Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online Item Store?

Anarchy Online Item Store?

Anarchy Online Item Store:

Just an question (i have tryed search ) but what is this, and what will be possible to buy in it?

Thanks

From Kehaan.
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Funcom employee

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=583369 -- This thread has some preliminary information (always a good idea to check Community Corner!), and more details will be forthcoming in today's edition of Friday with Means. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Thanks Kintaii for the fast answer!
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Item Store.

I understand if AO it wants to survive for many years to come needs new ways of bringing in revenues to make this game financially viable but has funcom even considered how these changes will affect how players spend their time when they're online. What would be left to do in this game?

For example a player levels his first character to 220 and after that he has no reason to ever level a character again with the new upcoming booster packs how will this leave other players who have no means of buying these packs with an already diminishing population. Althought I do agree these are viable if available from the Veteren store for a relatively High number of points so that a player has to have played for a number of years before being able to take this option.

VP and the Yes-Drop of OFAB how will this help the already empty Battle Stations where some of the population hope they can still find PVP. Without pvmers BS's would probly be empty already as Battle Stations are only used by the general population as the fastest way of getting VP's to get on with there farming.

Twink Pack will this include Behe/Mochs/Wrangle/Tradeskill buffs? if so are they usable in battle how can this not count as Overpowering a minority of the playerbase who are willing to pay for these items to get an advantage over others.

Discuss.
    Last edited by blackhawks93; Nov 12th, 2010 at 18:00:45.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

Discussion closed.
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

AO store

I like the idea behind it and most of the items, the only thing I have an issue with is the whole buying levels if you have a 220 already, this is a BAD idea. It will make players leave more quickly, and will ruin the fun of the game at mid level making it nearly impossible for any newer players to level at all.

There's now 50 threads about this.

Instead go voice your opinion in the already heated debate here.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Ura humle.

Btw, will life-size Humle dolls be available in the new shop? With the kung-fu grip?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

i dont think buying levels should really be implemented but i can see its use.

everything else seems alright i still would rather have a easier faster PvE way to get VP instead of buying them
    Dochollie 220 Opifex Doctor

If they really allow people to buy levels will mean the death of game. new players and people that dont have 220s or dont want to pay for levels, will have no people to level with because of this. 1-200 ranges will be deserted....

Quote Originally Posted by Techtoxic View Post
    If they really allow people to buy levels will mean the death of game. new players and people that dont have 220s or dont want to pay for levels, will have no people to level with because of this. 1-200 ranges will be deserted....
    They already are...
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Am I really the only one who thinks selling VP is the same as selling credits? Imagine not having to earn credits ingame because you bought VP and have all the armor/weapons/health/nano kits available at the VP booth. Seems a bit retarded to offer VP for sale. Hopefully, I'm just misreading the patch rip.

EDIT: Just read FwM...seems I am not the only one after all.
    Last edited by Lektronik; Nov 13th, 2010 at 01:11:23.

I don't think VP->creds is going to be anything people should bank on. Lots of people have amassed millions of vp on toons with nothing to do with at the current rate for nanos its 1kvp/1mil, no idea with cred prices are but I haven't seen any cred seller spam so no idea on their price but I doubt FC will make vp so cheap that it will actually enable anyone to be making profit from it. Now I don't like buyable vp for another reason, it is that BS is already dead enough if you enable even a small % of the population to bypass it, it would make buying vp from FC almost mandatory and not really gonna stand for that. Even a few weeks after BS overhaul its almost as dead as usual except for a few lvl ranges, want to buy someone from FC to actually notice.
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

I want ACDCs in the Item Shop.

In Game store

I think this in game store is a really bad idea, its a slippery slope that can lead to the death of AO. So in just my little opinion here is what i think some of the things that should be in the store.

What should be in the in game store (IMO)

All Paid Points items, (Just get rid of all Paid Points and make all items now in game store)
    More Character Slots,
    Old holiday/anniversary goodies,
    Full IP reset tokens,
    XP Stims
    Full Perk Resets (some people make mistakes rather then spend 20m in game some might like to spend real money)

What should NOT be in the In game store (IMO)

Buying Levels
    Victory
    right now i think no on OFAB and tokens.

What do you guys think. You make a list of your opinions of do and do nots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

How many more new threads do we really need for this when there are already multiple official threads for these complaints???

Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

EDIT: This made a lot more sense when it was not merged into another of the similar threads.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Nov 18th, 2010 at 04:44:23.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Buyable VP

ok ...

Where went the "we will sell only social stuff / convinience stuff and no armors / weapons" ?

In that case, I want sold in this shop :

BoC
    Beta symbs
    Intell symbs
    AI bots

sounds fair, no ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

This post was already made, why bother with another one? And just to point out that you're wrong, then you don't get BoC, beta symbs and other stuff by sitting AFK or playing "i don't want to participate" in the BS.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

You can't leech in bot-raids ? news to me.

The fact that some people exploit the fact you can leech when other do the job is not the issue here... (it's an issue, but, not related)
    Last edited by Gridpain; Nov 17th, 2010 at 11:20:30.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    You can't leech in bot-raids ? news to me.

The fact that some people exploit the fact you can leech when other do the job is not the issue here... (it's an issue, but, not related)
    You can't raidbot everything, and as you may know there's few things I hated more than raidbots. The issue is that the only thing you can buy in the store is time. While everything is of course made up of time in this kind of game, then there's a difference between the kinds of time being used, and what goes on in this time. Time of course has a subjective value, and some will value one kind of time over another. I for instance do not value time spent lvling as highly as time spent raiding with orgmates.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast