Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New Engineer Nano Changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Stigman View Post

• The loss of the AoE blind seems like an incredible loss with regards to solo pvm CC. Are there plans in the pipework to give us something similar?
    I think a key thing to note is that both pets will be casting the blind proc if being used and pet tanking should be a more valid method of combat, doesn't help if you pull lots of adds... but then nothing really should.

• Hypersonic Nanite Bombardment (LE Nemesis Nanoprogram) - appears to require 175 NCU, is this correct? Also if the 'Target' is then out of the AoE range of 15m does this mean they will be unaffected by the nano as the caster (Me) will have a visible countdown over my head indicating the impending *boom*. So can the Fixer with 3K+ RS go 'out of range' for 5 secs whilst I'm using a couple of FM stims because they rooted me, then come back and basically be in the same situation as if I'd never had the nano? I think we need a little more explanation about how this will function.
    Think you've gotten a little confused, you cast the nano on the target, this turns THEM into the bomb, depending on their runspeed the count down gets shorter (so fixers will tend to give the shortest countdown), at the end of the countdown the person you hit with it will "explode" for the upto 5k damage aoe to all your enemys around them.

This means that basically no matter who you cast it on the distance they can move before they blow up comes out more equal, faster people will get further in a shorter time but blow up sooner, slower people will take longer to run away but get longer. If they don't run, well they get a heavy hit to them and their friends allowing for you and your friends to mop em up while hurt.

Even if they do run, they'll still get hit but hopefully have limited the damage from the aoe AND have escaped combat to prevent them getting finished up after the large almost assured capped hit.

• Synchronized Capacitor Overload (Pet Proc) - what exactly does this do? I couldn't really make out what it does. Is it a damage proc that fires every 3 secs whilst the pet is in combat?
    Every time the pet hits, it will do an additional hit of 200 damage. So if your pet hits for 1000 damage it will be "Pet hit Mob for 1000 <soandso> damage Pet hit Mob for 200 points of Melee nano damage"

• Disruptive Void Drainer (Special Pet Proc) - whats with the no visual blind effect? Will there be any indicators that the proc fired successfully (like proc icon in target NCU window) with reagrds to the blind / AR debuff?
    Not sure if there will be any clouds around people, but it wont make their screens go black when hit for it. However I would point out ALL of the new pet procs are 100% on hit. If your pet has hit them, they have the proc on them.

Oh and jerusha, leave hacking to the fixers!

Use a Field Quantum Physics All-Purpose Tool on them instead, to redesign the kits to use ME and quantum physics to use. Build and redesign! Your engineers!
    Last edited by Xenotric; Nov 13th, 2010 at 17:34:40.

Oh and jerusha, leave hacking to the fixers!
    Yeah, if they would IP it
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

a lot of fixers have fairly decent b+e for the mission loot boost.

Hopefully funcom will still go back and redo our nano sheet to give us some nanos that allow us to actually hack offensively as well.

I generally see engineers as more hardware orientated, you wouldn't hack things and crowbar it apart, you'd competently unscrew the panels and use the "open here" tab on devices, because, you know, your smart like that.

This change to tradeskills kind of enhances that, your great working with the core engineering but your actual manipulation and use of nanobots is stunted, but who cares when you can build devices to use them for you?

And lets face it, you don't need sophisticated software for warmachines, their not etiquette bots like crats get, they can work with rudimentary base codes that you have at your disposal, instead you go for big ass guns and lots of armour and great robotics.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Nov 13th, 2010 at 17:44:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    a lot of fixers have fairly decent b+e for the mission loot boost.

Hopefully funcom will still go back and redo our nano sheet to give us some nanos that allow us to actually hack offensively as well.
    Whats wrong with hacking medkits instead of using a QFT Tool? Okay may safe some IP. But generally, I IP it. Why? Because customers that want a perennium built don't want to look hours for the two fixers on the server that ip'd B&E or which are willing to hack stuff. So I am kinda forced to IP it.
    And additionally, I have a neat Buff for it and my tradeskill Gear has B&E too.. so I don't see any probs with that.
    regards

AOMover | AwesOme Script

sure, but generally why would engineers resort straight to hacking?

Your b+e buff isn't the best in the world and your generally much better with mechanical and electrical engineering and quantum physics than you are at breaking into things.

And seeing as you will be raising QP and ME/EE anyway for nano's why make it so you'd have to use a skill that you don't necessarily HAVE to have up? Sure you probably will unless funcom puts in some engineering alternatives to the hacking tradeskills but it might not be your priority, specially not while leveling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    so how's that single target crap aao debuff gonna help vs adds... who will agg to the engie who is healing his pets? (esp if proposed pet heals that heal both pets at the same time go through) 2 regular hits blocked every 30 secs = 2 secs longer before you die. Unless i missed the part where only 1 mob at a time is allowed to attack an engie. Did i miss that somewhere?
    The -1200 aura was always nice for sure, I love it on my engie, but I think we can agree that to make the nano more reliable it has to lose that excessive level of debuffing. Most nanos are being cut back, but it could have been nerfed quite a bit more considering -350 is a good bit of AAO.

I think if FC works out pet taunting right, an engie should be able to lose the aggro fast enough to survive with those blockers running, if they still actually block attacks. An MA engie could even make use of parry and riposte, which would be more possible love in pvm. I'd even consider remod on my engie in the future, but I don't know how pvm will end up.

I like the changes due to reliability and extension of how pet users have more pet friendly nanos, but its hard to grasp actual statistical benefits of any number alterations.

Why did crats get 2000 MA buff and others aao/aad buffs for their pets end engineers nothing? Does it mean they will HUGE rework only engineer pets while crats pets will stay with their current stats as they are now?
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Why did crats get 2000 MA buff and others aao/aad buffs for their pets end engineers nothing? Does it mean they will HUGE rework only engineer pets while crats pets will stay with their current stats as they are now?
    They're basically putting a lot of faith into making our pets work right, so they need to address a few issues:

1) Pets being kited
    2) Pets dying easily/being able to tank/being easily disabled
    3) Pets being able to land hits consistently as they will be the damage source

This is really raising the expectation for performance, because if they don't perform optimally in any one of those three categories, they've screwed us over in a large way.
    Nerf 219 Shadow lurking Agent
    Markerz 220 Scented Engineer
    Cruellia 164 Villain Bureaucrat
    Bender 76 Shiny metal Agent

@Xenotric

Cheers, that cleared up those few points for me.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

As I have not seen this even mentioned yet. When this change comes for changing the casting requirements of nanos for engineers. Will there be a free skill reset for the players that already have engineers speced into using nano skills for casting?

I did see that Wrangles will be getting tradeskills? Umm, why when traders have cast on target trade skill buffs already....that stack with the engineer self buffs. Adding trade skills to Wrangle will make another stack on nano. Unless this is intended as a way to replace the loss of MP buffs...how ever the three stackable lines will come out to be more then what an MP and wrangle alone could give.

They would benefit more from having wrangles with weapon specials added by how many people complain about it not having them.

Yes, everyone will get a full ipr when balancing hits live.
    regards

AOMover | AwesOme Script

Quote Originally Posted by jandraelune View Post
    As I have not seen this even mentioned yet. When this change comes for changing the casting requirements of nanos for engineers. Will there be a free skill reset for the players that already have engineers speced into using nano skills for casting?
    this has been confirmed long ago, yes, we get a full ipr. ..

BUT!!!

what other profs, end game, are being FORCED to completely reset their casting skills? none.

engineers ABSOLUTELY should get a special full ipr that lets us leave in symbiants. its one thing to have the option of resetting, and entirely a different one to be forced to do so.
    ~Techmagos -220/30/70 Engi
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent
    ~Nyrlathotek9 -174/14/xx Sold

rk1>rk2™

Quote Originally Posted by Techmagos View Post
    this has been confirmed long ago, yes, we get a full ipr. ..

BUT!!!

what other profs, end game, are being FORCED to completely reset their casting skills? none.

engineers ABSOLUTELY should get a special full ipr that lets us leave in symbiants. its one thing to have the option of resetting, and entirely a different one to be forced to do so.
    Soldiers won't need BM anymore.

Also, it's not like Control symbs are hard to put on.

So will the NSD be gone while there will be introduced a reflect debuff proc?
    Morgo - 220/30/70 Enforcer

Jenji - 215/29/50 Solja

Veteran of Devil Inside - Devil Inside

Content Editor - AO Universe - For players by players

I'd like to understand how casting of blockers will work.

You can cast the personal blockers, which are refreshed for 5 specials and 2 normal attacks.

However, you can also decide to wait to use those blockers and cast the team ones?

So basically you get 11+8 within 1 minute of fighting?

Yeah, pretty much, when you cast self it overruns team.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by kAlzzz View Post
    So will the NSD be gone while there will be introduced a reflect debuff proc?
    yes, NSD is gone in its place is a 100% chance pet proc that lowers reflects by upto 35 for 3 seconds every time the pet hits. So if pets can keep hitting targets will always loose 35 reflects if your using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I'd like to understand how casting of blockers will work.

You can cast the personal blockers, which are refreshed for 5 specials and 2 normal attacks.

However, you can also decide to wait to use those blockers and cast the team ones?

So basically you get 11+8 within 1 minute of fighting?
    From the first post and the document thats basically right. The team blockers overwrite the individual ones, so once those blockers are used up you can use the team one to get an instant 6/6 blocker for 30 seconds.

However the team ones have a 2 minute cooldown, don't refresh themselves and will stop the self ones refreshing if you don't cancel them before the refresh tick happens. (I dont see anywhere on them that states you cannot self cancel the nano in time for the refresh)

So if it were a time line I guess an optimal situation would be:

0s - Cast self blocker nano, 40s cooldown starts, you do not yet have blockers
    10s- twiddling thumbs waiting at a safe spot/running towards action
    20s- first nano ends and you get 5/2 blockers and the countdown to the refresh tick starts.
    30s- original blockers will have probably been used up by now, team blockers used, 6/6 blockers given
    40s- cooldown is up, you can recast it now
    --- 45s- canceling the now used up team nano (if it doesn't auto cancel once used up, I don't think it currently does and see no statement that this has changed)
    50s- individuals refresh giving 5/2 blockers
    60s- blocker timer on second cast now ends, giving a new 5/2 blockers and resetting refresh tick
    70s- thumb twiddle
    80s- cooldown on self blockers is up and can be recast
    90s- 5/2 reflects are given with the refresh

And so on, unless the document changes or I've missed a tag somewhere that would be close to the ideal timing of blocker usage, which gives I believe a total of 21/12 blockers in a 60 second time frame (specially considering you do not enter combat until after 20s is up and you have your first blockers) but only if your very proactive and have not already got team blockers on cooldown already (they wouldn't be available again on that time frame until the 155s mark)

Otherwise you would only get 11/8 or 10/4 (possibly 15/6 if counting the blockers given on exactly the 60s mark if you just left the refresh to do its work)

So it would all come down to how much energy you put into the management of your defenses and whether there's times when you want an immediate boost to your defense at the expense of easier larger amounts over time.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Nov 14th, 2010 at 03:48:09.

EP moved in pistol line is a huge drawback for all pistol using twinks, even melee profs using pistols to twink, as its 40 pistol less in buffs at least. 50 if you are crat. any way around that!?
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    EP moved in pistol line is a huge drawback for all pistol using twinks, even melee profs using pistols to twink, as its 40 pistol less in buffs at least. 50 if you are crat. any way around that!?
    It is not though going by the current numbers the only pistol users that loose out compared to how it is now would be adventurers.

Crats would still get 170 pistol at most, they wouldn't be able to get the 220 pistol they may have hoped after seeing their own document. (they never had that 220 score mind, it was only potential from their documents so it wouldn't effect current scores)

Those relying on soldiers pistol mastery and EP will GAIN 10 additional pistol skill.

Currently adventurers stand to loose 50 pistol, but their nano's have yet to receive changes.

Remember:
    Current EP = 120 can stack.
    Post-balance EP = 170 and cannot stack

misunderstood something

AOMover | AwesOme Script

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast