Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

When a company sells integers for cash I throw up a little in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Victory Points:

A great many people enjoy PvP, while at the same time a great many people do not. Points will be available in the shop for those who would rather avoid the experience altogether. At the same time Basic OFAB armor pieces (not upgraded) will become Yes-Drop so can be sold by players with large surplus amounts of VP.

Making ofab armor tradeable and vp available for pp is essentially the same as selling credits (i.e you sell the players ofab for real money and they turn around and sell it ingame for credits). Bad idea...

I just said yesterday in orgchat, how mutch this game has improved over the last years.

We saw a lot of new PvP and with that, player that like it or dislike it.
    Its always hard to find a balance to serve everyones interests, so the new changes are indeed good for people, that dislike PvP but want to get the VP stuff.

Especially the last 3 years were very exciting with you staff people
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Angry

Oh lol, just realised Ofab is made Yesdrop. So effectively FC is allowing buying credits for real money... if that isn't power for real money I dont know what is

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    IMHO veteran points should be able to be applied toward these conveniences as well. That was the original vision for veteran points, but it was never really carried through.

I mean, hey, you've been playing us $15 a month for 8 years, maybe it's okay that you boost a character from 0 to 199 now instead of asking you to spend more money on that.
    Seriously..

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    Wow someone who gets it, PVMERS shouldnt be forced to PVP! BRAVO!
    Forcing them to pay extra cash is preferable to giving them ingame content?

/opts out of the conversation, and gets a life insurance for AO

Please please please do not allow people to buy levels. It would certainly make it harder for people at lower levels to find groups. Also, not only does it lower the population at the lower levels but it lowers the population of low level EXPERIENCED AO players who could help confused newbies. If you guys are seriously dedicated to making this game more new-user friendly, do not allow experienced players to buy levels. Otherwise new players will just begin their AO lives in an unpopulated land of confusion and subsequently leave before they even get a chance to experience AO.

I cannot stress enough that this would be the worst thing FC could possibly do.

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    Otherwise new players will just begin their AO lives in an unpopulated land of confusion and subsequently leave before they even get a chance to experience AO.
    You mean like they do now?
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

ITT:
    pvmers that don't want to pvm to get their stuff
    Somebody lied.

Welcome to the next generation of asia grinder Anarchy Online... oh mom the most asia grinder are free to play... LOTR online got it now too but they make it free to play... do you wanna make Anarchy Online free to play too??

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.
    My highest toon is 217 and I have no intention of leveling this or any other toon to 220 for various reasons. Does this mean that I won't be able to use these boosters even after 6+ yrs of gametime? Maybe an alternative calculation based on the number of life time Vet Points an account has?
    Last edited by Sidana; Nov 12th, 2010 at 20:31:50.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

YESdrop on OFAB is awesome, really really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    You mean like they do now?
    Like they do now, but to an even greater extent. Also, this update is supposedly coming with the changes to Newcomer Island etc. These 2 changes would have opposing effects but I believe that the buying levels change would have a far greater negative effect than the positive effect of the Newcomer Island changes.

Basically, this is a sprint in the exact opposite direction of where the playerbase and FC want to be going.

Quote Originally Posted by Coookiez View Post
    ITT:
    pvmers that don't want to pvm to get their stuff
    QFT.

I'm still waiting for Means to support his decision by citing all those "the game became so much better after hecklers were added for fast XP" posts that fill every nostalgia thread. Or at least one of them.

I don't have issue with "Selling prof tools for real money with no listed prof locks", but it seems only limited amount of profs get their tools riped and offered to everybody.

/me pokes Kintaii

Suggestion: Multitool - a handle you can attach all existing tools to (including lockpick), so it takes up just 1 inventory space. Once the proper tool is added, you can simply pick up Multitool and shift+r-click on target to produce result. Where there's more than 1 result (for example Carb armor and HSR patterns), window pops up asking you about which one you want to make. Can't be used in TS processes which use-up tools (for example Bio-Comunicators on Half Digested Monster parts).
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Tokens:

Token packs will be available from the shop in different amounts. This is an item that has been long requested by the community as it represents a very significant time investment to most players. The end-game boards themselves will not be available and will still need to be obtained in the normal fashion.

Victory Points:

A great many people enjoy PvP, while at the same time a great many people do not. Points will be available in the shop for those who would rather avoid the experience altogether. At the same time Basic OFAB armor pieces (not upgraded) will become Yes-Drop so can be sold by players with large surplus amounts of VP.

XP Stims:

Experience Constructs will be available in the shop for those who want to progress quicker and enjoy the game at their own pace. This is another item that has been long requested by the community. The best benefit available from the store will top out at 20% for 4 hours. These will not stack with previously available Anniversary buffs.

Reset Points:

This is the overwhelming number one request we have had from the community for years and as such is available in the store. (These are also available for VP, Credits and Loot in other areas of the game and as such their presence in the store is a convenience option.)
    Who are all these people that were asking to be able to purchase these items with real world money? I know a lot of people that were asking for better ways to earn these items in game. I can't remember an overwhelming outcry to be able to use your Visa to buy these items.

I'm not saying they are bad ideas at this point. It just seems a bit disingenous to translate: "We want more and varied ways to be able to earn legitimate amounts of VP." or "We want additional rewards for our veteran service.", into: "We want an in game store where we can buy these items for real world money." Although I may have missed the part where players were asking to be able to buy these items with real cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamarar View Post
    When a company sells integers for cash I throw up a little in my mouth.
    So, you dont like to have food served while doing an airplane trip either? You like to bring your own? Or, why do those damn bastids on business-class get all that space while you're stuck in the tight crowded space?

In real life companies segregate their customers and offer them scaling services based on their ability to pay. Nothing new to this.

This trend has for quite a few years now been making headway into the MMO market, so it should be no surprise to informed people that it is now happening in AO.

Honestly, I dont see anything particularly negative about what Means has laid out here.

- To purchase a "level-package" you are required to have a lvl 220 character. This means you have the basic grasp of how the game is played (unless its leveld by your friends and you havent done squat offcourse). People who hasnt understood the basic concepts of other classes by playing -1- character to 220 fails at much more than AO.

- The "level-package" character comes naked and you need to equip it with everything (armor/weapons/nanos/etc). This obviously requires the purchaser to understand WHAT he needs to get. So even if he hasnt done it before, he now needs to get informed on what to equip on his character.

- In all games bad players tend to get picked up on the social radar and avoided by other players.

- Removing the nodrop tag on OFAB means that it opens up a new venue in the marketplace. PVP'ers can sell products from their gametime to PVM'ers for credits. You dont HAVE to pay $$$ if you have credits. Prices will always be all over the place at first when new items arrive, so patience will pay off.

- Being able to purchase VP is an OPTION (as everything in that shop is). You dont HAVE to buy it for $$$.

It's strange to me how so many people get riled up because they are given non-mandatory choices.

Most raids are org-based or with people across orgs who know each other. This means that you have to prove yourself worthy to take part. If you have zero concept of playing your paid leveled ofab decked out character, then people will pick up on that and start shunning you.

I really dont get all the anger. This is life people, things change. Try to adapt and keep an open mind. You will still be playing your game your way no matter if they open up that ingame shop. Why does it anger you so that others might?
    Ingame names;
    Slayertank 220 enf | Slayerbabe 200 adv | Mythic 175 mp
    Xziztenzia 180 doc | Loveleet 205 engie | Babita 175 crat
    Slayershade 59 shade | Savio 213 NT (main) | Anlor 201 mp
    Slayerfixer1 213 fixer | Bjirk 220 sold | Murder101 178 trader |

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    Basically, this is a sprint in the exact opposite direction of where the playerbase and FC want to be going.
    FC is most likely the ultimate reason behind these "proposed" additions. Which means you're gonna get stuck with them anyways no matter how much feedback they get.

And +1 for the Korean comparison. I was thinking that, too.

Means just got people into BS again with the new ranges
    and now selling vp is just going to F*&K it up all over again
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Fugyaz View Post
    Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast