Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

good option to include this shop

only stupid ppl or ppl with too much money will pay extra for a thing you can easily achieve ingame

it's a win win situation ^^

funcom and noobs get something, nothing will change for "normal" players

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I'm not going to go all high and mighty here and say that FC is wrong and that what they are doing is going to have e negative impact on the game in general.

I can however state my personal opinion and how it affects me on a personal level. There are a few to many "deal-breakers" in there for me. It's simply changing things too much for me and it's making the game feel different in a direction that I don't personally enjoy.

So I'm not going to continue if this is FC's plan for the future.

I hope the rest have fun with it though. Because that's what we are here for at the end of the day. FUN. So if people have fun with this then that's great. All I'm saying is that this is not my kind of fun so I'll try to find it elsewhere I guess.

*shrug*
    oh no, dont even think about it! It's friday, have a beer or six and write down everything you want to see different! Might want to edit when you sober up, but its get a load off your shoulders

Edit: and want to add: With the new shopping there are 2 companys that get a nice income next year, Volvo and Fun Com ... just ordered a new car, and soon a whole new line of 199 gimps!
    Last edited by haavarst; Nov 12th, 2010 at 18:11:32.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    if you back off the ledge for a sec you'll see you only get a naked 199 toon.
    Being able to purchase VP for cash (which can then be used to buy equipment from the OFAB shops) is hardly "naked."

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    As i said in IRC, we're going to need a new name for "heck-noobs" now....

Store-noobs doesn't really have the right ring to it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    how about stoobs?
    I was thinking Stubs.

Store-Nubs = Stubs, and well they'll only be doing part of the work, so it sort of fits as well
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by enfsatangirl View Post
    hi. means why dont u guys fix so that when we start a new character we can choose wish stuff we want on them and what level we want and all that , this game is getting so dam easy so its get real boring

as it is now when players powerlevels some of them dont learns how the characters works until they are 220 and with the crap u guys get out with the new store there will be alot more of this crap

iam close to cansel my accounts its a fun game but fc makes it ridiculous and i bet it will be worse then it is now before fc stops .
    You must have at least 1 character of level 220 to use this feature.
    And you haven't seen the price of it yet.
    I don't think there will be too many people that will use this function: paying for real money to level up.
    (now that i read again it actualy makes no sense at all what you are saying, i think you didn't read Means' post correctly)

I'm liking the changes i see here.
    The balance thing is going through great progress too. how many profs left to balance?
    This+Balance+new startup area+engine. AO will be played by many people i tell you
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I was thinking Stubs.

Store-Nubs = Stubs, and well they'll only be doing part of the work, so it sort of fits as well
    agreed, but it doesn't really fall into the noob-froob tradi(r)tion

<Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

On a more serious Note, I would probably cap it at the end of certain title levels, so boost to 49, boost to 99, boost to 149, boost to 189 and no more than that.

Also make sure they can only boost certain level characters as well, so for example, need to be level 10 before you can boost to 49, level 60 before you could boost to 99, level 110 before you could boost to 149, and 160 before you could boost to 189.

Just a few thoughts, would mean the people would need to play their characters a bit at each range to get something of a feel for them along the way and would stop anyone going from 1-200 in a few seconds.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Strange.
    How is selling VP not selling items? VPs are almost exclusively used to buy armor and weapons. Making the OFAB armor tradeable is great. Not so great is having a direct comparison for real money.
    This is, btw, what I refered to in the other discussion thread as "fixing content with the shop". Yes, the armors can be bought ( presumably from people with a good pvp toon and/or the right professions. Should be okay, considering the lack of sellable loot from pvp in general ) but the weapons are, at least for higher levels, far more important. Yet they still remain as "fun" to achieve for them PvP-deniers as today - with weapons being the most important PvM-aspect of Equipment.
    Basically that's a statement along the lines of "We fixed the PvM-VP gain. Now you can buy one half for credits and the other, more important half can be bought for more money."

Sorry, this is not good.

Tokens.. I don't care. I don't really like it but they are very easily obtained nowadays, so that is basically a non-issue.

Level packs: Don't care either. If they want to powerlevel a toon they are as "help" to any newcomer as if they'd just started. Plus it will possibly be expensive enough that you just won't buy all your twinks that way.

Reset Points, XP stims and the like: Fine by me, because there are ways to play the game comfortably without them. Re-read the VP section to get the comparison. LE missions and/or hours of non-fun activity ( like farming 2 times 18.000 VPs on the BS ) are not a comfortable way to gain VP.

Stuff like the limited expansion-passes are great ideas. Would the character in question be able to attain for example AXP or VP/Research and subsequently loose the benefits of the perks/procs/access to VP items once the pass runs out or would he just be able to join the fight and do some sight-seeing?

Main concern: Points and their use.
    Currently we have quite a sum of points and are able to spend it on any character once a certain amount is transfered. That means we can create a char just to test the looks of that Phasefront-item. We won't also gripe the decision of buying said item once we decide that this lvl 64 MA has to go for another toon, given the amount of character slots we have.
    We will get 20% extra points in the future ( Once? For every subsequent payment-bonus? ) to offset the change that we'll use the points directly from our account. Which would mean that we've up to 8 times less but get 20% extra afterwards.
    I really liked the idea of a store where I can invest my money for each of my characters. It seemed so ... fair.
    Well, wait and see what the prices will be.
    Lotro gives me 500 points/month as a bonus to my subscription, which roughly equals 4-5€. One month of AO gives 50 points, if I remember correctly. Multiple month payment plans give more, sure, but not that more. Not even twice.

I'm concerned. :/
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    /SNIP
    Well said Wrangeline.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

It seems to me that someone is intentionally trying to kill off this game...

No longer do we see crowds of people waiting to join BS in Bor or wherever, they're now zoned elsewhere to wait in the same queues. Funcom spent money and resources on this but obviously didn't spend the time to think about what it looks like to the newbie... Less people in Bor, ICC or wherever, the game looks a little emptier.

Funcom spend money and resources on the new dailies. Great, except for the fact that most people do them solo, there's not enough of an incentive to do them in teams. So, to the newbie it looks like everyone's playing solo (atleast for an hour or two a day).

Money and resources thrown at a new in game browser where its proposed we will be able to buy levels.

What's this going to look like to the newbie? Really, who would buy a level 50 toon when for a couple of dollars more you could buy a level 199 toon?

So, the newbie comes to play AO, but wait, the cities in this MMORPG are looking a little empty and when people are found they're 199+ bought toons. To the newbie it looks like theres not many people playing, you spend a month or two playing to get your 220 then after that you just buy the other 13 professions. No point learning to play, hey, if Funcom sell 199 toons, ofcourse they'll sell IP resets. Really, is removing the need to play going to be the best thing for this game?

Really, Funcom, sort it out for the sake of a few extra dollars. Try looking at the bigger picture... your greed is killing this game!

Quote Originally Posted by odds91 View Post
    The development team needs viable FEEDBACK by the way. Saying "this #@$%ing sucks @#$% mother@#$% is not leaving them anything to work with. Sheesh.. -_-
    Ok.

We need more new players PLAYING THE GAME, not to make them run away even more. A PAID game, that is already expensive (even compared with more recent games), dated, difficult to learn, and very newby unfriendly needs incentives for older players to continue playing the game and new players to like it. This can be accomplished by making the leveling experience fun for all. Fixing bugs, creating varied content accessible and rewarding for all kinds of players (from the quad logging veteran to the clueless soloing noob) at all levels should be the primary goals. Second in importance comes shinies and balances and stuff. Shops with funny stuff for RL monies are neutrally unimportant and selling premade toons to lazy veterans who dont want to play the game is a very bad idea. It makes a game with an arrogant and lazy elite even worst.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Being able to purchase VP for cash (which can then be used to buy equipment from the OFAB shops) is hardly "naked."
    lol... so let me get this straight, if PVPERs with hundreds of thousands of VP (that NONPVPERS dont have and have no reasonable expectation of EVER attaining) buy OFAB armor and sell/give it to alts thats ok...

But buying VP and then having the temerity to spend that VP on items for a 199 pre-lvled toon is game destroying?

Try again...
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

I think the services look alright.

Don't see why people are so upset about level packs. We already pay a lot of money for subscriptions, many people for two or more. I would assume a level pack won't be cheap either. Seing how fast levelling is already, I don't see why a lot of people would buy this, and if it happens, will you really notice much of a difference compared to the current state with kite hill and so on (for those concerned about players not knowing how to play their profession)?

Robbing PFs of players for people new to the game to team with? Non issue. Kite hill already does that too, as has been mentioned all over on the topic of powerlevelling, most PFs are very empty as it is.

If a veteran player decides he want to pay up even more than he's already doing to get an instant twink or a new high level, I say let him. The benefit is more money to development.
    RK2
    Vixi - Opifex Shade - 220 / 30 / 70 e
    Teborix - Solitus Soldier - 150 / 20 / 42 e
    Sylex - Opifex Fixer - 150 / 19 / 40 e

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    lol... so let me get this straight, if PVPERs with hundreds of thousands of VP (that NONPVPERS dont have and have no reasonable expectation of EVER attaining) buy OFAB armor and sell/give it to alts thats ok...
    another bad change, thanks for that. the nodrop tags are there for a reason >.<

It`s all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Ok.

We need more new players PLAYING THE GAME, not to make them run away even more. A PAID game, that is already expensive (even compared with more recent games), dated, difficult to learn, and very newby unfriendly needs incentives for older players to continue playing the game and new players to like it. This can be accomplished by making the leveling experience fun for all. Fixing bugs, creating varied content accessible and rewarding for all kinds of players (from the quad logging veteran to the clueless soloing noob) at all levels should be the primary goals. Second in importance comes shinies and balances and stuff. Shops with funny stuff for RL monies are neutrally unimportant and selling premade toons to lazy veterans who dont want to play the game is a very bad idea. It makes a game with an arrogant and lazy elite even worst.
    Ah its Lusos again, lol. Hey Lusos how "lazy" have I been (arrogant I stand guilty as charged ) to get all those toons I have? Oh wait, now you'll shift the goalposts again and say that ppl with lots of accts and toons are (fill in the blank)... lmao
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

So i can pay real money to buy VP's. Then sell armor and nanos with those VP's to get credits.
    After the initial rush where people unload millions of their victory points it might worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    You must have at least 1 character of level 220 to use this feature.
    And you haven't seen the price of it yet.
    I don't think there will be too many people that will use this function: paying for real money to level up.
    (now that i read again it actualy makes no sense at all what you are saying, i think you didn't read Means' post correctly)

I'm liking the changes i see here.
    The balance thing is going through great progress too. how many profs left to balance?
    This+Balance+new startup area+engine. AO will be played by many people i tell you

i understand what he was saying but i gess u dident

they are making so that u can power level a character to 199 and put on basic ofab armor and buy tokens vps if u like that fine but i dont .

and what i was saying is that they can just fix so that we can choose evry thing on the characters when we start a new one . then they dont need to do more in the game ever just sit and watch when the game dies
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 13th, 2010 at 10:28:03.

/me wonders how long it'll be before FC starts credselling

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast