Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

Quote Originally Posted by HeisNF View Post

4: This can be easily solved by making the VP rewards of AImishes higher.
    this! or maybe award some VP for alium dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Ok... now add tradeskill buffs to wrangles, plx?
    Use HQ buff
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Tokens:
    Victory Points:
    Level packs:
    Please.... Just.... Don't....

In getting into the new currency sometime during the next week all the points in your account will be multiplied by 1.2
    Does this mean I'll get more stuff for my money if I buy millions of PP now, rather than after stuff is released?

Level Packs: Interesting idea after the initial "wtf" shock goes away. Remember that any items you get in lower level dungeons that you boosted past will not magically pop into your inventory.

However, I feel that the need for purchasing levels could be less "demanding" if leveling was;

1. Faster than it currently is [there are some gaps where it becomes grueling to play a developing toon if you can't find a team or a couple of handy pocket tanks at your disposal].

2. More diverse!!! DIVERSITY is what needs to be worked on more than anything in this game, more ways to get things done = win. We're getting close to 10 years old now, people have explored this game to death and know where to go for what they want.

This is typically how an experienced player goes from 1-220, here goes!

1-9: SL backyards, hecklers and chimeras
    10-15: Spirit camp in nacense
    16-20~: Hoathlans
    21-30: Crippler cave
    31-40: Croakers/ Crippler cave dungeon
    41-65ish: Nacense Hecklers
    65ish-95ish: Mortiig camp in Spade
    95ish-150s:.... Elysium Hecklers [Pocket+ NT AOE caster or 75% of players on lft wont accept your Hecker TEAM invitation]
    150-160+ [gap]: Adonis Hecklers
    160+ - 220: Inferno Missions, no one either cares, or is unable to form Penumbra missions, which are essentially the same thing anyways.

Yes, it took a few years for players to find this optimal path, but from what I've seen from player "dynamics" these days, is that if the leveling spot isn't easy to get to /or/ doesn't offer at least an equal or greater experience reward over time, then they just stick to the traditional path. Matching the xp offered in the popular spots - in different locations may not be enough to stimulate players to explore other areas to progress their characters, so add an extra "something" that may make it worth their while to traverse there.

For froobs especially, Southern Foul Hills [or Plains, I can't remember atm] as well as a few other spots, offer some great experience rewards if the medusa camps were occupied like they once were. The problem is transportation, as well as the high risk vs. equal or lower reward [when being compared to the Mort Crater Cyborgs].

I'll stop my wall there, not sure if anyone will care to respond to it, but I'll keep my eyes open.
    Last edited by cube; Nov 12th, 2010 at 17:39:59.

Helloes!

That shop sucks. We need armor, weapons, implants and symbiants in that shop too. For a few extra bucks when buying a certain level toon we should be able to equip it decently as well. Since we will not need to farm xp or buff gear why should we do it for equipment? Those who buy toons on those other places buy them equipped already, if you want to compete with them, you need to do it right.

There is one thing I would like to know. If leveling and equipping toons becomes irrelevant, what kind of game is this? A crappy FPS?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I couldn't care less about most of this stuff, but please don't let the forum whiners win for removal of level boost. I've been playing for over 6 years, I've played every prof to over TL4 (in some cases multiple times), and if I want to pay WITH MY OWN MONEY to skip 199 levels, let me.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

you mean, if you're too lazy to do it like everyone else?

What is this I don't even

(no not the engi changes, the fact that now you now insert coin and get a high level character with gear, tokens etc)

So tell me, while we're at it, why beastloot etc isn't included? Most of the game can now be replaced with a credit card, what about the last few parts? There was a line and this has gone way beyond it.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

BEHOLD!! THE MIGHTY STRENGTH OF A PRE-LVLED 199 CHARACTER WITH NO EQUIPMENT, SYMBS, OR ITEMS OF ANY KIND!!

Wow... how unbalancing for the game

Make it usable once per account and if you delete that toon you can make another pre-lvled toon, maybe that will damp down the rising hysteria...
    Last edited by Deaconfrost; Nov 12th, 2010 at 17:41:59. Reason: cos
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Tokens:

Token packs will be available from the shop in different amounts. This is an item that has been long requested by the community as it represents a very significant time investment to most players. The end-game boards themselves will not be available and will still need to be obtained in the normal fashion.
    With tokens coming out of our ears now due to all the daily tasks (have almost 10k on the one char) I don't see this as a big deal anymore.

Victory Points:

A great many people enjoy PvP, while at the same time a great many people do not. Points will be available in the shop for those who would rather avoid the experience altogether. At the same time Basic OFAB armor pieces (not upgraded) will become Yes-Drop so can be sold by players with large surplus amounts of VP.
    So if you don't like PvP you have to pay real money to get decent VP? Ugh... If you really want to offer VP for real money please put more non-PvP VP into the game too. This one could put a real bad taste into the mouths of a lot of people as we really will be paying actual money for loot.

Basic OFAB losing the nodrop tag I can live with. Although will the terminals they're sold at lose their prof locks too?

Items not available NOW...but planned for in the future:

Time Limited Access (passes) to expansion content for free players.
    So after that period ends it goes back to being a regular fr00b account or is it like now where once it's tagged with expansion info it will never be fr00b again?

Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.
    Not loving this. Means we'll have more people that haven't the slightest clue what they're doing as they only started that lvl 199 char five minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    BEHOLD!! THE MIGHTY STRENGTH OF A PRE-LVLED 199 CHARACTER WITH NO EQUIPMENT, SYMBS, OR ITEMS OF ANY KIND!!

Wow... how unbalancing for the game
    you forgot the "might" of the creditseller

As i said in IRC, we're going to need a new name for "heck-noobs" now....

Store-noobs doesn't really have the right ring to it....
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    you mean, if you're too lazy to do it like everyone else?
    Some of us don't have every second of our lives to devote to this game, but would like to make new alts without going through all the pointless leveling bull**** for the 9000th time. Besides, buying a naked level 199 character is still going to mean a crapload of item grinding, nano rolling, and questing to even be halfway playable.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Not loving this. Means we'll have more people that haven't the slightest clue what they're doing as they only started that lvl 199 char five minutes ago.

No they wont, because as Means said you already have to have a 220 to have access to this "perk"
    Last edited by Deaconfrost; Nov 12th, 2010 at 17:48:54.
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    bump

then I wonder why you'd buy the level upper as you would still be spending that time on the item grinding, only you're a few bucks poorer

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that.
    I don't like it, and I won't use it (unless I absolutely have to).

What if everyone started doing so (would be a good income for FC)? What would the few newbies do? Who would they team? Let's face it: This game really isn't "solo-friendly" (might change in upcoming balance). FC had better have some long-term ideas they're not telling us... I'm almost ready to start protesting in Oslo...

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    "Not loving this. Means we'll have more people that haven't the slightest clue what they're doing as they only started that lvl 199 char five minutes ago..."

No they wont, because as Means said you already have to have a 220 to have access to this "perk"
    That doesn't mean you know how to exactly play a different profession.
    Thapetowner
    Hardcore
    Ilovetokill
    Critterz
    Awaaa

On second thought, I love this idea of preleveled toons.

It means I will have the Subway all for myself. Gonna strike it rich being the only person on shopping channel with "WTS Reng of teh nucleaus badalits".

Oh wait, thats prolly gonna be on teh shop too.

*sinks into depression*
    Gustatus similis pullus.

bumpy bump!

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast