Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Petition To Keep Improved Precognition For Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    You have yet to clearly read his points, and of course I wouldn't expect or even fathom how you could comprehend if you didn't even understand Marine's last post. There are always buffs/items/weapons that do not make sense in this game. I think being a soldier is more then big guns and weak defense...they should at least have a choice to have a partially gimped defense.

No profession SHOULD have to resort to cookie cutter, some like MAs are forced to (Shen sticks or just fist). Just like if an MP sacrifices to be a shield MP...it doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to hold a solid defense. I think you aren't thinking this out, and are spouting off in this manor. I shouldn't even respond, but I did to tell you this: it isn't supported, but that doesn't mean it can't at least be tried. I've seen evade engineers tried, I'll at least give comfort to anything people want to try.

Just because something is "silly" doesn't mean it can't be tried, and cookie cutter should NEVER EVER be force on ANY profession. Yeah, even MAs need different weapons. I guess I came in this thread seeing it as "silly" and not plausible in my head...but that is not the approach to take. Soldiers should not be forced into a high HP/Assault Rifle setup.
    I understood his post, I just fail to see how its an appropriate excuse for professional buff support for stats that a class shouldn't be supported in.

You failed to understand what I was saying.

I was not saying people should be limited to cookie cutter builds, what I was saying that each profession should have defined sets of skills they can buff, like they do now.

So when you go through character creation and get that nice big list of 14 professions you know that each one will get support for a different set of skills and no more than that. You know what they excel at and what they don't.

This doesn't mean you can't vary what you do, it just means you have to accept that if you go for a build that utilizes skills your chosen profession gets support for that your going to have to use other people to get the profession buffs for those skills rather than have them there at your own pleasure.

I mean this doesn't mean professions base toolsets can't cater for a variety of builds and right now the soldier one is fairly effective at doing that, they can utilize almost any range weapon with reasonable support, if lacking some perks for certain ones, sure defensive wise they may be limited to only health, healing, armour and reflects but defenses are also one of the things that have the biggest effect.

NT's getting a assault rifle buffs would have less effect then them getting reflect buffs, as the assault rifle would only effect the nt's going for that build where as the reflect buff would effect all NT's regardless of build. Same for soldiers and evades, sure its effect may not be as great but it will still have some effect.

So I reiterate what I've said every time, do not give professions buffs that don't a) fit their character or b) have any other support.

If you start giving people extra buffs for skills they shouldn't be supporting, you need to add such buffs to everyone for balance, specially if your considering giving professions support for every defense in the game (because we all know how thats worked with adventurers...)

This is not to say you cannot try builds that go outside the norm of your profession, I myself have a selection of characters with abnormal builds, but you have to accept that if you want to make a profession build using skills outside the ones supported by the toolset that those skills WONT BE SUPPORTED BY THE PROFESSIONS TOOLSET trying a different set up is not an excuse to ask for buffs added to that professions toolset to cater for it as Im sure there's characters of every profession "trying" builds with every skill, and any change to that will only cause balance to either be impossible or remove all professions identity reducing profession choice to just what you want it to call you in your little info box.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Nov 16th, 2010 at 09:19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    As for being a troll nemesis. You got that right. If someone starts thinking that a debate can be solved entirely by opinion as if they have been chosen by some higher being as the intellectual superior, I will be there to swat them from the sky like the irritating mosquitoes they are.
    You contributed absolutely nothing in this thread (unless you consider "/signed" being some significant contribution - it's not), so that is a moot point you got up there.

And that "opinion" part actually supports my point. Thank you.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

/signed
    Kirnash 220/30/70 Solja
    Rawenwood 220/30/70 Advy
    Stabius 220/26/70 Shade
    Ebenezer 220/25/66 MA
    Zinrax 220/24/70 Crat
    Xintra 220/22/6x Engi
    Gladiatorix 174/??/?? Enfo

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    You contributed absolutely nothing in this thread (unless you consider "/signed" being some significant contribution - it's not), so that is a moot point you got up there.

And that "opinion" part actually supports my point. Thank you.

I didn't need to contribute. I agreed with Marine from the start, and contributed to him my opinions of the need for individual builds that shouldn't be pigeon holed just because the designers want to expand upon a profession design inside of the Ao Client. There is a compromise to be found somewhere in this discussion. However, your arguments are so brutally trollish, I don't even feel the need to back up Marines points. I however saw your latest "contribution" if it can be defined as such, and thought it could use some fine tuning in the whole social scheme in relation to the betterment of humanity. If you want to troll, do it with style. Also make sure its entertaining.

I didn't need to contribute...
    I'm glad we cleared this one out.

I'm glad we cleared this one out.
    Hey, you can cut out words and paste them to create entirely new meanings, good for you.

Hey, you can cut out words and paste them to create entirely new meanings, good for you.
    I didn't paste anything.

Wink

I didn't paste anything.
    Higher reasoning skills are not one of your finer points. Now your going to try to argue with me over if you pasted or not. Now do you understand why I don't need to provide counter reasoning to your silly arguments? Marine can surely handle whatever softballs you throw his direction.

You people seem to always forget (at your discreption, of course) that long long long long time ago they decided to move this game from a SOLO based playstyle to TEAM based playstyle (pvp speaking of course, I always found soloing in pvm a no-no for the class I play the most so I would assume that for pvm we refer to team-based content).

That said, the setup (or well, the buff in question enabling this fabolous setup) the OP is trying to defend makes no sense at all. *Barely* breaking 3k def give an enormous advantage for a (supposedly, making assumption based on toolset and profession description eh!) profession that is supposed to take hits but to negate most of them through shields (read , reflects).

Add to the equation (in the current state) crat aura (410+100 aad) , 12M buff(100aad) and Overrule(just for the lulz-factor) and the soldier in question with this setup got a def rating comparable to crat/advy/ma (with limber) if not higher (in current situation you can add Wit for +320 dodge or Sphere for +100aad too, if the soldier is soli or trox).
    That should not be possible, and is probably the reason why devs decided to not include evade buffs for now.

Last, but not the least, you forget that is just a preliminary note without having not even half the picture available to your scrutiny. You guys only hurry to the conclusion without thinking (the thread where your ex-professional emoraged was so funny, for 2 pages posters were still asking the same crap over and over lol, so damn funny) that everything will change. Items, perks, nanos, mechanics you name it.

Instead of going out already with the pitchforks, wait to see what other things will turn out of dev's hat.Claiming that an evade buff (for a profession that should have none in the first place because, again, we're supposed to hit you and you should deflect the damage away) should stay because you like diversity is a weak argument. At this point I can ask for barely 4k def on a fixer but with a nano that gives me 40% reflect because I like the option to go and explore that route (and yes, I know fixers never had reflects in their toolset, It's just to explain how the "option" argument doesn't stand).
    Kumo to kumo no aida wo tsukinukete
    Dare mo mita koto no nai basho e
    Yume no naka de egaiteita basho e
    Arifureta SUPIIDO wo koete

Now your going to try to argue with me over if you pasted or not.
    I don't need to™ argue.

I don't need to™ argue.
    Please don t feed the troll.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I actually prefer adding more self reflect than evades, besides 80% cap reflect is stupid or make reflect other buff self only.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

roll a fixer if you want to be a ranged evade class
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

hump
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

brumpadump

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 41 seconds.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

I thought we were done.

Yah, I can't imagine them considering putting it back in the docs.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Petition Supporters
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Marinegent
    2. Ocene
    3. Vurtuoso
    4. Anarchic1
    5. shamenOTC
    6. Gunfytr
    7. Loucretia
    8. Autohead
    9. Boltgun
    10. Justinsane4
    11. Kitesfear
    12. Sultryvoltron
    13. Phargus
    14. Zorxer
    15. Doniger
    16. Tharss
    17. Animistic
    18. Kirnash
    19. Notnotnotnod
    There.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    roll a fixer if you want to be a ranged evade class
    like that one buff made us sols evade profs

/signed
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    like that one buff made us sols evade profs
    Exactly. That's why they removed it.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast