Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

I dont enjoy PvP so i must PAY REAL MONEY to avoid it.

the phrase "BITE MEH!" comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    another bad change, thanks for that. the nodrop tags are there for a reason >.<
    Yeah to lock NONPVPERS out of an expansion that they paid for... Do you realize that NONPVPERS pay for this game as well? Do you realize NONPVPERS were stuck with aliumz weapons because the expansion they BOUGHT did not give a viable way for NONPVPERS to gain enough VP to ever purchase an OFAB weap? Did you ever think it might have been a tad unfair to make me wait for THE NEXT EXPANSION to get an upgraded weapon? Cmon...
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Two comments, overall I think this is very nice:

1) Buyable levels. I agree 100% with what someone earlier in the thread posted. Buyable levels are much more palatable to me if there are forced breaks where the person actually goes out and learns their profession for 5-10 levels.

2) Buyable VP. I would much rather see a rework of OFAB and Tier armor, so that Tier armor is the best for PvM and OFAB is the best for PvP. Then PvM folks wouldn't be forced into PvP, and I think the buyable VP is much more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Two comments, overall I think this is very nice:

1) Buyable levels. I agree 100% with what someone earlier in the thread posted. Buyable levels are much more palatable to me if there are forced breaks where the person actually goes out and learns their profession for 5-10 levels.

2) Buyable VP. I would much rather see a rework of OFAB and Tier armor, so that Tier armor is the best for PvM and OFAB is the best for PvP. Then PvM folks wouldn't be forced into PvP, and I think the buyable VP is much more palatable.
    Wow someone who gets it, PVMERS shouldnt be forced to PVP! BRAVO!
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    I dont enjoy PvP so i must PAY REAL MONEY to avoid it.

the phrase "BITE MEH!" comes to mind.
    Or you could just buy ofab off a pvper. I actually like the fact that BS might generate cred income, tho I dread to think of 4capping VP farmers...
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) E - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) E - Sheffsammy (200/0 NT) E - Sheffie (200/0 Trader) E - Sheffix (200/0 Fixer) E
    Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) Crit - Nabcake (220/30/70 NT) Cheap & Effective - Sheff (220/30/67 Agent) Equip Undecided
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

they couldve made buying vp and tokens something to do with ingame money through some underground/illegal smuggler thing/quest. buying these things for money is just dumb.

on one hand, im liking the new changes they are doing to AO mainly because it makes the game less of a grind which will make new players stay longer.

on the other hand, they are making the game too easy and casual for my tastes.

I hope the special edition ofab helmet and rings will be yes-drop so i can buy them with all the VP i have on my endgame chars for my alts.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    Yeah to lock NONPVPERS out of an expansion that they paid for... Do you realize that NONPVPERS pay for this game as well? Do you realize NONPVPERS were stuck with aliumz weapons because the expansion they BOUGHT did not give a viable way for NONPVPERS to gain enough VP to ever purchase an OFAB weap? Did you ever think it might have been a tad unfair to make me wait for THE NEXT EXPANSION to get an upgraded weapon? Cmon...
    which is why they should up the LE mish reward, not make them buyable

Thumbs down

Buyable VP?? Yes kill Battlestations even futher than at the moment...
    Buyable levels??? Not even bothering to comment on this one....
    Buyable tokens ???? If you want to make the game easymode (not that it has ANY challenge atm anyway...) why won't you just add option to buy 220 endgame setuped character?

which is why they should up the LE mish reward, not make them buyable
    lol... Thats only been asked for since LE launced btw, obviously its not going to happen

But thanks for agreeing with the fact that as LE is currently constructed it is completely 100% unfair to NONPVPERS !

you forgot the "might" of the creditseller
    But that is not FC. From FC all you get is the basic stripped 50/100/150/199 toon. And please this is not game breaking as in this very thread it is clearly stated that you can be 200 in 3 days from power leveling.

So the difference is that someone sat AFK for 3 days vice just buying it. In both cases they have the chance to be utter noobs at the chosen class.

Now I do like the idea of an instance 150/199 MP for nano buffage. In fact I would pay to have my buffing toons instantly. Just enough gear to cast the buffs and then they can sit in the backyard forever. Yep beats the crap of spamming shopping and OOC for buffs. So FC will make some money off me just for the buff toons alone.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by brbcoffee View Post
    If a veteran player decides he want to pay up even more than he's already doing to get an instant twink or a new high level, I say let him. The benefit is more money to development.
    Exactly.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

NONPVPERS !
    This term is a joke in itself considering the game is based around player conflict.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

But thanks for agreeing with the fact that as LE is currently constructed it is completely 100% unfair to NONPVPERS !
    well yes, that IS a fact. but force them to pay real money for it?? come on!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Time Limited Access (passes) to expansion content for free players.

Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.
    I'm sure someone's probably mentioned this already, but I think this would be a great idea IF it is included as a Veteran Point purchase. Vet Points are the real measure of how long someone has been subscribed and playing, and those are the folks who should be given more leeway in time spent grinding to a given level. I'm okay with offering it as a $ service, but it really should be acquirable through VetPts as well.

(yes, this is me speaking as someone who has played since launch, but doesn't have a 220 character yet and will not likely in any forseeable future due to time constraints, so I won't get to utilize these boosts either way)
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Funcom employee

..or buy VP items from pvp'ers for credits.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Dark, I already PAID MONEY for the expansion! That Im locked out of most of the content cos I dont PVP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ..or buy VP items from pvp'ers for credits.
    who will probably all think "hey let's make a nice profit", and so nobody will be able to afford them

Dark, I already PAID MONEY for the expansion! That Im locked out of most of the content cos I dont PVP!!
    my point, though differently phrased

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    This term is a joke in itself considering the game is based around player conflict.
    err lol, spare me the rp please... I play this game to PVM

To say AO is based on PVP is absurd, errr Shadowlands? No PVP. Alien Content? No PVP. Xan Content? Never seen ppl PVP in 12Man...

who will probably all think "hey let's make a nice profit", and so nobody will be able to afford them
    I predict there will be way more VPs than demand. I've given away plenty of VP nanos for free, and I'm not even an very active pvper. I would fully expect it to be a buyers market.
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) E - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) E - Sheffsammy (200/0 NT) E - Sheffie (200/0 Trader) E - Sheffix (200/0 Fixer) E
    Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) Crit - Nabcake (220/30/70 NT) Cheap & Effective - Sheff (220/30/67 Agent) Equip Undecided
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast