lines, [2] executes the next perks in those said two perklines and so forth...

slight improvement, will help with the alpha. Now i just need to get rid of the "You have to be behind the target" crapzors :/
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Given I have a keyboard and mouse both capable of binding/scripting almost anything....and I don't use either....I guess I support this for people who might want it.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    There will be a small benefit for shades, as there are a a few perklines that can be executed simultaneously. So hitting [1] executes two dd perks of different perk lines, [2] executes the next perks in those said two perklines and so forth...

slight improvement, will help with the alpha. Now i just need to get rid of the "You have to be behind the target" crapzors :/
    huh? for pvm maybe but for pvp it's not exactly beneficial to execute two lines at the same time as you want to get that alpha damage off. Most pvp shades I beleive don't even have TR perked and mixing in SP perks into your alpha will only slow down your damage.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Well although it's lame, I think other people could have already done this with those fancy macro-keyboards, so I suppose it makes things fair?
    Confirming it literally takes 5 mins to do this on a g15. Welcome to my world.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast