Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Soldier Nano Changes!

45% reflects now when AMS is down, instead of 43%.. hardly an improvement especially if you plan to remove the reflect AC off the ofab back piece.

Also.. Improved Precognition is being thrown out? Why? That nano enables unique setups in soldiers. Without it we are all being forced into cookie cutter AAO setups.

Nano Init buff removed from Offensive steam roller? what the eff, of course we use nano init. I have a QL 300 infused viral compiler in my equip ffs. Put it back please?

And the new short term emergency hot. It will heal 60% slowly, then drain 60% instantly. If we are in-combat, i sense we are going to suicide ourselves with this emergency hot. How about lowering the total % healed a little, and remove the suicide portion of the HoT?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    And the new short term emergency hot. It will heal 60% slowly, then drain 60% instantly. If we are in-combat, i sense we are going to suicide ourselves with this emergency hot. How about lowering the total % healed a little, and remove the suicide portion of the HoT?
    It's 60% of hp, then 30% taken back, not 60.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    It's 60% of hp, then 30% taken back, not 60.
    Ah. I was under the impression it gave 60% hp, then took 30% hp in two ticks. Meaning, 30% then another 30%.
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Does the heal efficiency nemesis debuff depend on soldier or target nano init?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    How long will the Emergency Hot last? Its counterproductive to be holding ur own in a long fight, just to lose 30% and die to ur own Hot ending. (Unless Im reading this wrong?)
    It's to give us 30 seconds longer to win a fight, not as a stop-gap to be used between AMS cycles.

How much SMG will be added? Will it bring SMG base AR equal to Assault Rifle?
    The SMGs buffs follow the 45, 70, 100, 150 formula of the other buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

[QUOTE=Marinegent;5891239]
    Also.. Improved Precognition is being thrown out? Why? That nano enables unique setups in soldiers. Without it we are all being forced into cookie cutter AAO setups.
    [QUOTE]

wow i didnt notice this one.. ok this seriously sux for many of us .. its compleatly WTF nerf.. same as removing -nano init from OS. noone asked for it.. its not OP and yet u remove it .. lol
    Last edited by vesper; Nov 12th, 2010 at 20:01:32.
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

Quote Originally Posted by marinegent View Post
    Also.. Improved precognition is being thrown out? Why? That nano enables unique setups in soldiers. Without it we are all being forced into cookie cutter aao setups.
    lol
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

these 'control' nanos are pretty nifty.they are helping us expand our variety.
    i feel like we lost more add dmg than was put into gazump and the other fight nanos. but then again i read this really quick on my phone

So basically

Soldiers AMS has been nerfed from 120 secs to 40 secs, with (probably) lower reflects and a what 2400 hp hot over 80 seconds?

Soldiers get Behe....

Soldiers get a weird HOT that has a good chance of killing you a few seconds later in the event that you win a fight.

It smells su****iously like a fairly large nerf to me. The devil is of course in the detail.

The HoT can't kill you, if you're under the HP threshold it'll reduce your HP to 1. Different show if you have DoTs running, of course.
    The top one hits for 15% health, two times. I envisioned the double-hit is because PvP dmg is halved, so it would be a 60% heal with 15% cost, instead of 30%.

As for the issue of the nanocosts, someone raised: 1100 Nano is still a substantial amount of most soldier's nanopools. We don't get real Nanodelta, even aquiring Healdelta is a loss. Concerning the spamability of cooldown-nanos: I think the cooldown will kick in even if the Nano is countered.

For the future: I'd hoped to see one or two additional infight nanos, just for a more fun gameplay. Like reworking the old single-target add dmg buffs ( which still seem to not stack with the auras ) into bigger add dmg buffs with a shortish duration and higher cooldown. Especially now that we can use Nanos besides PM ones infight. Which only constitutes in the Heal-Line (and our 4h duration buffs).
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    I envisioned the double-hit is because PvP dmg is halved, so it would be a 60% heal with 15% cost, instead of 30%.
    No, it's two 15% percent hits for a total of 30%.

As for the issue of the nanocosts, someone raised: 1100 Nano is still a substantial amount of most soldier's nanopools.
    It's an emergency button, not something to be used constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Not sure of 1100 nanocost is connected to what nano. the only thing is i see that is near it is ams 5 and even then, that is before caps. Not to mention without having to raise BM. we get a lot of IP returned.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Does the heal efficiency nemesis debuff depend on soldier or target nano init?
    Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Yes.
    Thank you for an extremely useless answer to an either-or question.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Im certain its target nano-init ero, same with engineer one being target runspeed.

This based on the way the other nano's with certain quantifiers are working (namely buffs that buff lower versions depending on level)

So tell me again why soldiers get a higher single taunt than mongo and only 3k less than iEoM in addition to 15k FA taunt and why they should be buffing the same amount of hp as enforcers?
    Last edited by Kopecz; Nov 12th, 2010 at 22:37:56.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    So tell me again why soldiers get a higher single taunt than mongo and only 3k less than iEoM in addition to 15k FA taunt and why they should be buffing the same amount of hp as enforcers?
    Soldiers could be the single target ideal tanks and enforcers for add management. Nothing wrong with that.

Because they were not viable enough at end game encounters. Oh, wait...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Because with a 40 sec AMS instead of 120sec they will be taking a ****load more damage? 5k HP will be less than 1 hit without AMS up, so the buff is a sop to make out we got something to counter the AMS nerf.

Or because there wont be any enforcers left around after their rebalancing?

Take your pick.

Either way i really see no point in these changes and i would also like answers to your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldiers could be the single target ideal tanks and enforcers for add management. Nothing wrong with that.
    I suppose I can buy soldier as boss tank or something like that, but in the name of balance, this makes soldiers even more likely to get teams than before. Now you won't even need to swap targets to get agg off the poor noob who attacks the wrong mob.

On top of that, who needs enforcers for hp buffs now? Why do you need the enforcer at all except for raids (debatable) when the soldier 1) buffs just as much hp as well as other buffs more useful than absorbs 2) has multiple target aggro tools after rebalance and 3) does more damage? I just don't see the balance in that even if enfos can still do more taunt per second in total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I told you suckers. Q wasn't lying. If you think a retarded hot is going to make up for the new ams you really are stupid. 80% reflects instead of 87% also means that you will take literally over 50% more damage under ams.

Goodbye and goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    How much SMG will be added? Will it bring SMG base AR equal to Assault Rifle?

Still 160 lower from ip, unless they change that as well.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast