Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 18.4 Pre-Update Notes

Funcom employee 18.4 Pre-Update Notes

Item Store
    • First version of the Anarchy Online Item Store and preparation for the in-game browser added to the GUI.

General Changes
    • New input system: All keys should now be bindable/customizable. Find the "Binds" tab at the top of the F10 menu. (Multiple actions can be bound to one key...this is intentional.)
    • Now able to lock individual items in the Character Wear windows.
    • Nano Icons and NCU icons are now color coded to make it easier to tell what they are at a quick glance.
    • Icons should now be displayed at the correct resolution in the Programs window and on Shortcut bars.
    • Can no longer enable or equip to Social Tab in combat.
    • Should no longer get stuck in Walk-Mode after dying while walking and returning to a SL save area.
    • XP gained with XP gain disabled should now be added to XP pool.
    • Terminating now adds your XP to pool.
    • Backpacks looted from remains should now be usable as Backpacks. (ie: Robust Backpack)
    • The "You already have this Unique item" message should now include the name of the unique item.
    • Signet of the Apocalypse Rings/HHAB ring should once again protect against Pandemonium dot if you are in rez sickness.
    • New slider to control the result level of a Tradeskill in the Tradeskill window.
    • Timers are now available for all temporary items (ie: Grid Armor). Tool tip and Shift+click will now display the time remaining.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Never got around to trying this out on test but I'm very excited to drop some phat bindings on mobs. Granted I only have, like, 4 combat perks but....

Now make the unique item message tell us where it is!

Bank > Large Backpack - Sniper

Inventory > Medium Backpack

etc.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

New slider to control the result level of a Tradeskill in the Tradeskill window.
    hyped
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Item Store

[*]Timers are now available for all temporary items (ie: Grid Armor). Tool tip and Shift+click will now display the time remaining.
    Pffff come on man.... Thats same thing like having no timer at all. It will make us hover over GA/spinner everynow and then, why is it so hard to make a hostile buff when you cast it? or something that is visible without having to actually check for it and pay atention to it :/

General Changes
    • New input system: All keys should now be bindable/customizable. Find the "Binds" tab at the top of the F10 menu.
    How about using a more descriptive name than "Binds". It says little to the non-nerd non-native English speaker. Even "Key Bindings" would be better, as it would actually tell something about what's under the tab. I assume this tab replaces the "Hot keys" tab, which, while not a perfect name, is ok. "Binds" does not have any appreciable association with the keyboard for those not "in the know".
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

General Changes
    • New input system: All keys should now be bindable/customizable. Find the "Binds" tab at the top of the F10 menu. (Multiple actions can be bound to one key...this is intentional.)
    Inb4 PvP playerbase ****storm.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Is this on test? Or live already? Also what ingame browser will ao use? webkit? chrome? Will flash be enabled?

Item Store
    • First version of the Anarchy Online Item Store and preparation for the in-game browser added to the GUI.

General Changes
    Yea, I'm not quite enjoying the prospect of being hit by instantaneous Burst/Fling/FA/AS all in one button press by Soldiers.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

yeah ... because pressing 4 keys is soooo much longer than pressing 1...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Good Log. Keep it up .
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

good technical changes around here.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Yea, I'm not quite enjoying the prospect of being hit by instantaneous Burst/Fling/FA/AS all in one button press by Soldiers.
    I can bind burst/fling/AS all to one custom mouse button already, I don't because it is much better to time and decide when to fire each special, and if I do want to fire all at once I just roll 1/2/3.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by indicas View Post
    Is this on test?
    Yes it is and have been for a while.

Oh btw any eta?
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

I can bind burst/fling/AS all to one custom mouse button already, I don't because it is much better to time and decide when to fire each special, and if I do want to fire all at once I just roll 1/2/3.
    this.
    R.I.P. AO

Quote Originally Posted by indicas View Post
    Is this on test? Or live already? Also what ingame browser will ao use? webkit? chrome? Will flash be enabled?
    awesomium, which uses chromium, which uses webkit.
    flash; currently not on TL at least.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Woohoo i love it all!
    Only one question due to lack of english skill:
    Can no longer enable or equip to Social Tab in combat.
    Does this mean that i cannot fight at all with social enabled? or that i cannot swap between social/armor tab?
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

I was wondering if its possible to create separate standalone window that will display timers on temp items (ie Grid Armor) and move it around the screen as user wants?

It could be alot more useful to keep timer on control in such window instead of rechecking information screen on specific item. If client or server uses to store such information and act depends on it - then it practically possible to create such window, that will only display timer information without taking any actions on it.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    Does this mean that i cannot fight at all with social enabled? or that i cannot swap between social/armor tab?
    It just means that while you're actually *in* combat, you won't be able to equip anything or enable the social tab in the menu options. Long as you're out of a fight, it'll otherwise be exactly the same. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast