Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New Engineer Nano Changes!

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    Is there a way to completely set Obtena on ignore?
    Someone asked about ignoring a professional once before, I think the answer was "no", but I dont recall if it was a limited "no", as in it works but not anywhere they are a "forum leader", or if it was an absolute "no" because they are flagged as a leader somewhere, so it just doesnt work.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

If anyone were to talk to me in real life as Obtena does on these forums, they would be checking into a hospital shortly there after. Someone seriously needs to kick that troll back under the bridge, "That's a nice story, but" what are you 12 years old? Do you really want this person as a the face of your professionals Funcom? The Amount of condescension and vitriol should speak for itself. Every time I look at a post of theirs, they come off like a spoiled brat.

Quote Originally Posted by Amickson View Post
    Situations where "new" single target nerfed blind will be useful:
    none
    Yeah that's right, because NT's have single target blinds and you never see them using those, especially in PVM. Completely useless
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 30th, 2010 at 14:26:04.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Speaking from lvl 150 point of view blind aura nerf doesnt look good. Im running with a heavy def setup on Rysiek (posted in signature, with a few swaps it gets even better in terms of def) and soloing anything inside s10 is very difficult once I get adds. For a casual player it would be totally impossible as setups like mine aint available to anyone. Maybe those blockers could also work in pvm blocking X mobs hits?

BTW there is nothing that could help lower levels in pvp. Still the very bottom of food chain Make all spec blockers block exactly same abount of specials (5/2?) but with HP caps limit so if special blocker has X HP limit and your HP is high enough to exceed it blocker would block a hit only up to HP limit. Example:

You have 10k hp and using low ql blockers that block only up to 1k hp. You are hit, 1k is blocked but remaining 2k hit you if only special is strong enough.

Tl7s should have unlimited blockers.
    Tl6s 2,5k hp limit
    Tl5 1,5k hp
    Tl4 1k hp
    Tl3 750 hp,
    Tl2 500.

Its very hard to understand why amount of blocked attack changes while for most of the professions number of possible specials doesnt and recharges are capped at the beginning (brawl, dimach, sneak), at tl2 (fast attack), tl3 (AS on agents), tl4 - tl5 (as on faster weapons, fa on solds).
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Nov 30th, 2010 at 14:33:42.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Yeah that's right, because NT's have single target blinds and you never see them using those, especially in PVM. Completely useless
    lal, someone needs to check how much evades an NT has vs how much evades an engi has.

Little clue here: NTs have enough evades to make their blinds work.

Another little clue for you: NTs have calms whereby they only need to concentrate on one mob.

I'm aware of what tools an NT has. I'm just illustrating that single target blinds aren't useless like someone was trying to say it was. On that note, I going to call bull**** on how useless a 100% offensive pet proc -350 blind that doesn't break on attack that always lands is, even if engi evades aren't that good. Again, if you can't see that the pets should be your tanks and how badly the AOE blinds are implemented, I guess you will just have to wait for the reality of the nano changes to hit you.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 30th, 2010 at 15:48:03.

When my NT was levelling and I didn't really care much for evades on it, blinds were as useless as can be and I never bothered casting them, something like rooting and running or something similar worked much better for me.

Point being, if you don't have enough evades to support it, blinds can be very useless. The -1200 on the current DVP compensates for the low evades of the engi.

There is quite a difference with the new version of the engi one though: the blind just comes on the 1 target the pet is hitting. This usually also happens to be the mob that's being tanked by the pet. In most cases this pet can handle the damage no matter if the mob is blinded or not. Not saying it's completely useless, but it's pretty close. Main point is though that while current blind can be used as tactical advantage in several situations to solve deadly problems, new blind doesn't solve any of these problems.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Obtena, what is an engineer supposed to do currently when a pet stopps being able to tank? The taunts are single target only so the engineer has no way of getting adds onto the pet. The snare is 15s duration, not enough time for the engineer to escape. So what are they supposed to do?

As for this being about you, no you were "smart" enough to step into a public debate with fc and act on their behalf, you either need to have answers for your arguement or stfu and let people that have them speak.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

That's the root cause .. the pet shouldn't stop being able to tank if engis have the tools to make their pets to tank for them. It's what they are there for, it's why there are all these engo tools and buffs that should be making pets able to tank and heal them. That's a pet problem, not a 'Engis need poorly working AOE blinds to fix pets can't tank' problem. That pet blind proc goes a long way to allow pets to tank better.

I mean, how many adds do you think it's reasonable to have your pet's tank anyways? Certainly not enough to warrant the need for a massive AOE blind that's spammable. I get it ... AOE blinds were a cool tool that allows engis to deal with alot of mobs and people don't like it's going. I know why people like it but I can also see why it's reasonable to remove it, unlike the multitude of cynical engineers.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 30th, 2010 at 16:42:50.

Now I'm having to request your reading skill improvements.

Blinds only have a 9m area of effect.

We have not been given any additional pet taunting tools, if they are to come in the form of items to use on the pets then there will have to be changes to how the invintory works, as right now engineers are already one of the gighest item use classes and have a serious lack of available inv space.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

ideally taunts need to be added to all the offensive procs (more useful procs taunting least) and a nice big taunt on the snare.

I agree, right now I don't see the blind getting used as you can only have 1 proc running at a time, and that's on both pets. So no rippers on slayer and blind on dog.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I would say around 1k taunt on the reflect ripper (as its mostly useless in pvm), 600 taunt on the blind aura and about a 200 taunt on the damage (as its also doing the damage hit as well)

and say a 4-5k taunt on the snare.

The numbers should be high enough for the pets to keep mobs interested over the engineer but not enough to be able to tank for an entire team of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Now I'm having to request your reading skill improvements.

Blinds only have a 9m area of effect.

We have not been given any additional pet taunting tools, if they are to come in the form of items to use on the pets then there will have to be changes to how the invintory works, as right now engineers are already one of the gighest item use classes and have a serious lack of available inv space.
    Well, I didn't say anything about their effective area so I don't understand why I need reading skill improvements ... Seems like you should partake in your own request.

And no, I don't see additional pet taunting tools and effects either but I haven't seen alot of emphasis for them either even though pet's inability to hold agg and tank properly for their engi masters has been a problem for a LONG time, regardless of what's happening with AOE blinds. Seems like an obvious improvement to ask for.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 30th, 2010 at 17:32:08.

you said 20m blind, it is not 20m.

Ps nice edit after I pointed it out.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    you said 20m blind, it is not 20m.

Ps nice edit after I pointed it out.
    PS I edited it out 4 minutes before you made your post. You can check the times yourself. I knew it wasn't correct and knew someone would try to be pendantic and exploit my error. Still, it's not relevant to the discussion anyways.
    Last edited by Obtena; Dec 1st, 2010 at 20:11:20.

[tl5]

Regarding the future of TL5 pvp engis, cross posting this from the engi forums.

original can be found here.

Disclaimer: The following is based on the information we have currently available. Nothing more, nothing less.

What I just can not understand is this: survivability in the tl5 pvp range is already slim, current blockers are borderline effective and only really provide protection vs MAs who do not swap (those do not exist/are pure pvm'ers and thus do not count) and anyone using SPS/Arbalest/Zastaba. And the folks who use those AS weaps can usually last long enough to kill the 3 blockers and start killing you *with* the specials. It is a blessing that most of those guys can not self their weaps without swapping/OBs.

And now, they want to further reduce our survivability by further reducing the amount of spec blockers we have.
    The current situation is that those 3 spec blockers pretty much eat the special hits of an alpha, thus weakening it, or delaying it till until the 3 specs are eaten up thus giving you time to initiate counter measures, such as Freak Shield, BioCocoon, currently AoE blinds or just running like hell and praying that that dark blue runspeed will let you get away long enough for a tool to become available again.

What is especially annoying is that due to our evades status, we have to rely on coon vs most opponents that can put up a decent fight. And at the same time, one decent AS/FA/SA can cap through that making it pretty much useless in one special.
    The 60/3 blocker rotation was viable in the times where tl5 engi evades were decent compared to the ar professions, namely sols, ar agents, and ofc enforcers. The times before the absorb nerf that was resulted by the overly abuse of very-low-hp-setups, mostly used by NTs and by pet professions in towers/city pvp. In the time when most dmg perks actually had a fixed dmg type instead of using the one that the weapon in your right hand uses. In those times, bio cocoon offered you real protection for those 30 sec duration. Unless ofc someone designed their setup around one dmg type just to mess with those coon'ing folks.

But those times are gone, no more. The evades pretty much died shortly after the release of LE as AR boosts rose higher than def boosts. Shortly after came the absorb nerf, together with the reflect nerf. "Capping hits" did not hurt as much back then (up to 42% (5+24+13) with proc or 29% static dmg reduction after pvp caps). And not too long after that came the adaptation of perk dmg types. Which made absorbs utterly useless.

In terms of effectivity regarding absorbs I guess at tl5 we have it a bit better than at tl7, where pretty much only 4 dmg types are left. Poison, Projectile, Energy and Melee. At tl5 we still have Radiation, Fire and to some extent Cold to add to this list. Not that this is doing us too much good though.

All this brings me to the big question: How is a tl5 engineer to survive in pvp? You plan on improving pets, giving us tools to remove debuffs on them. That is nice, and we always asked for it. We thank you for wanting to give us these. But we need to be able to survive as well.

The only way left to me to read you on this issue: when someone attacks you, pop coon, pray those 2 spec blockers will take care of capped hits that would eat up all of your coon and *really pray* that you can kill your target in those 30secs.
    Oh, you want to be able to fight another target after that? Though luck, NTs using NBGuard were getting buttraped like this for years, its your turn now.
    Sorry about the choice of words, but I can find no more fitting ones.

Either there is some nice secret dmg-to-pet or special-dmg-to-pet tool coming up, or sub TL7 engineers will have a serious problem.

Are atrox 2s HD max HP setups with virtually no AR and no self killing power (AS getting nerfed, right?) really the way you envision the future engis at tl5? Because that's what the data available to us looks like.

[/wall of text]
    Last edited by sannz; Dec 1st, 2010 at 19:59:37.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Good Stuff
    Pretty much "let's TRY TO fix TL7 pvp and leave everyone else flapping in the breeze"
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Tradeskills needed to cast nanos are as follows: Quantum Physics, Weapon Smithing, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemistry. You may notice Tutoring listed in the nano document, but this will not be utilized for nanocasting going forward.
    As far as balance itemization goes, please oh please incorporate skill lock modifiers into the new/updated engi gear.

That is all.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast