Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    lol, too many people already doing the /rage quit dance before anything actually hits live. Test server, go test, go check it out. See what happens before all the empty threats, assumptions or whatever else people are trying to throw at Means and FC in an attempt to keep themselves stationary while the rest of the MMO world moves on.

Haha are you serious? How the hell do you propose people go and "test" the changes FC listed yesterday?

And think about it before you answer.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Over 9000 views in less than a day, the majority of posts filled with horror at the proposed changes. Let's see how FC reacts to that 'eh....
    Problem is that most posts are whines, not constructive or valuable feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Over 9000 views, but only 300 posts, I'd bet a lot of those views are from people who have no issue with the changes and did not post. As usual the whiners are out in full force, and are of course seen as a majority 'voice' since people who generally agree with what the plans are don't have a real need to post.

At least I can hope...
    Dream on, I for one are highly su****ius about said shop. So far I have read every reply here (in several stages, so that's at least 17+ views). Haven't posted much however, since this is still just on test and there's still lot of unknowns.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I like the fact I could make a 200 and equip it by using my VP to use ofab armor.

This is a good thing. The bad thing is I've played every class

It's really not so bad, so I'm going to just post this and not read the 17 pages of discussion.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

VPs:
    Yesdrop VP rewards seems like a great idea. If you'll go through with it, I don't think you should introduce a way of buying them with real money as well though.

XP Stims:
    No objection here. Feel free to boost it past 20%, too

Past items:
    Maybe consider doing this for Lya's as well. Makes no sense to have important buffing armour only available on Halloween.

Level packs:
    Bad idea. Levelling for new players is bad enough as it is, don't make it even worse by removing like 80% of levelling toons.

Better idea for levelling - Instance all those lowbie dungeons like the borg barracks, ToTW, SoM, CoH and give them huge XP rewards. Make it so that an appropriate-level team can do each of them in ~20 mins. Give them fresh loot based on old RK content you don't use anymore, give them gear drops that are good for levelling players, give them challenging bosses, make it so that the fastest way to lvl doesn't involve hecks and pockets, but actual playing.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

"Much of what you say about the game is true, but that makes any scheme to take more money off paying players .... unlikely to be very successful, at least from my perspective."

Erh?! So you believe this is some nasty sneaky scheme from Funcom to fleece their customers for more cash?

Why cant people get it in their head that this is an OPTION!!!! It isnt -mandatory-. It doesnt change your game one iota... except it might make it BETTER...

Think about this a few seconds:

- opening "level-package" option lets people create alts more easily. Some will probably be made exclusively to pvp in certain BS level-ranges.

- OFAB will be more accessible to everyone. PvP'ers get a nice way to turn their VPs into creds. PvM'er get better access to both armor and weapons (I think those were to be tradeable too?).

- level-package characters will need lots of armor/weapons/symbs/nanos which might increase demand for those farming/selling.

Seriously, why are so many crying about this? Is it the "ethics" or "morality" that concerns you so much? Funcom is a game developer that is in this business to earn money. Nothing devious about it.
    Ingame names;
    Slayertank 220 enf | Slayerbabe 200 adv | Mythic 175 mp
    Xziztenzia 180 doc | Loveleet 205 engie | Babita 175 crat
    Slayershade 59 shade | Savio 213 NT (main) | Anlor 201 mp
    Slayerfixer1 213 fixer | Bjirk 220 sold | Murder101 178 trader |

I am speechless... and not in a good way.

I'm sure everything I could say has already been said or will be said in the near future. Currently I'm just struck by the sheer insanity of this.

Welcome to hecknoob online.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    I am speechless... and not in a good way.

I'm sure everything I could say has already been said or will be said in the near future. Currently I'm just struck by the sheer insanity of this.

Cashnoob (tm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.
    Man it surely sounds your trying hard to shut down AO for good, your only problem seem to be a player base that can be pushed behond what is reasonable to take.

I acctualy prefer term money-noob, for sort moob. Still, this is where MMORPGs in general are going and it's unlikely that they had much change to do without trying out this.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Over 9000 views, but only 300 posts, I'd bet a lot of those views are from people who have no issue with the changes and did not post. As usual the whiners are out in full force, and are of course seen as a majority 'voice' since people who generally agree with what the plans are don't have a real need to post.
    Out of the few dozens of people I've talked with in-game, not one has agreed these levels/VPs etc for $ would be a good thing. I also know a few that aren't playing atm and have been waiting the engine mainly... their reaction when they read this announce makes me think they aren't coming back lol...

From what I recall FC/Means stated the browser could be used to gather feedback from larger group of people than these forums can reach. Cash-buyable VP/levels etc sound like a good topic to use it on when it hits live

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    lol, too many people already doing the /rage quit dance before anything actually hits live. Test server, go test, go check it out. See what happens before all the empty threats, assumptions or whatever else people are trying to throw at Means and FC in an attempt to keep themselves stationary while the rest of the MMO world moves on.
    Lol. Gotta wonder if you even thought what you just wrote... go test the consequences of buyable levels, buyable VP (=credits in the end)... on test server?

All the items you can buy look really cool.

yesdrop ofab looks cool too.

I'm really stoked on the engineer nano changes, they look a LOT more balanced than the lunacy which is engi pets in game now.

soldier's seem kinda bland, but, soldiers always were kinda bland, so no news there.

GJ means

Holy ****balls we're all gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)
    Shibasama (lvl 5 with Feeble Gladiatorbot & Red Line)
    Achiever 66.67%, Killer 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Socializer 46.67%

Cant wait to be a $l00b.

Now i can finally make all those insane prejects come true. Trox Nt ftw, batteries not included.

Oh, im being sarcastic.
    "Footlight" Agent
    "Weasel" Fixer
    "Hound" Shade
    "Universe" Keeper

i dont think all will love this but wait and see what will come
    Gefundene Schreibfehler dürft ihr behalten

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Cashnoob (tm).
    As much as I like my current PvP realted quote, I might change my siggy to:

Haha, you just got ftw pwnd
    (by the awesome size of my credit limit, hehe)
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    BEHOLD!!

Make it usable once per account and if you delete that toon you can make another pre-lvled toon, maybe that will damp down the rising hysteria...
    RP-activated toons have the =name= right? And PvP-flagged toons have a **name**? How about $name$ for boosted toons? And no way to turn it off ofc....

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Bump for no to buffs that other players can already cast, how unsocial!
    Agree, 'buyable' buffs, even just twink ones, is stupid and ruins the 'Professionality' of the game. (Yes, I think I just made up a word.)

I am totally no to VP with PP, but ofab armor/weapon was ment for lesser advanced players tho.
    Ummm, really? Lesser advanced players? Tell that to crats with their +100 aad back and +50 aad helm, wont see an endgame crat not wearing those.
    Or shades with +75 piercing gloves.
    Keepers with like 3/4 of the pieces giving massive 2he buffs.
    Docs with nice nano init boosts in sleeves.
    MAs with 75 Evade in pants.
    (all assuming ql 300 penulti etc etc)
    and so on...
    Perhaps OFAB as a whole is not a "supreme" armor, but for sure a lot of professions have at least one piece that is by far the best option in game. There are definitely parts that make it not a 'lesser advanced' players armor.

Rememeber that other armor and weapons are already available in regular shop.
    Mmhm, apart from froobs, who buys vendor armor anymore? It all sucks balls.

To sum my views:
    Bump for yesdrop ofab.
    Bump for -most- of the shop stuff like buyable tokens/vp/xp stims/IPR, but Debump things like buying levels and twink packs/buffs.
    Interesting changes to engi/sol. Sols getting short term HoT that pretty much kills them, along with other stuff doing similar. I kinda like it, can't see when it will be used but it really makes sols a very tactical profession to play. Using something like that you'd have to be sure you can finish off whatever/whoever it is your fighting before you drop to 1 HP. Could be fun, who knows.

I'm not going to go into giving "explanations" to my bumps, because I know trollers will discredit everything I say, plus I don't have the energy. So just stating what I like/dislike.

I just LOVE how Funcom cut down on the extremely boring leveling grind (daily missions, sick reward on quests, XP stims, buying levels!). This enables me to enjoy the game even with a tight time schedule. I mean - who can afford to spend houndreds of hours leveling the toon when having a family and a full time job? In my opinion getting all the stuff for your toon is more than enough grind.

So it seems us old farts still can enjoy AO for years to come

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    This enables me to enjoy the game even with a tight time schedule. I mean - who can afford to spend houndreds of hours leveling the toon when having a family and a full time job?
    220/30/70 Mongoshade - atrox PvP shade
    220/27/70 crat
    220/20/55 adventurer
    220/19/44 doctor
    + many more
    What?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    How's that different from now?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast