Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199).

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    I think that there are just too many levels for a character to have to get.

Most other games have way lower levels for a character. There are a lot of quests in the game, that part is ok imo, but the levels or exp needed to reach each level is way too much.

Would be nice if they cut all the exp needed for each level in half. It would definitely go by a bit faster.
    I don't know if a simple 50% cut across all levels would be the best way to handle it... the low levels are pretty fast already, it's the later ones that really drag on.

bump for adding levelpacks!!

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    I don't know if a simple 50% cut across all levels would be the best way to handle it... the low levels are pretty fast already, it's the later ones that really drag on.
    That graph would be more representative if it showed the SK curve 10x taller than the entire XP curve, as it actually is. This is a much clearer picture:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...9lm5z05wx3l9Uw

The one on the "Titles" sheet is the most representative.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 16th, 2011 at 20:11:29.

Actually, none of these graphs gives you an accurate picture of how long it takes to level ... the base XP you gain changes as you level as well.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Just adding my 2 creds, old player here -edit-

-edit- I'm definitely against the option to pay $ for leveling packs. I really can't see how it could ever possibly be a good decision, keeping in mind the health of the community and player base. Others have made points that I agree with about this issue, so no point in rehashing it.. I mean, maybe if there is a good argument in favor of it, I could be a little more open towards it, but.. yeah, not seeing it.
    Last edited by Falvre; Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:40:03. Reason: Removed subscription activity

The argument in favor of it would be "it's likely going to be so expensive that no one will make regular use of it, maybe once or twice, so it won't even put a dent in anyone's leveling experience, so get over it" and you can quote me on that.

Seriously though, look at the price of some of that crap in the shop, I'd predict level boosts to cost somewhere the triple digits based on some of the current prices of things.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Prices can be changed. Radically. Fast. And easily.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Game rules can be changed.radically.fast and easy.
    Sounds like lottery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by police View Post
    Game rules can be changed.radically.fast and easy.
    Based on the history of AO, that's not true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Based on the history of AO, that's not true at all.
    True,in history there was no reason to do so,but now in 4 years or so,everything is changed.
    and now these changes are coming from right and left and from behind ninjachanges and all this kind of funny stuff.

imagine that you have greatest game in the world in your hands,would you like to change it?

I don't know what you are trying to say here but the Game rules can't be changed radically, fast and easily. They never have been in AO at least.

Buying credits with a credit card never used to allowed.

Now it's allowed, so long as the cash is going to FC.

Rules changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Rules changed.
    I didn't say they couldn't be.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011