Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New Engineer Nano Changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Wonderful changes, all-around it is everything I have wanted with the added bonus of tradeskill based casting.

Also for the blind debuff QQ, shouldn't regular blockers stop...I dunno...mob hits? The blind won't break everyhit and you ignore an additional 2 hits that usually happen when your pets, who will be taunting more and recieving better healing, lose aggro.

Seriously I do not think you guys think through anything, at all, just complain, all the time.
    so how's that single target crap aao debuff gonna help vs adds... who will agg to the engie who is healing his pets? (esp if proposed pet heals that heal both pets at the same time go through) 2 regular hits blocked every 30 secs = 2 secs longer before you die. Unless i missed the part where only 1 mob at a time is allowed to attack an engie. Did i miss that somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Will be rougher to cast tradeskill nanos for agents then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

Tradeskills: Engineer nanos will now require tradeskills to cast instead of nanoskills. This allows Engineers to be able to focus their IP better, as well as freeing up IP expenditures in the future. It's important to note that as the itemization parts of the rebalancing work have not been detailed/released yet, we will be accommodating this new method of casting nanos in the Engineer's toolset beyond just nanoprograms.

Tradeskills needed to cast nanos are as follows: Quantum Physics, Weapon Smithing, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemistry. You may notice Tutoring listed in the nano document, but this will not be utilized for nanocasting going forward.

Well hey, it least you knocked Mimic Engineer off the list of an Agent's tool set. Which pretty much means no mini-slayers. lol.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Will be rougher to cast tradeskill nanos for agents then.
    Doh, you beat me to it by about 30 seconds
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Tinypain View Post
    Which pretty much means no mini-slayers. lol.
    Did they mean ALL engineer nanos? oO omagad...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    The agent concern is quite valid too. Does FP engineer convert nano skills to tradeskills now?
    As we've said before, the concept of Agent Mimics will be changing very dramatically in the rebalancing efforts - This is not something we have forgotten. =)
    Since you two seemed to miss it.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

take away our area blind?! its the only thing that makes my med engi last longer..
    why should it be op? it breaks on hit...

Calm down. The rebalance hits every prof, not just us. You see now a number you are unfamiliar with. But you need to see the whole concept once it hits testlive.
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

yep sure, but area blind is important as cocoon, it is a part of our main toolset :x

Please tell me that I missunderstood the concept of the nanite bomb as beeing a massive AoE with devasting effect for TL4 and TL5.
    A lvl 150 with 8k hit nano dmg will be end flat on the floor unless Enfo or (Trox-)Soldier.

Talking Very Interesting...

Overall the nano doc changes seems kinda great. I <3 the idea of nanos running off of tradeskills especially as I'm a NM. To me it seems like I'll be falling over myself now with IP, which means I can funnel IP into more combatant orientated activites, thats pure /win.

Just some things of note:
    ================================================== ============

• The loss of the AoE blind seems like an incredible loss with regards to solo pvm CC. Are there plans in the pipework to give us something similar?

• Hypersonic Nanite Bombardment (LE Nemesis Nanoprogram) - appears to require 175 NCU, is this correct? Also if the 'Target' is then out of the AoE range of 15m does this mean they will be unaffected by the nano as the caster (Me) will have a visible countdown over my head indicating the impending *boom*. So can the Fixer with 3K+ RS go 'out of range' for 5 secs whilst I'm using a couple of FM stims because they rooted me, then come back and basically be in the same situation as if I'd never had the nano? I think we need a little more explanation about how this will function.

• Synchronized Capacitor Overload (Pet Proc) - what exactly does this do? I couldn't really make out what it does. Is it a damage proc that fires every 3 secs whilst the pet is in combat?

• Disruptive Void Drainer (Special Pet Proc) - whats with the no visual blind effect? Will there be any indicators that the proc fired successfully (like proc icon in target NCU window) with reagrds to the blind / AR debuff?

• Master's Repairs (Pet Heal) - a consistant 3K heal on both pets is a nice idea. A bit of pet micromanagement and all might be great, however, I still feel a larger heal is required ...maybe get this item sorted for those emergency heals - QL300 Trimmer - Improve Actuators but with a 15 mins lockout.

• Improved Shield of the Obedient Servant (Pet Dmg Buff) - 2 mins duration is just crazy, so I hope the 1 sec cast time stays as is.

• Pet Warp - nothing to do with the nano, but will it still be so that we will be able to warp pets if in combat or immobilized?

• Firewalled Subserviant NCU (Pet Resist Buff) - wheres the resist charms parts?

• Charmed Pets - unbelievable, I still see no way to gain back our pets, is this an oversight?

================================================== ============

I guess thats all I've got to say atm.

PS. If I happened to of repeated someone else I blame it on the fact I wrote this hours ago and didn't click 'sumbit'.
    Last edited by Stigman; Nov 13th, 2010 at 11:12:25.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    From the doc I am looking at all nano lines use tradeskills, please point out any that are not.
    The programs on sheet1 require nanoskills, the programs on sheet2 tradeskills.
    (The excell doc has 2 sheets)

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys

so if we need Trade skills to cast our bot now. what about the ppl who are using full db armor maybe and some beast for nanoskills? will trade skills be added or wha wil happend? tone down the req maybe
    Last edited by Nanoryl; Nov 13th, 2010 at 11:00:11.
    Rylourne 220/21 enf

Nanoryl 220/19 NT NEW NAME (Nanobots)

Unisolder 126/15 sold

ThaBeast 220/xx/xx inc pvp beast

Quote Originally Posted by tentonhammer- View Post
    The programs on sheet1 require nanoskills, the programs on sheet2 tradeskills.
    (The excell doc has 2 sheets)
    Sheet 1 is what exists today.
    Sheet 2 is the proposed changes.

Nice changes for my TL5 Engie atleast.

More AR from EP
    Better Doggie
    New Nuke to hit nasty Enfo's with

But then, TL5 Engies have been broken for a while. One of the only profs that can run around without a main part of there tool set (pets) and do well.

I don't like the whole Nano --->Tradeskill thing, it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Anrecto View Post
    Please tell me that I missunderstood the concept of the nanite bomb as beeing a massive AoE with devasting effect for TL4 and TL5.
    A lvl 150 with 8k hit nano dmg will be end flat on the floor unless Enfo or (Trox-)Soldier.
    Damage in PVP is halved, and must still follow 30% cap rules.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Both my husband and I are very excited about this change to using Tradeskills instead of Nano skills. Both of our Engis were made with tradeskills in mind, so now the ability to combine the tradeskilling we love with actually having it be useful for fighting rocks!
    Xantranax
    110% More Cool

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I'm puzzled by the lack of whines that point out on "painful" IP resets from nano skills to something else, that these changes are promoting.

Also, some MC/TS buffs in perk balance documentation seems kind of obsolete now.
    Drat, I was going to whine about IP resets and having to farm/rebuild a whole set of replacement imps for my engy, but now I'd just sound childish.

Currently my froob engy can cast the last frooby slayerdroid if I get Mocham's and a small wrangle. After change, all things presumed equal, does this theoretically means I would have to find a Trader and a possibly a SL Engy to buff my tradeskills high enough to cast my pet?

SL requiring tradeskill buffs are going to make the lives of froob and AI or AI/LE only engy's (there is at least 1 of these in my org) a bit more painful.

Having extra IP freed up is nice, but will level/title caps be raised some? Because I currently have a ton of unused IP on my Engy because my base abilities, tradeskills, Ranged init, Pistol, MC, and TS are all maxed. I guess I could max run speed now.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Solution for not needing to skill Time and Space:
    New TRadeskill:
    Advanced Hacker Tool + Nano / Health Recharger / Coil from SL
    = Hacked Nano / Health / Coil
    Needs B&E / Nanoprogramming, uses Chemistry and PT
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Drat, I was going to whine about IP resets and having to farm/rebuild a whole set of replacement imps for my engy, but now I'd just sound childish.

Currently my froob engy can cast the last frooby slayerdroid if I get Mocham's and a small wrangle. After change, all things presumed equal, does this theoretically means I would have to find a Trader and a possibly a SL Engy to buff my tradeskills high enough to cast my pet?

SL requiring tradeskill buffs are going to make the lives of froob and AI or AI/LE only engy's (there is at least 1 of these in my org) a bit more painful.
    If you look carefully in the doc the requirements of bot is still basically same just they change it to tradeskill. All froob engineers get 140 tradeskill buffs. We are just the about same as froob MP with mochams now which is actually better, we can make MP/traders our enemy now as we dont need to beg them for buffs.

The bad as having a high lvl froob tradeskill engineer myself after this change.

1. I have less tradeskill business because every single engineer is my competitor now!!!!!
    2. I lost my Mp/trader buff business to engineer prof!!

IMO, this change is cruel to me.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast