Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about shades.

What about shades.

Any (upcoming) plans on allowing a shade to take a hit or two in pvp? Or we still pretty much faced with gank and run tactics. Would be nice to see a shade actually last for more than 20 seconds or so.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

shades could be so much more fun in pvp if they did some of the following...

1. Remove MR from shades, put some kind of tag on it that restricts them from using it. This will support and make my next topic valid.

2. Combine ALL spirits - Thats right, make all spirits combine, no one else has to choose between aad/aao yet a shade has to, I believe they are forced to because MR combined with high aao+aad would just be way over the top. Also, shades are pretty much the only class that cannot choose to be a ranged prof because they don't have access to implants and no spirits support ranged options. Also, going with a full aad setup is just not viable anymore because everyone else has evades+AR, Recently on battle station i could not perk a enf when i had my AR up to ~3200. I am sure this is pretty gimp for a shades AR but my aao spirits are only 240-270 atm and my shade is geared toward aad for pvm.

3. A little bit more evades - With a full evade setup (300 aad spirits in all 3 spots and evade spirits where possible) my opi shade cannot evade **** unless i have dof+limber up, and most the time people just eat through that too. The main profs that gives shades problems in this department are soldiers and enforcers. I have alphaed my self many times off soldiers reflects and enfs dmg shield (yes my own stupid fault but its either try to make a last stand or stand there and die).

4. Healing - IMO shade healing is not that bad atm. But it does take a while to heal up after a fight unless you invest IP into treatment(no support here either but that's to be expected) just to use higher med kits. I have always had the idea that some kind of shade only stims/med kits could be made, replace the treatment reqs with agility or something along those lines, some kind of skill we actually use.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    shades could be so much more fun in pvp if they did some of the following...

1. Remove MR from shades, put some kind of tag on it that restricts them from using it. This will support and make my next topic valid.

2. Combine ALL spirits - Thats right, make all spirits combine, no one else has to choose between aad/aao yet a shade has to, I believe they are forced to because MR combined with high aao+aad would just be way over the top. Also, shades are pretty much the only class that cannot choose to be a ranged prof because they don't have access to implants and no spirits support ranged options. Also, going with a full aad setup is just not viable anymore because everyone else has evades+AR, Recently on battle station i could not perk a enf when i had my AR up to ~3200. I am sure this is pretty gimp for a shades AR but my aao spirits are only 240-270 atm and my shade is geared toward aad for pvm.

3. A little bit more evades - With a full evade setup (300 aad spirits in all 3 spots and evade spirits where possible) my opi shade cannot evade **** unless i have dof+limber up, and most the time people just eat through that too. The main profs that gives shades problems in this department are soldiers and enforcers. I have alphaed my self many times off soldiers reflects and enfs dmg shield (yes my own stupid fault but its either try to make a last stand or stand there and die).

4. Healing - IMO shade healing is not that bad atm. But it does take a while to heal up after a fight unless you invest IP into treatment(no support here either but that's to be expected) just to use higher med kits. I have always had the idea that some kind of shade only stims/med kits could be made, replace the treatment reqs with agility or something along those lines, some kind of skill we actually use.
    And lower def check on SP line so they can land on evaders.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Ok, so WITHOUT stupid MR. I do not have MR, and haven't in a long time. MR doesn't do squat when a Adventurer walks up and hits 4 buttons to kill you. A lot of good MR would do there.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

after reading FWM i can see were gonna need a huge boost, our PM perks are getting a nerf to the tune of about half what they were unless i'm looking at it wrong.......
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

after reading FWM i can see were gonna need a huge boost, our PM perks are getting a nerf to the tune of about half what they were unless i'm looking at it wrong.......
    Plus Hetacomb will be 2 second execution.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

So, Impale does more damage than Gore ( the next perk UP in the chain for those without shades ), and not vastly less than Hecatomb. Someone like to explain this please?

Tempted to ask for this to be changed while the balancing is going on, but I know damn well it'd be changed for the worst.
    Last edited by Kari; Oct 16th, 2009 at 19:08:38.

Aren't shade perks still have piercing 100% attack skill???
    so MR wont help, it will help only on perks with AMS100% attack skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    Aren't shade perks still have piercing 100% attack skill???
    so MR wont help, it will help only on perks with AMS100% attack skill.
    You're reading it wrong, AAO (and AAD) will not affect perks that have non weapon skills as attack (and defense) skills. Piercing is a weapon skill.

Anyway, huge WTF at shade perk (no)changes. They said that nanoprogram based profs will see changes in nanoprograms, why the **** then shades only get nerfs in their perks? Totally ridiculous.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Add All Offense will only be applied to weapon skills and weapon specials
    imho thats regulars and specials

imho thats regulars and specials
    Weapon skills == perk AR
    Last edited by Graftmage; Oct 16th, 2009 at 19:06:11.

Not exactly sure how this will work tbh :s
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Weapon skills == perk AR
    == not changed then, why is it mentioned ?

== not changed then, why is it mentioned ?
    That means, that AAO won't be added to perks with, say, nanoskill AR.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Not exactly sure how this will work tbh :s
    Weapon and nano skills will probably be boosted/changed as well.

thats not written there
    thats urs and mine guess

thats not written there
    Yes it is.

That means AAO won't be counted twice in AMS perks.THT IS ALL. Learn to read and stop TELLING pople they are wrong when you can't read. It was clear enough, then got explained THREE TIMES in FWM by (I think) Genele.

{Venachar: Leave it out}

Yes it is.
    No, it isn't. Read above.
    Last edited by Venachar; Oct 17th, 2009 at 02:02:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Recently on battle station i could not perk a enf when i had my AR up to ~3200.
    was the enf teamed with a crat / keeper ?

SP them ASAP. soldiers and enforcers become a lot less of an issue once SP drained.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    So, Impale does more damage than Gore ( the next perk UP in the chain for those without shades ), and not vastly less than Hecatomb. Someone like to explain this please?

Tempted to ask for this to be changed while the balancing is going on, but I know damn well it'd be changed for the worst.
    pretty sure impale has always done more than gore. gore has a DoT though, impale doesn't.

also... the scaling of the perks has not been outlined in that document.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast