Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Soldier Nano Changes!

Funcom employee New Soldier Nano Changes!

In the second of our released nano documents for today, we have Soldiers up on deck! I won't waste your time with a big intro speech here, so let's get started with a brief rundown of what you can expect in the document:

Reflect Changes:

Soldiers will now always be able to run their basic reflect nanos - These will no longer be over-written by their emergency reflect nanos (AMS/TMS).

The Soldier AMS buffs now have a heal-delta buff attached; this buff will last 3x as long as the AMS buff itself.

The maximum amount of reflect Soldiers can now receives is 80% - Reflect will be removed from items in the future to remove scenarios where players have been able to receive over 100% reflect values.

Base reflect auras have been improved. When AMS/TMS is down, Soldiers will have more total reflect amount than currently available.

Reflect amount given to others in targeted buffs have been slightly improved. These are now equal to the same values given by Engineers (post-rebalancing).

The total amount of time AMS/TMS could be running on a Soldier prior to the rebalancing was 66% of the Soldier's playtime. This has been reduced to 50%.

Health Buffs: Soldiers have received new self-health buffs, equaling approximately 4000 more total maximum HP at the highest levels. Soldiers are now equal to Enforcers at buffing others with health.

New Short-Term Emergency HoT: This nano will, at highest level, give back 60% of the Soldier's HP, but on the nano's end it will take *away* 30% of the Soldier's health during two one-second ticks. During this time the Soldier's reflects will be set to 0. Local cooldown on this nano is 3 minutes. This nano is in the same stacking line as the Fixer short-term HoT and will overwrite nanos within that line.

AC Buffs: Improved slightly. Phalanx has been turned into a single-target buff and will no longer effect the Soldier's entire team.

Sabotage Healing: No longer effects the Fixer long-term HoT. This line will remove additional healing lines in the future. (as we're still working out what all the new healing lines will be for the rebalancing, this will be added after additional documents/professions have been finalized)

Taunting: Soldier taunt values are overall not as efficient as Enforcers, but still powerful. New "Taunt over Time" nano line has been added which may be cast on multiple targets, allowing the Soldier to manage aggro in PvM situations and tank multiple opponents.

Init Buffs: This nanoline no longer buffs initiative types that Soldiers do not use (Nano Init, Melee Init, Physical Init).

Add-All Offense Buffs: Condensed into one nanoline; total amount of AAO buffed remains the same. This line is now placed into the same stacking line as Bureaucrat and Keeper AAO auras.

Weapon/Specials Buffs: SMG and Fling Shot buffs added.

Damage Buffs: Rubi-Ka damage buffs have been improved.

Team "Fight" Auras: These team nanos now include any damage-add properties which were removed from other nanolines.

General Notes: Nanos have had their nanoskill requirements adjusted lower to make it easier to cast programs without being forced to swap gear. As with other professions, all auras in the future (if level-based) will check the level of everyone in the team and cast the appropriate nano.

And there ya go! Lots of stuff to pour over and discuss, and both Genele and myself will be hanging out in the Balance Discussion forums over the next bit to answer any questions we're able. Hope you guys enjoy the changes, and we look forward to hearing your feedback. Cheers!

Soldier Nano Document - Excel Format
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

and here too ;p
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Add-All Offense Buffs: Condensed into one nanoline; total amount of AAO buffed remains the same. This line is now placed into the same stacking line as Bureaucrat and Keeper AAO auras.

wtf?

Init Buffs: This nanoline no longer buffs initiative types that Soldiers do not use (Nano Init, Melee Init, Physical Init).

dunno why this change.. was usefull for team m8s and... dun tell me soldiers dun need Nano init when theres so many - init debuffs out there.

- if i understand it correct: crat aura will overwrite our AAO buff?

other changes.. seems ok for me so far/need testing.
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

So how are we going to cast our hots when we are drained into negative nanoskills so easily?

You train Notum Repulsor, now when your nano skill reqs are lowered?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

no more negative nanoskill during TMS/AMS... and a 6% HP per 3 sec hot ?

btw, 30k HP, 6% every 3s is not 100 HP/sec... it's 600 HP/sec
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Does the heal efficiency nemesis debuff depend on soldier or target nano init?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Is this a joke? Soldiers are now going to HP buffs and better reflects! Emergency HoT?!

This is not balance. All the other docs have shown vast improvements by streamlining profs with the exception of the enforcer nerfing.

This looks to me to be making Soldiers more over powered than they currently are.

The 80% tms/ams is better but good god their whole defenses are going to break into sustainable higher reflects while being able to be on par with enforcers in HP!

Your making reflects bigger while lower AMS which is balancing but then giving a HP delta buff which looks like its oging ot make up for the lower of AMS %.
    Total net gain = BETTER REFLECTS

I don't like the looks of this at all.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

The nemesis nano looks interresting, however i'm interpretating it as it depends on OUR nanoinit too see how much it debuffs, that would not make a lot of sence, it would make more sence to check the TARGETS nanoinit since healers tend to have a lot of that.

No name of the burst buff above RC in document btw
    still to much of a big jump between best and second best damage buff on nanoskills to be worth investing in imo.
    1370 mm vs 1500 mm
    for +149 vs +157 dd.

Also not too thrilled abot 80 sec (!) cooldown on ams5, but it seems like we can cast stuff with ams is up, so that's good.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

BTW, why is there no damage reduction (de)buff, when HoT is active along with AMS?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Looks nice! When can I buy one?
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Punishment for having higher skills seems kinda... lame... seems this is what the new nemesis nanos are all about now hmmm

So. Additional concerns as follows:

- AMS/TMS line nano costs halved and cast times at 1 second. Init debuffs will be no offense anymore, neither will nano drainage, so surviving one or two cycles won't mean you'll be able to prevent them from casting.
    - No more nano skill shutdown from AMS/TMS. Able to use a -30% to -100% heal debuff, checking MC and MM as offensive skills, and 50% nano resist as defense. Duration 10 seconds, nano cost not-so-steep 1100. A lot depends on if this is "spammable until lands" or "lockout at first try". Additionally there are other heal blockers that may or may not share the lockout.

So what's with other professions receiving hugely increased nano costs, while the soldiers get 'em halved in combat nanos?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Punishment for having higher skills seems kinda... lame... seems this is what the new nemesis nanos are all about now hmmm
    I assume that the reasoning is while having higher skills means you get a bigger debuff then if you had lower, you'll still be casting faster that should result in a more average healing amount (so lower speed you cast slower, heal more, higher skill you heal faster but heal less)

of course when it gets to 100% this limits it to only those that have +heal effic boosts, and of course it all depends on how valuable casting heals faster will be after rebalance.

The same sort of goes for the engineer one, slower you are, longer it takes for the bomb to go off meaning you have longer to get away, but at higher runspeed you'll move away faster but it goes off faster.

i'll wait testing to pronounce on new reflect balance implemented here.

overall, what i find cool is the new PVM options given to soldiers (HP, taunt/detaunt), and ofc the simpler gameplay proposed to these actions dude preferring as fewer button to press as possible

ps : this is a joke, no pun intended.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    of course when it gets to 100% this limits it to only those that have +heal effic boosts, and of course it all depends on how valuable casting heals faster will be after rebalance.
    You know, it would be nice if for once they made heal eff debuffs not stackable. This one only has a 10 second duration so it's not that bad. gonna be interesting which perks will still be affected by heal eff. Currently it would make doctors BGHs and I believe keepers heal perks quite useless.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

New Short-Term Emergency HoT: This nano will, at highest level, give back 60% of the Soldier's HP, but on the nano's end it will take *away* 30% of the Soldier's health during two one-second ticks. During this time the Soldier's reflects will be set to 0. Local cooldown on this nano is 3 minutes. This nano is in the same stacking line as the Fixer short-term HoT and will overwrite nanos within that line.

Weapon/Specials Buffs: SMG and Fling Shot buffs added.

How long will the Emergency Hot last? Its counterproductive to be holding ur own in a long fight, just to lose 30% and die to ur own Hot ending. (Unless Im reading this wrong?)

How much SMG will be added? Will it bring SMG base AR equal to Assault Rifle?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    How long will the Emergency Hot last? Its counterproductive to be holding ur own in a long fight, just to lose 30% and die to ur own Hot ending. (Unless Im reading this wrong?)

How much SMG will be added? Will it bring SMG base AR equal to Assault Rifle?

As far as the HoT i kind of agree. we May as well just get the 30% HP right away instead of 60 and losing 30. as far as SMGs go it seems it's going to fill in the same AR gab that AOP gives. check out the nano sheet.

So basically you should be long gone when the HoT dies... I like it ^^

Really makes it a last resort kinda thing..

Over all some really nice changes... Shorter AMS and lower reflects during AMS tho... hmmm but more HP and HD so.. meh... Time will tell ^^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast