Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ..or buy VP items from pvp'ers for credits.
    actually i think that's a more interesting idea - it'd be nice if VP itself was tradeable, at least that is part of in-game culture and not some kooky metashop transaction.

this comes from someone who hasn't earned enough VP to buy all her fancy special edition stuff, and might not ever earn it (certainly not in battlestations)
    Last edited by Biancha; Nov 12th, 2010 at 21:38:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffsammie View Post
    Or you could just buy ofab off a pvper. I actually like the fact that BS might generate cred income, tho I dread to think of 4capping VP farmers...
    And here was me thinking that FC where trying to STOP the selling of creds from third party sources.

Making the OFAB armour more easily avalable at all level ranges where the BS levels may not run so frequently IS a good thing if you are looking at it with blinkers on, blinding you from the methods needed to obtain it at these levels.
    For characters in these levels this creats yet another cred sink and without knowing the kinds of cred sticker the pvp'ers put on thier vp (you can bet it wont be cheap) those creds will need to come from somewhere.

the real trick will come down to how much it costs to buy xxxx amout of vp from FC and how much it costs to buy creds for xxxx amount of items from the third party sellers, while keeping in mind that those creds can also be used to buy other goods as well as just ofab armour.

While at the same time giving the cred sellers another source of "cred farming".

I hope all you 220 pvp types are looking forward to having a bunch of naked, power leveled 215 neuts mostly afk in BS swapping sides to who ever seems to be winnig at the time to farm vp they can then sell on.

all round bad idea for everyone, if you want to make the pvm folks happy and not force them in to a pvp grind they are going to hate, give them a viable pvm alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    Never seen ppl PVP in 12Man...
    you're not paying attention then ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    who will probably all think "hey let's make a nice profit", and so nobody will be able to afford them
    competition will see to that. u realise some PVPers have literally millions of unused VPs and will happily make a quick buck if they can? it's called demand and supply; why concrete cushions don't sell the same as igocs.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Tokens for money... cant say I care as there are lots of ways to get tokens.

Pre-leveled toons... doesnt bother me really as there is an alternative.

VP for money... very slippery slope that allows people to convert money to creds.
    I am all for alternatives to PvP for VP but this seems to greatly favour PvPers (unless lots of people buy their VP and leave the BSs empty ).

For what its worth as feedback, I would not spend rl money on VP and I wouldnt be particularly happy to be disadvantaged versus people who are prepared to do so.

Never seen ppl PVP in 12Man...
    You can if you don't stop attacking after being possessed by the xan. Me and Toasting have done that on occasion.
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) E - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) E - Sheffsammy (200/0 NT) E - Sheffie (200/0 Trader) E - Sheffix (200/0 Fixer) E
    Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) Crit - Nabcake (220/30/70 NT) Cheap & Effective - Sheff (220/30/67 Agent) Equip Undecided
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

Quote Originally Posted by uaintseenme View Post
    leveled 215 neuts mostly afk
    !

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I'm sure someone's probably mentioned this already, but I think this would be a great idea IF it is included as a Veteran Point purchase. Vet Points are the real measure of how long someone has been subscribed and playing, and those are the folks who should be given more leeway in time spent grinding to a given level. I'm okay with offering it as a $ service, but it really should be acquirable through VetPts as well.

(yes, this is me speaking as someone who has played since launch, but doesn't have a 220 character yet and will not likely in any forseeable future due to time constraints, so I won't get to utilize these boosts either way)
    I like the idea of Passes for Vet Points also. As for Level Packs...maybe lower ones.

PS: Do some daillies to level, they usually don't take much time.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    well yes, that IS a fact. but force them to pay real money for it?? come on!
    No-ones forcing me to do anything, Im a big boy and if I WANT to buy VP why shouldnt I be able to?

How about a VP counter ? Like if you've got 50k VP or w/e you cant use the service. My MA that I did WEEKS of LE mishes on has a whopping 8k VP before I quit in disgust lol. Since I'm obviously not a pvper why not let me buy VP for the stuff I need?

Lock out the PVPERS since they are the ones who dont want it anyway (because they dont need it like NONPVPERS do)...
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Went to testlive, the items aren't in the items shop (still just an image of a trox) but here's some of the new items in the DB.

"Replica" OFAB, AI, Beast, etc... armour for social.

Token Package: 100
    Token Package: 250
    Token Package: 500
    Token Package: 1000
    Token Package: 2000

Victory Points Package: 5000
    Victory Points Package: 10000
    Victory Points Package: 25000
    Victory Points Package: 50000
    Victory Points Package: 100000

IP Reset Package: One Point
    IP Reset Package: Five Points
    IP Reset Package: Ten Points

Selling prof tools for real money with no listed prof locks:
    Crat tool:
    Portable Bank Terminal
    Portable Bank Terminal - Seven Days
    Trader tool:
    Portable GMS Terminal
    Portable GMS Terminal - Seven Days
    Grid nanos:
    Instant Grid Conversion Beacon

Ok, now a ways back Means expressed concern about taking away from the toolset of some profs by putting an exit at the end of an empty mission area. But I guess selling that tool and others that anyone can use for real money is perfectly fine then?

Buffs:
    Composite Mochams (2h)
    BEHE
    Trader/Engineer Dustbrigade quest line composite TS buffs (Ok, scratch these two. FC made a mistake adding them apparently.)

There's plenty of others and those like BEHE are ok I guess. Although Composite Mochams seems a bit much.

If every (non upgraded) VP item was tradeable I'd agree somewhat. Only somewhat because we can trace a nice price for those items when comparing the VP-$ ratio you folks have in mind. With credsellers we can estimate the $-cred price and voila, we have a "fair" price. Obviously not everyone will handle it that way.
    I'm honestly fine with people paying for their VP as long as there are fair and fun ways to gain said VPs ingame. PvPing for them is fun for those who do like the Battlestations (like me), buying them for creds is surprisingly unfun, almost as unfun as doing LE missions for them. Making them tradeable is good, giving folks at least some realistic perspective to attain them in Non-PvP ways would be far better on top of that.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Intresting, but now I made my Trader for nothing
    Unless.... wait... wait for it... trader are also moving in the same direction as engies

oh wait... ARGH!!!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffsammie View Post
    You can if you don't stop attacking after being possessed by the xan. Me and Toasting have done that on occasion.
    Sheffy? I stand corrected
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

I like the idea of replica armor sets, since most of the time we don't use a full set of anything (most are mix of AI and Ofab armor), so being able to have a matching set of something in social will be nice.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I'm slightly confused by the fact that people are screaming about LE being a PvP centric expansion with little to no PvM content when it was in fact marketed as such. This goes along the same lines as how LoX was marketed as a high end expansion with no low level content.

The fact that there are no multiple options for acquiring Ofab equipment through the LE mission farming, BS, buying them off the market and buying them through the store seems more then reasonable to me. Maybe I'm just missing something though.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Trader/Engineer Dustbrigade quest line TS buff are self only endgame buffs.
    Crap, you're right - Coulda sworn those said "target" on 'em (this is what i get for doing item creation at 2am ><). As was said in Means's post, we don't want to give out buffs that are self-only, so those will definitely not end up in the shop. Cheers for picking up on that. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Ah its Lusos again, lol. Hey Lusos how "lazy" have I been (arrogant I stand guilty as charged ) to get all those toons I have? Oh wait, now you'll shift the goalposts again and say that ppl with lots of accts and toons are (fill in the blank)... lmao
    So you have a lot of toons. You "worked" hard for them and dont want to "work" anymore? Good for you. There are games where the "work" part doesnt exist. You log on and play. They belong to the generic category of "Games you didnt play yet and may have fun trying out". I suggest you give them a shot. I for my part would never touch a game where I have to work for something. I much rather prefer games where I can just find something fun to do.

And yes, people who just want to sit comfortably on the couch and do the same easy things over and over again without guts to face challenges or novelty are lazy in my book. VERY lazy.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys
    competition will see to that. u realise some PVPers have literally millions of unused VPs and will happily make a quick buck if they can? it's called demand and supply; why concrete cushions don't sell the same as igocs.
    Yes, at the beginning. The Ofab stuff is expensive, plus they may be used for levelling alts. I think demand will stay up longer than the supply. And once people start farming them they'll have quite the interest in getting a good margin for their time.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Selling prof tools for real money
    Crat:
    Portable Bank Terminal
    Portable Bank Terminal - Seven Days
    Trader:
    Portable GMS Terminal
    Portable GMS Terminal - Seven Days
    Profs with grid nanos:
    Instant Grid Conversion Beacon

Ok, now a ways back Means expressed concern about taking away from the toolset of some profs by putting an exit at the end of an empty mission area. But I guess selling that tool and others for real money is perfectly fine.
    I believe these are already available and in game for those professions, the shop bought ones look like they're just a more convenient way of getting access to them.

Honestly from what you've said you make as much sense comparing Apples to RPG's.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Whealer View Post
    I'm slightly confused by the fact that people are screaming about LE being a PvP centric expansion with little to no PvM content when it was in fact marketed as such. This goes along the same lines as how LoX was marketed as a high end expansion with no low level content.

The fact that there are no multiple options for acquiring Ofab equipment through the LE mission farming, BS, buying them off the market and buying them through the store seems more then reasonable to me. Maybe I'm just missing something though.
    Well the problem is the exact same thing Means said at the beginning of this thread. They dont want to sell "power" items that give ppl an unfair advantage. Now if LE content was only USABLE in PVP that would be fine. But it wasnt. OFAB armor and Weapons were superior to the PVM weapons and armor in the game already, and were usable in PVM. Voila instant unbalance for NONPVPERS who also bought the expansion.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast