Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

That's a huge list of stuff to read through! Nice work.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Level boosts? You guys are really selling out now.

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Um... these engineer nanos... they have tradeskill requirements.

You guys :-(
    It is awesome!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Currently it will be locked to only the store pages until we can take care of some stability and security concerns we have but we are looking forward to the many different uses we can put this technology to.
    o.0 Wouldn't it be better to fix stability and security concearns before players start losing real money?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    o.0 Wouldn't it be better to fix stability and security concearns before players start losing real money?
    Our concerns are in dealing with players accessing third-party sites (which could potentially carry malicious code), not our own internal pages.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

not sure i like the buying vp option, but yes-drop basic ofab stuff sounds really good

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Um... these engineer nanos... they have tradeskill requirements.

You guys :-(
    Yea, pretty neat huh? Now engies don't need to spend IP on nanoskills at all! Freeing up a bit of IP allowing engies to work both in combat and as tradeskill monkeys, without seperation.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    When Means say stability and security concerns, he is talking about websites outside of our control.

When the browser is sandboxed (as it is with the shop) it is secure and stable.
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

Wow.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Awesome
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

I like what I hear, but are you sure buying lvls won't be gamebreaking? Think about newcomers, standing there with no-one to team with!

Victory Points:

A great many people enjoy PvP, while at the same time a great many people do not. Points will be available in the shop for those who would rather avoid the experience altogether. At the same time Basic OFAB armor pieces (not upgraded) will become Yes-Drop so can be sold by players with large surplus amounts of VP.
    finally!
    Life is bare, gloom and misery everywhere.

Intresting, but now I made my Trader for nothing
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Hmm...

Do we have a rough date on when this will hit live?

Oh boy. Engineers are now MPs with Robots. The Tradeskill buffs basically = self Mochams.
    Last edited by Raggeh; Nov 12th, 2010 at 16:39:37.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Hmmm. Mostly not too offensive, but I'd have to object to tokens and levels in the shop. Even if ebaying is a problem. This undermines the actual effort put into characters as well as potentially removing most leveling characters from any level ranges if it is a "successful product".

Seventh! Happy friday everyone! <3

And that means YOU, Kintaii!
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Almost everything sounds nice, ok i didn´t read the nano documents yet... so wait for teh flames !

but the things with the shop etc. seem to be well, and most of them meet my expectations.. especially ofab armor becoming tradeable and such...... ah well this all sounds nice enough for me to get some hope, although i know many many others will have another point of view

Quote Originally Posted by HeisNF View Post
    Hmmm. Mostly not too offensive, but I'd have to object to tokens and levels in the shop. Even if ebaying is a problem. This undermines the actual effort put into characters as well as potentially removing most leveling characters from any level ranges if it is a "successful product".
    I think tokens aren't an issue for regular player anymore, just for twinks. Daily missions give good amount of them, I think I have 4k on my trader at 220 from which 1.5k~ was farmed before dailys. So they are easy now, and likely everyone who isn't just powerleveling will hit 2,5k before 220...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I actually like the idea of farming bs to sell ofab, i wanna do more bs but have to farm creds for toons. this way i can farm bs and creds at same time win win! tyvm

lots of great ideas in fwm this week....now to solja/engie docs *holds breath*
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus

Pre-packaged 'buff' items which can be used for twinking purpopses. These are already available in today's Testlive patch, but will not be going into the shop until we have additional code support for their use requirements. These buffs are designed to be used for twinking purposes only and will consist only of buff nanos you could already receive in-game from other characters (IE: targeted-cast nanos from professions).
    I guess this question could apply to any of the new Store Items, but I will focus on this item for now. How do you plan to set the cost of these items? See my siggy for obvious reason why I am interested in buffs on demand, as I already have that on a second paid account. I am wholly uninterested in continuing a subscription for a buff toon account when I could just pay as I go for less (if that is the case).
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast