Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny-D View Post
    Also the replica items, altho personally im kinda peeved that everyone is gonna be running around with vintage social items, ill get over it, but replica pande/ ai armor/HI etc. ? there needs to be some sort of status for the people who actually have these items. I remember being a noob and seeing people running around with BoC or AI armor and thinking how freaking awesome they looked, and even years later when i got my first ai armor and later finished the set there was a sense of accomplishment and pride. If u completely remove any way for an experienced/veteran player to distinguish themselves your gonna kill a whole element of the game (and yes i know some people just buy creds to buy this stuff but the majority of us worked hard for our phats and would like some sort of way to show it off)
    I concur...thats just ruthless. Social items ok, but armor or social items obtained from raids/bosses/encounters etc? ...I think not. I love the look of much of my armor/boss loot and wear it for the look, not just the skills. There is plenty of other cool social items to put in the shop instead.

There is memories attatched to these items too, and often we do hard raids just to get items for looks. Gift from earth f.x

Please don't add armor-replicas or social items thats obtainable all year through encounters.
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 13th, 2010 at 22:52:32.

I don't recall Means mentioning ANYTHING about BoC replicas or anything of that nature, so please.... stop.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny-D View Post
    Also the replica items, altho personally im kinda peeved that everyone is gonna be running around with vintage social items, ill get over it, but replica pande/ ai armor/HI etc. ? there needs to be some sort of status for the people who actually have these items. I remember being a noob and seeing people running around with BoC or AI armor and thinking how freaking awesome they looked, and even years later when i got my first ai armor and later finished the set there was a sense of accomplishment and pride. If u completely remove any way for an experienced/veteran player to distinguish themselves your gonna kill a whole element of the game (and yes i know some people just buy creds to buy this stuff but the majority of us worked hard for our phats and would like some sort of way to show it off)

I guess that my point is that there needs to be SOMETHING in the game that is out of reach for the majority of players to allow the hardcore peeps (a group ive never been part of or ever will for that matter) to distinguish themselves.
    Strongly agree with this post about replicas. Been looking forward to getting some of these items myself, and it would be a major buzzkill to see them sold in this manner.

Not to mention people that spent a LOT of effort to run their low level alts all the way to Pande to loot these, for the looks alone... I'm sure they're delighted.

EDIT: In reply to the post above, sorry if these items aren't going to be there. I just saw the data rip thread in the 18.4 forum, viewing the link, it has a Pandemonium armor costume listed among other things.
    Last edited by brbcoffee; Nov 14th, 2010 at 00:22:56.
    RK2
    Vixi - Opifex Shade - 220 / 30 / 70 e
    Teborix - Solitus Soldier - 150 / 20 / 42 e
    Sylex - Opifex Fixer - 150 / 19 / 40 e

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    It's selling power, like selling BoC and ACDC. You can't buy credits either, kinda...sort of.
    So is selling Tokens, you against that too?

The main thing I'm wondering is why everyone is so up in arms about VP selling, or it's combination with YesDrop Ofab armour, as such a horrible game breaking mechanic because people can buy power.. but buying tokens is fine because.. why?
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Wtb Sinnew of tarasque in new store shop! (15 stam :'( )
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    So is selling Tokens, you against that too?

The main thing I'm wondering is why everyone is so up in arms about VP selling, or it's combination with YesDrop Ofab armour, as such a horrible game breaking mechanic because people can buy power.. but buying tokens is fine because.. why?
    It's not.

But then I believe that the official response to any request for making endgame faster and easier should be "get bent." The problem with levelling isn't how long it takes, but how boring it is.

Selling replica items doesn't hurt gameplay in any way, but he might as well put PVP titles up for sale while he's at it.
    Last edited by Keldros; Nov 14th, 2010 at 02:06:13.

All of you are aware of the fact that one MUST have a 220, before one is able to even use a lvl pack right ? Its not just as if some new kid can buy a keycode, dl the client, and buy that level pack...

LOL at join date!! Just cuz i've never used forum nick before i get slapped in my face :|

You say that like there isn't a preexisting 220 noob population...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    well yes, that IS a fact. but force them to pay real money for it?? come on!
    You can also get the daily mission that gives VP, sign up, park yourself somewhere and wait for the round to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Think you guys over do it this time.... me thinks ill follow my former org prez in quiting tbh.... from the looks of it this game (with this changes hitting the live) compare to the game with orcs/elfes/dwarfes (u now what im talking about) will be consider easy... since 2 years ago it was the other way around (from my point of view the reason people still played AO)

The reason i even started to play this game was because it was way harder to play,gain knowledge, stuffs then the majority of games out there, but now it seems after the Collector comes this.... 2 more patches like this and Pacman will be the ultimate game compare to Anarchy....

All i see are pvm-ers complaining here.... If u don't recall pvp-ers need crap to twink up wich u guys farm all day in alba/allapa/db 1/2 so on wich u sell to pvp-ers... the only think u had to buy from them was the VP nanos... Yes i do think LE missions its something u will do if ure a hardcore masochist and u are really bored....

Yes making ofab yes-drop its a good ideea but the hole thing about a game its that u need to invest some time in it to get what u want.... not just cash...

Someone said about making 2 kinds of armor like pvp wise and pvm wise.... thats way better an ideea this this crap.... make T3(wich u can already farm in scheol/adonis/pen already) or for the hell of it make a T4 wich u need upgrades from inf boss mobs/LE ones or something way better for pvm based on feedback from those who consider themselfs hardcore PVM-ers then systematically ruining and slowly send him to the grave.....

I don't get it.... How this will help the game in the future.... If u plan on raising the lvl cap or adding new (hard things to do, not the ones, now that beside 2 of them all can be made by dual-logging) that actually need more people then i can agree with current changes (well some of them atleast)

The main issue is the ONLY challanges in this game are s42 (wich can be done with heckler noobs too(or stubs to be on the flow), 80% responsable for wipes are the RL not the players) and maybe 12man the rest can be done by a semi decent player in dual or tripple logged (killed TNH tripple logged with pvp toons , again dunno why all this whinning about pvm being hard cause they can't farm the ofab armors)

So .... buff nano... that will include a free touch of marius nano if u purchase all of it as a gift ? i mean go for the full pachage ? VP+Tokens+199 toon+twink buff+maybe ai30 + full research ? cause i think its possible at lvl 200 and dont u forget the max research ? (seriously)

So till a real challange comes in game ill let AO froze

My 2 cents

Beastengi
    Last edited by Gotauras; Nov 14th, 2010 at 04:25:05.
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Very, very disappointed with these changes.

Hey can you add AI levels too? How much would that cost me, an extra $5 for AI 30? Sweet.

Does anyone at Funcom actually play this game?
    Last edited by Mako; Nov 14th, 2010 at 04:15:43.
    Based God.

Quote Originally Posted by themulething View Post
    All of you are aware of the fact that one MUST have a 220, before one is able to even use a lvl pack right ? Its not just as if some new kid can buy a keycode, dl the client, and buy that level pack...

Are u aware that a lvl 220 toon can be made in 1-2 weeks ? since it doesnt requires it to be twinked and full equiped(wich its the real pain for a 220 the item grinding items for twinking/stuff for later use , armor....)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.
    Oke Wtf kind of BS is this Fc needs money or something?
    This game allready got made to easy as some ppl mentiond its cake to get 200 in 1 week, you really trying to take the effort some ppl put in toons away?

I think everyone got 220 toons these days or they have to be froobs...
    So the only reason i cant think of to put a service like this is that Fc is in need of serious cash!
    So Ebaying is wrong ?
    but buying Lvl's treu FC is right ?
    Last edited by memph; Nov 14th, 2010 at 05:02:38.

First of all making VP buyable will kill BS of all levels except for TL7. Also yes drop ofab armor will do the same.

Making lvls buyable is just crazy, whats the point of playing the game then? Why are you trying to make this game into the "Lazy game" where all u have to do is point click and bam your maxed out. Each patch leads to the end of AO.

Drawing people to this game should be top prioriety not chasing away the exsiting members. You dont realize how much potential this game has and the more you try to "enhance it" the worst it gets.

Why not focus on new member stuff and adding new dungeons or expansion packs not adding stupid stuff that draws people away.

Personally i vote a whole new AO staff to be appointed. Otherwise a level 1 will be able to buy a lvl 220 character with full 300 AI and all the bells and whistles. Your getting to carried away with useless stuff that you need to stop reading the forums for advice and start rolling toons and see what is really needed. WTB some AO vets to run things around here.

So what if its an old mmorpg. Look at how old WoW is and how big that fanbase is personally i would never play it, but dang they must be doing something right. They are making money off that game and their players are happy. After all the years AO was online they have barely done anything new. To this day they are still fixing the bugs that were originally with the game pffft...

The biggest killer of AO is boredom, people get lvl 220's and twinks of all lvl ranges and get bored of it quickly, with the new dailies, and upcoming buyable stuff people are going to get bored alot quicker. Most of my time spent on AO was farming VP or AI levels or credz.

I could go on for hours on how FC is ruining this game and how they lost so much money if they would have only listened to the right people. You guys could have turned this game into a mighty contendor but all u have done is let it burn. Making money is not something your good at. Too bad it wasent Americans running things this game would have been awsome.

P.S. For all the AO players out there how many new people have you met recently and how long have they stayed? And whats the Ratio for new players coming and old players leaving? Thank you , its only a matter of time when the only toons logged in are cred spammers. Good bye
    Last edited by Bubbagms; Nov 14th, 2010 at 05:30:50.

I just read the new engi ****... cause i CAN'T NAME IT OTHERWISE.....

So practically u transform the engi in a NT pre LE...a piece of cannon meat.... something that will die from everything.... PLEASE DONT GIVE ME THAT BULL**** ABOUT HAVING BLOCKERS AND ****..... 90% of u wich whine about an engi being overpowered don't now how to keep agg on an enfo....

Then engi arent like some of these people think some proof that u start a duel or run around BS or NW and kills alone w/o any to much involment from the player....

The only defences in PVP we had as engi were blind aura(cause if twinked a bit even damn doc can have more evades then an engi) and blockers ..... wich both coud be passed if u have half of brain and use it (regarding the blockers)... about blind aura it ALWAYS BEEN breakable at 1st hit no matter what dd/reflect shield anything hit done on the target.... and with a 4-5 sec recharge to cast.... BUT NOOOOOOO **** engi... lets give MORE ****ING AR to SOLDJAS wich ALREADY HAVE MORE THEN ENOUGHT.... an AR soldja reaches 3950 AR more or less self w/o MR or counting the evades debuffs... IF URE AT IT GIVE THEM MORE ****ING HP!!!! GG .... Wait ... why not a HoT too... **** it ure right it doesnt matter they are almost 100% reflect dmg why not give them a hot that can over heal the dd taken in addiction with the HD buffs..... If this its ure thinking of balance please tell me now so i now ill cancel from now and not waste my time in this game anymore.....

And everyone still wondering WHY in bs or everywhere u turn u can find enfs/soldjas and NT's.... thats why .... While every patch brings ****ING NERFS yes those are nerfs not "UPDATES" or "BALANCE" u give those 3 profs every patch more and more toons to afk kill more and more profs....

And please PVM-ers SHUT IT.... atm a semi good enfo can tank all ****ing pande in 1 pull if he has 2 good docs in back....

So quit taking "advices" from whinners on forums and like the one infront of me said... roll a damn toon and try to play with it.... it coud help if not 1 of those 3....

Sorry but every time i try to play a toon Fc always tooke those whinners advices ... same happend with my ma, kipur(wasn't enought we had a hard time making evades or getting new ways to "evade" high ar proofs and NR nanos wich are broken since u guys launched the game , u went giving more ar too every other prof while "Balancing" ma and kipur with pvm nanos and auras that are worth less and pvp and more or less same in pvp then the ones before ... now engi.... i ****ing refuse to roll one of those 3 just to be able to "enjoy" a little this game or roll the all time champion of "love giving" the adv......

My other 2 cents...

Beastengi
    Last edited by Gotauras; Nov 14th, 2010 at 05:57:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilted View Post
    people that do enjoy hecklers
    Made me laugh.

Adding XP bonus to all existing monsters would solve the boring/growded/ost`d heckler grind.
    Not by giving people chance to lvl using moms VISA.

Game is ment to be played. Armor/tokens/lvl should be reward for accomplishing someting else than filling your credit card number on fc:s website.

Anyway another /quit here if this crap hits live.
    FC can calc many 199 lvl packs you have to sell to replace 2 yearly subscriptions...

...putting the FU in FUN

This would have to be one of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen an MMO do.
    So you want your cake and you're damn well gonna eat it too?
    Subscriptions OR cash shop, take your damn pick greedy bastards...
    Clearly this is some lame attempt to cut cred selling sites. News flash, this games economy is total screwed, hyper inflated to hell and back. New players have no choice but to buy creds in order to compete.
    I've been playing 4 years and I'll happily commit the cardinal sin and admit I've bought creds, lots of them. I will again. Why? Cause I can.
    Hey FC, THE CRED SELLERS ALWAYS SELL AT THE ICC WHOMPA IN NEWLAND!
    Is that news to you inept fools? Look at every cred site, they state it on their home page ffs.

So here's an idea, instead of trying to screw players out of their hard work and let people just pay for everything how about you just sit a GM at ICC Whompa in Newland and start banning? duh...

You say this will ensure the future of AO, what you're doing is the EXACT opposite.

Either buyable VPs or YesDrop OFAB tbh, having both would allow people to buy OFAB w/ VPs bought through the store, and sell it for creds - which equates to buying creds with real $$. I don't think any of us players would care for that.
    Captaintyr 220/23 Soldier
    Fruitcakes 150/20 Doctor
    Cupcakes 150/17 Keeper

Proud Member of Moonlight

/shake head

I think this must be called the Chicken Little Pandemic of 2010...

Get a grip on reality please. This isnt going to change YOUR game. It is still YOUR choice how you play the game.

People who PvP and enjoy it dont do it for the VP, thats just the byproduct. What changes with that? Many do and probably STILL will do daily pvp for those "free" VP points after this patch. These people are mostly free kills for the regular pvp player.

Death BS? Hardly. This might even get MORE people to PvP unless they got bit by the Chicken Little virus.
    Ingame names;
    Slayertank 220 enf | Slayerbabe 200 adv | Mythic 175 mp
    Xziztenzia 180 doc | Loveleet 205 engie | Babita 175 crat
    Slayershade 59 shade | Savio 213 NT (main) | Anlor 201 mp
    Slayerfixer1 213 fixer | Bjirk 220 sold | Murder101 178 trader |

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast