Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I think tokens aren't an issue for regular player anymore, just for twinks. Daily missions give good amount of them, I think I have 4k on my trader at 220 from which 1.5k~ was farmed before dailys. So they are easy now, and likely everyone who isn't just powerleveling will hit 2,5k before 220...
    Agreed. Consider my statement not valid for tokens. Still i don't like LVLs in the shop of above stated reasons.

Ok... now add tradeskill buffs to wrangles, plx?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

So when I head over to ely or inf or any dungeon/pf to level and everyone is gone because they paid to level up, so I head over to BS to have some fun but everyone has bought thier VP/tokens.

What exactly am I going to do in this game?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Create another max level character, and another one, and another one, and another one, buy second account, create more characters... have EVERY profession at least twice on max level... and THEN

go to Borealis, and go AFK, while you are Dancing to show the others how uber cool you are !

Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post
    So when I head over to ely or inf or any dungeon/pf to level and everyone is gone because they paid to level up, so I head over to BS to have some fun but everyone has bought thier VP/tokens.

What exactly am I going to do in this game?
    Twink store bought items on store bought toon with store bought buffs. OFC
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Should i uninstall ao now or next week? hmm.. gj there.
    Thapetowner
    Hardcore
    Ilovetokill
    Critterz
    Awaaa

Thumbs up Wow!!

These changes look awesome!

1. For a NON-PVPER the VP changes are long overdue and most welcome. Please don't let PVPers scrap this change when they already have hundreds of thousands of VP doing nothing on their toon, while NON-PVPERS have to farm 80 million Aliumz Mishes to get VP. This mechanic has always been completely unfair to ppl who don't enjoy PVP.

2. Alot of other games (including AoC iirc) allow you to start a new character at a higher lvl than lvl 1 after you have already lvled a character on that acct to max. AO Classic (ie lvl 1-199) is "froob" anyway, most endgame content requires expansions, and at this point anyone who know how AO works and already has a 220 on their account can lvl a toon from 1-200 in like 3 days if they wanted to. I see no problems with letting me have a 199 char in exchange for $ thats going to keep AO going strong and let development continue.

3. I can finally get a Panda head... THANK YOU MEANS!! <3

4. As far as tokens, there really isnt any need for that anymore due to dailys, but I can see how some ppl might want it as an option. However from dailies my 217 sol that I rolled in march has nearly 5k tokes lol. Dailys = uber.

Thanks Means and the AO crew, the future is looking very bright and shiny indeed!!!

P.S. One part of the sol nano document was confusing, the part about 66% changed to 50%... was that a nerf or a boost lol?
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

I'm like..."wtf just happened!"

Can't help but feeling "Victory Points for Money" is nothing more than getting spit on.

Great the only thing left to do ingame, will suffer. It's not like raiding needs more than you and your dual logged account anymore.

Looking at the current trend with the S7 weapons, profession locks and TL3 equipment requirements.

If this game is not heading down easy street, where is it heading again?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

this is worst game store as that can be. seriously.

example of good Game Stores is LOTRO-store (best) and DDO-store (just nice).

tokens, VP and LEVELS (especially) must be removed from store - this can ruin game.
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Nov 12th, 2010 at 17:10:06.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Victory Points:

A great many people enjoy PvP, while at the same time a great many people do not. Points will be available in the shop for those who would rather avoid the experience altogether. At the same time Basic OFAB armor pieces (not upgraded) will become Yes-Drop so can be sold by players with large surplus amounts of VP.
    Nice! I almost regret buying nanos for 4925822 people for free now. Good change.
    Buying VP for RL Money.. meh. But I don't care to much about that. I'll prefer the pvp way.

Items not available NOW...but planned for in the future:

Time Limited Access (passes) to expansion content for free players.

Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.
    I'm not too happy with that. A game should be played. With the 220 requirement I can accept it if it helps revenue. But the boost to 150 for example is really cheesy. Roll toon boost to 150 buy the twink bag if you need to, equip stuff and start owning sec10... Bad level range imo. Same for the 199 and sec7 though currently sec7 may not be that farm worthy.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Can't help but feeling "Victory Points for Money" is nothing more than getting spit on.

Great the only thing left to do ingame, will suffer. It's not like raiding needs more than you and your dual logged account anymore.

Looking at the current trend with the S7 weapons, profession locks and TL3 equipment requirements.

If this game is not heading down easy street, where is it heading again?
    heading down the drain.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

When tokens will finally be (legally) buyable, do you have plans to again look into those neckitems you promised neutrals?

if you really want sell VP, you can make temporary VP-gaining buff, like XP-stims.

For example - w/o buff you gain 1000 VP, with buff 1300. This is easy coded and you must PvP anyway, but less then w/o buff.
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Nov 12th, 2010 at 17:17:31.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Great
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.
    NO! bad means!

Exactly. If LVLs are store buyable, I'm gonna be back to only LVLing froobs like back in 2005.

Tin foil hat?

Can we pleeeeeeeease get tin foil hat in the store to? Pretty please?

Hey PVPERS

1. I'll repeat this cos many ppl dont seem to listen, SOME PPL DONT LIKE TO PVP! lol, Why is that such a hard concept to get?

2. PVP is hardly the only thing to do endgame...

3. Do you guys love PVPING or getting VP? If you like to PVP for its own sake then how has this change in anyway affected you lol?

4. So if NONPVPERS actually have a chance of using items that should never have been linked to a PVP only currency anyway (we all know that aliumz mishes are NOT a viable substitute), then AO is "going down the drain"? Why? Cos PVPERS wont have a monopoly on VP anymore?

5. Last but not least, as always with anything you find in life... if you dont like it, DONT DO IT! But dont tell me I cant because you dont want to...
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    3. Do you guys love PVPING or getting VP? If you like to PVP for its own sake then how has this change in anyway affected you lol?

4. So if NONPVPERS actually have a chance of using items that should never have been linked to a PVP only currency anyway (we all know that aliumz mishes are NOT a viable substitute), then AO is "going down the drain"? Why? Cos PVPERS wont have a monopoly on VP anymore?
    3: No. I hate PVP.

4: This can be easily solved by making the VP rewards of AImishes higher.

EDIT: The suggested PVP or Pay solution is in fact another thing to favor PVPers IMO.
    Last edited by HeisNF; Nov 12th, 2010 at 17:35:08.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast