Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Soldier Nano Changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No, because that's how it used to be and that was one of the biggest problems with pvp.
    Easy for you to say... since NTs are the only profession with passive reflects that ALREADY stop hits from capping.

Afraid to share your cake?

You quoted my first suggestion but not my second... my second was complimentary to my first.

Make RRFE self and adjust the order of reflects in PvP damage calculation. If you aren't teaming an engi or soldier, you don't get 66% of a soldier's passive defense to add to DoF, heals, absorbs, large AAD, blockers, or whatever other myriad defenses your prof has.
    Last edited by Questra; Nov 16th, 2010 at 13:54:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Allright so that s 18K over 30 sec or 12K if you assume 20 sec b4 your target die.

So that's a potential 30K+ heal over 30 sec, assuming you d pop all you got in AMS cooldown. Sounds good no ?
    On paper this sounds good, but noone is yet thinking about whether a soldier will have to waste our healperks during AMS, or how much HP we'll have left after AMS.

Having 80% reflect is like a 220 soldier with an OFAB back casting TMS 10... a TL5 mirror shield which already sees soldiers dying halfway into TMS.

If you don't know how easy it is to drop a soldier through TMS 10, let me use AMS 3 as an example. If I'm slightly debuffed, by a MP nuke for example, I have AMS 1, 2, and 3 on my hotbar. AMS 3 is 79% reflect + 5% OFAB back, so 84%.

When I use AMS3 it's easy enough to die to one DD prof in 80 seconds, let alone 40. Take another 4% reflect off and we're looking at post-rebalance soldiers having to use all available healperks in that 40 seconds, and still possibly being 80% or lower HP after AMS.

Cutting AMS in half is one thing, but taking away 7% or more reflect from it is quite another. I can guarantee you that if soldiers try to save their healperks till after AMS, there are going to be soldiers dying in under 40 seconds despite our "primary defense" being active.

Also, since there are zero indications so far of AAD and DoF/Limber being nerfed, most trox soldiers will be using the new Mongo Rage rather than opting for a few k in healperks, so I don't think we should assume that 1) All solds are trox and 2) All soldiers would choose healperks over Mongo Rage.
    Last edited by Questra; Nov 16th, 2010 at 14:04:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    If you don't know how easy it is to drop a soldier through TMS 10, let me use AMS 3 as an example. If I'm slightly debuffed, by a MP nuke for example, I have AMS 1, 2, and 3 on my hotbar. AMS 3 is 79% reflect + 5% OFAB back, so 84%.

When I use AMS3 it's easy enough to die to one DD prof in 80 seconds, let alone 40. Take another 4% reflect off and we're looking at post-rebalance soldiers having to use all available healperks in that 40 seconds, and still possibly being 80% or lower HP after AMS.
    But...

Let's not forget the fact that this is QQuestra and it's a common knowledge that QQuestra dies to a sneaked MP, that casted eNSD, in 10-12 sec.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Stuff
    Yar i know about AMS 3, but i think a lot of the unknown is about how capping hit + reflect will be managed in the future. And that's one of the big unknown about this stuff.

I m in good position, playing a NT, to say the following : in a scenario without capping hit goin thru, all the damage i do to a soldier is nerfed by those reflects. Even at 75% reflect, taking virtual HP into count (if you count virtual HP & capping hit, you would end up with capping hit doing 36K on 30K HP with 75% reflect), and related healing, it is totally useless that i DD at all. I d rather sit for HD, layer myself etc (btw to the one that asked "really ?" bout the fact that NT can surive 1:20 min of AMS, yes, using NS2, then AR debuff + layer + wit or nm coon depending + sitting, then NBG, then a 2nd NS2 cycle).

engi pets get a new proc with -35% reflect

i don't like the "balance" changes yet, looks realy bad for soldiers in my opinion

i know we should wait and see the whole picture but i can't imagine there any balance at all yet... compare engi and soldier nano changes -> i can see a big nerf for the soldier

sry guys, but this seems to be "the whole picture" in fact for a soldier engi 1on1, ok without item and perk changes and some lil things ....but u can now compare this two profs and if u do so, u can not see any more balance -.-

(i play a 220 soldier and engi, adv, agent, enf, keeper, trader -> so i don't want the big soldier over all changes but i want balance^^)

Please correct me if i wrong: 80sec ref+200sec nsd-> 40sec ref+200sec nsd???
    I just dont get it, I am a soldier, why I should become an enforcer, I will roll one if want, dont steal they job! But step forward from this enfolder thing, I mostly waited some nano change, because a lvl 220 AR setup solja very hard to solo anything, which is higher then 225, and have big hp, because after 80sec and then bye, except if you can run with it, but they mezz, snare, warp, hit you from 3km... I would like a bit hot, not much, dont need, but a little. And to make it equal remove our hp buff, ac, ohh or something, but -40sec AMS lol, think it over again please!

You don't get 200 sec NSD effect upon AMS/TMS cast anymore. l2r

Quote Originally Posted by Shye View Post
    engi pets get a new proc with -35% reflect

i don't like the "balance" changes yet, looks realy bad for soldiers in my opinion

i know we should wait and see the whole picture but i can't imagine there any balance at all yet... compare engi and soldier nano changes -> i can see a big nerf for the soldier

sry guys, but this seems to be "the whole picture" in fact for a soldier engi 1on1, ok without item and perk changes and some lil things ....but u can now compare this two profs and if u do so, u can not see any more balance -.-

(i play a 220 soldier and engi, adv, agent, enf, keeper, trader -> so i don't want the big soldier over all changes but i want balance^^)
    Depends which side of the fence you fall on, engineers are complaining just as much as soldiers in their lost defense (weakened blockers, loss of aoe blind).

It will all come down to how the mechanics of how damage is applied is changed and of course all the equipment changes.

Engi's get a new proc with -35% reflect on targets their pets hit, but loose their -48% aura that effected anyone that went near, so in general that could be a nerf aswell.

In an engi vs soldier fight it comes down to how well the engineer can manage their blockers + pets and how much damage a soldier can kick out while avoiding said pets.

And Daredman, its gone from a maximum of 80s reflect + 200s NSD to 40s ref + 80s of cooldown.

No more nano shut down on it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    You don't get 200 sec NSD effect upon AMS/TMS cast anymore. l2r
    Sorry my bad, it's 120 sec. And thanks the info.
    Dare2005
    Darecrat

Quote Originally Posted by daredman View Post
    Sorry my bad, it's 120 sec. And thanks the info.
    There's no NSD at all. You will be able to cast nanos under AMS.

and its not 120s, its 80.

Currently:

Cast AMS:

get 80 seconds of reflects and a 120s of nano shutdown at the same time

once reflects end you have 40 seconds before you can cast ANYTHING again, not just AMS.

After:

Cast AMS:

get 40 seconds of reflects, get 80 seconds of +80 HD and a 80s cooldown

No nano shutdown so all nano's are castable from start to finish.

Once reflects end you have 40 seconds left on the AMS cooldown and +80 HD and you can of course still cast other nano's.

Quote Originally Posted by daredman View Post
    I mostly waited some nano change, because a lvl 220 AR setup solja very hard to solo anything, which is higher then 225, and have big hp, because after 80sec and then bye, except if you can run with it, but they mezz, snare, warp, hit you from 3km...
    Pro tip: AR setup is not the best pvm build for soloing
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Pro tip: AR setup is not the best pvm build for soloing
    There are other setups after rebalance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    There are other setups after rebalance?
    There probably will be. My bet is on special weapons and procs attached to it.

There probably will be. My bet is on special weapons and procs attached to it.
    Special Weapons And Procs

S.W.A.P huh. I already have to do that on my engi, I dont like it.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

You will get used to it, eventually.

You will get used to it, eventually.

Or not.

Easy for you to say... since NTs are the only profession with passive reflects that ALREADY stop hits from capping.

Afraid to share your cake?

You quoted my first suggestion but not my second... my second was complimentary to my first.

Make RRFE self and adjust the order of reflects in PvP damage calculation. If you aren't teaming an engi or soldier, you don't get 66% of a soldier's passive defense to add to DoF, heals, absorbs, large AAD, blockers, or whatever other myriad defenses your prof has.
    If you followed discussion on forums on this thing then you'd know that I already advocated that NT shields not go after caps because I hate differentiated mechanics it would require some tweaking to the numbers of course as the current dmg->nano would drain the entire pool of an NT in just one hit, making the shieelds useless.

Imo RRFE should remain how it is and reflect auras should go away. But hey, can't have everything. Especially not since the whole having your cake and eating it too was the largest buff soldiers got with SL.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Reserved for March 17, 2011 so I can argue with Questra about "current" game mechanics and not the old pre-balancing ones vs. now balanced soldier QQ.

80 seconds against a soldier taking 150 damage a hit is tttttttttttttttttttttttoooooooooooooooooooooooo lllllllllllloooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg when professions lose the ability to fight indefinately, just like them there words. Do you even realize how much that reflect shield damage is gonna suck for people when they can't even outheal that damage?
    Last edited by Gatester; Nov 17th, 2010 at 13:11:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    80 seconds against a soldier taking 150 damage a hit is tttttttttttttttttttttttoooooooooooooooooooooooo lllllllllllloooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg when professions lose the ability to fight indefinately, just like them there words.
    AFAIK, damage shield effects stack, so it's 218 pts.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast