Page 1 of 29 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

Funcom employee Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

Included this week are the Nano changes documents for both the Engineer and the Soldier professions. We have already made significant changes to these documents based on feedback from your professionals and look forward to feedback from the community at large.

As some of you might have missed, last Friday we announced the addition of a new Item Store as it was posted in a separate thread. A reasonably complete set of the items available will be coming to TestLive at some point today...but will still be unavailable for purchase by general testers due to limitations of the billing systems (we don't want people to spend their real points on TestLive).

As discussed in the thread the focus will be on social and convenience type items. We will not be selling rare loot or equivalent items...you will not be seeing an ACDC and/or equivalent item in the store. That being said under certain circumstances some items we will be selling may potentially contribute to relative player power, as by selling items that "save time" players that purchase some of these items will be more powerful than players who have not yet invested the time to procure the same result. In my previous thread on the subject I stated that "power" was not for sale and I was speaking in terms of finished end-game or twink setups. There will not be any items that will give additional benefit to a character who already has the best possible configuration; these items will not require said players to spend money to remain competitive (like for example "better heal stims"). If my explanation of this in the previous thread caused any confusion I apologize as it was not my intention to deceive anyone on the subject. It is already possible to generate a great deal of this "advantage" through the expenditure of credits in-game and I'm certain we can all admit where some of these credits are coming from...this is a much more secure alternative for everyone.

In addition to 100's of social and fun items I believe that these are probably some of the examples that will generate the most discussion:

Tokens:

Token packs will be available from the shop in different amounts. This is an item that has been long requested by the community as it represents a very significant time investment to most players. The end-game boards themselves will not be available and will still need to be obtained in the normal fashion.

Victory Points:

A great many people enjoy PvP, while at the same time a great many people do not. Points will be available in the shop for those who would rather avoid the experience altogether. At the same time Basic OFAB armor pieces (not upgraded) will become Yes-Drop so can be sold by players with large surplus amounts of VP.

XP Stims:

Experience Constructs will be available in the shop for those who want to progress quicker and enjoy the game at their own pace. This is another item that has been long requested by the community. The best benefit available from the store will top out at 20% for 4 hours. These will not stack with previously available Anniversary buffs.

Reset Points:

This is the overwhelming number one request we have had from the community for years and as such is available in the store. (These are also available for VP, Credits and Loot in other areas of the game and as such their presence in the store is a convenience option.)

Past Social Items and Veteran Items:

Limited time social items from the past will be available in the store as "replica" items. Players who want the look of, for example, the Hockey Mask but were not present at the time of their release will be able to obtain the appearance of these items without actually owning the "real" status icons of the past. Most of these items were available free to veterans present at the time of their release...future players who want these will have to invest points to get them.

Items not available NOW...but planned for in the future:

Time Limited Access (passes) to expansion content for free players.

Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.

Pre-packaged 'buff' items which can be used for twinking purpopses. These are already available in today's Testlive patch, but will not be going into the shop until we have additional code support for their use requirements. These buffs are designed to be used for twinking purposes only and will consist only of buff nanos you could already receive in-game from other characters (IE: targeted-cast nanos from professions).

The "Old" Phasefront Vendors and the Points already in-game

The "Old" vendors currently in-game will remain in-game and will not be removed. You will still be able to buy previously released vehicles etc from the old shop on any subsequent characters you create with the points you have already transferred in. The points that will be used in the "new" store will come directly from your Account and will not need to be transferred into Anarchy Online to purchase items. This is in part due to us starting to share a new "Funcom Points" currency with the rest of the Funcom games and the intention is for or customers to be able to use their points in any current and future title we have. In getting into the new currency sometime during the next week all the points in your account will be multiplied by 1.2 to get in sync with the new "value" of the points...so don't be alarmed/surprised to see more points in your account.

The Browser

As I mentioned in the previous "Store" thread the new Store is essentially an in-game browser. Currently it will be locked to only the store pages until we can take care of some stability and security concerns we have but we are looking forward to the many different uses we can put this technology to. I can't wait to offer a poll to the users currently in-game...or to have the customer service functions taking place in this browser...or even to have a giant Alien advisory board in major cities to warn of ongoing events. It is going to be great...but security and stabilizing the browser has to be first.

I'll be popping in to take part in this discussion as it unfolds. As I said before there is likely to be a great deal of opinion on this matter and we look forward to your feedback on the subject.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kintaii Edit! Links to the Balance Discussion threads for the new nano documents:

Engineer Nano Changes Discussion Thread
    Soldier Nano Changes Discussion Thread
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

Damnit second

*new* *new* Tsherman Translashion *shiny* *shiny*

At the same time Basic OFAB armor pieces (not upgraded) will become Yes-Drop so can be sold by players with large surplus amounts of VP.
    what the f...

New item store sounds good to me, but tokens/VP in it.. meh..
    Last edited by Muckota; Nov 12th, 2010 at 16:23:41.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

sex
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

uhoh
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

*SIXTH* dammit...peeps are fast.

Having read the nano doc now about million times I kinda like the changes.

The loss of the AoE Blind tho is incredibly damaging to solo pvm CC, I hope you bring us some joy on this particular issue.

Overall tho *thumbs up*
    Last edited by Stigman; Nov 13th, 2010 at 10:16:24.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

There comes the engi doc
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

wee

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

yeah, but I beat you to the other post ;p
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Get VP out of that list, I can't even believe you pout it there in the first place.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

finally
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Not FIrst... again

First.
    Yesdrop ofab interesting, not sure what I think of this.. definitely not feeling the buyable VP.
    Please say it wont be possible to pop buff nanos in any sort of pvp situation (especially duels)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    I like what I hear, but are you sure buying lvls won't be gamebreaking? Think about newcomers, standing there with no-one to team with!
    This.
    Last edited by Colawrenn; Nov 12th, 2010 at 16:47:45.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

1st page
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

in before ****storm

Edit: Its already hard enough for new/low lvl players to find teams, how will this be easier when everyone with a 220 can just buy a 199 toon and skip all the leveling? Pretty sure it will make alot of new players ragequit because there are no people to team with.

Buying levels is the beginning of the end.
    Last edited by Deathsrow; Nov 12th, 2010 at 17:54:51.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Pfff, soldiers in before MPs. Heresy.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Victory Points:

A great many people enjoy PvP, while at the same time a great many people do not. Points will be available in the shop for those who would rather avoid the experience altogether. At the same time Basic OFAB armor pieces (not upgraded) will become Yes-Drop so can be sold by players with large surplus amounts of VP.

Items not available NOW...but planned for in the future:

Time Limited Access (passes) to expansion content for free players.

Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.
    Pretty neat these two.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Nov 12th, 2010 at 16:27:02.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

IMHO veteran points should be able to be applied toward these conveniences as well. That was the original vision for veteran points, but it was never really carried through.

I mean, hey, you've been playing us $15 a month for 8 years, maybe it's okay that you boost a character from 0 to 199 now instead of asking you to spend more money on that.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Um... these engineer nanos... they have tradeskill requirements.

You guys :-(
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast