Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough!

Is dark ruins hard? My uberuntwinked MP was able to solo it prior to level 170. (Admittedly it took me 4 attempts at the final boss) - still ...

I plan to boost my Keeper to 199 (just so my other characters don't spend all day waiting, because people insist on having a keeper for 12-man). I already have a froob account full of buffers, had 2500+ tokens (more like 5k+, but that is beside the point) on my two main characters (before the advent of dailies) - so other than that one purchase, the store will get nothing from me.

I won't buy XP boosts - I am perfectly happy leveling through missions and quests (no hecks kthxbai); and however long it takes is fine by me. If they sell a social BOC that is also fine by me (personally I think they are fugly - also besides the point). As the measure of my enjoyment is what I have accomplished - not what someone else has done.

My only real complaint is that daily's bork the hell out of research (I need to set my alts to 100% MUCH earlier).

No, Dark Ruins is fine as it is . And a ton of fun too.. wtb more dungeons like this...
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    No, Dark Ruins is fine as it is . And a ton of fun too.. wtb more dungeons like this...
    It was a rhetorical question

My only regret, ala DR, was that I didn't read about it first - as I missed out on one of the missions.

Edit: For the record, I also enjoyed the scheol quest lines (although I can see how it might get a bit tedious for someone that doesn't have a garden warp). I am currently on "Confront TTM is penumbra" and "Clear the Dig Site" in Adonis; and while it might be nice for those steps to be a little easier - there is plenty for me to do elsewhere, and the quests aren't going to time out.

The only time this game lacks content, is if you are of the mindset that 220 in 3 days is a good thing - wherein you spend months repeating the same stuff, waiting for your drops. Perhaps, if you have actually worked your way to 220 - several times, some of that content might become repetitive (The only thing I really hate is noob island); but if you don't want to do the quests (because they bore you) or it's slower than afk @ hecks - then don't do the quests. To complain, however, that there isn't any content - merely because you CHOOSE not to do the content that is available - is silly.
    Last edited by Waylayer; Nov 16th, 2010 at 20:29:13. Reason: Additional thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Waylayer View Post
    The only time this game lacks content, is if you are of the mindset that 220 in 3 days is a good thing - wherein you spend months repeating the same stuff, waiting for your drops. Perhaps, if you have actually worked your way to 220 - several times, some of that content might become repetitive (The only thing I really hate is noob island); but if you don't want to do the quests (because they bore you) or it's slower than afk @ hecks - then don't do the quests. To complain, however, that there isn't any content - merely because you CHOOSE not to do the content that is available - is silly.
    ^^ This
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

If anything this game has a lot of content that is useless or unused. And that is the problem, instead of focusing in reviving and fixing old content making it useful and therefore attractive to play, FCs developers have only added more and more content on top of the existing content without a thought for the consequences of what they are doing. We get more content for endgame and more adjustments to PvP and faster leveling and not a thought for what it does to toons who are played normally.

One simple example out of many. There is a belt dropping from the subway boss that is a nice belt for clan players. The requirements arent hard to meet except for tokens, which require a bit of work. Which is not the problem. The problem is that any toon played normally will have leveled so fast that when it can use that belt it will be able to use the much better ToTW belt instead. An item made useless for normal players with its current stats and requirements. This is the case with almost all content in the game. Im not saying there is lack of content or it is to easy or dificult. Im saying that we dont have proper rewards in most playfields and most new content is not enjoyable by anybody but the hardcore.

The question is not how easy or hard solo Dark Ruins are. A well geared toon can do it at 150, a 170 or 180 toon can do it even in a gimpy state and a 200 can possibly do it even stripped. That is not the point. The point is, should someone do it? If they can beat the solo instance then they dont really need the loot inside the team instance. And they can level somewhere else. Therefore the only people doing it are either farming DOJA chips or duallogging a higher toon to farm Goddess armor to SELL. And that is AO in a nutshell. All the gear a new player needs can be acquired by blitzing countless RK missions or pearl farming, NOT BY PLAYING THE GAME.

Please Kintaii dont reply to this post. Unlike what some jealous idiot implied I dont give a **** about my 15 minutes of "fame". I would however strongly suggest that you try to play a toon like a new player would. Try to have a fun experience.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    The question is not how easy or hard solo Dark Ruins are... The point is, should someone do it? If they can beat the solo instance then they dont really need the loot inside the team instance. And they can level somewhere else.
    Level where? DR concept was very nice, it was a place for people that couldnt / didnt want to leech in inf. Its 18h lock time that killed it.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Level where? DR concept was very nice, it was a place for people that couldnt / didnt want to leech in inf. Its 18h lock time that killed it.
    Yep, I mean who goes to Dark Ruins anymore? You do your solo quest for the XP and cloak if you want it and thats it. If you want Goddess armor you ask your orgmates to help blitz it and be done.

Also Alappa/Albatraum should get some significant XP rewards so they are decent places to lvl.

And if you really want to enforce lvling areas and stop the insta grind to 220.... Put 201+ lvl locks on entering an inferno team instance.
    Last edited by fortorn; Nov 17th, 2010 at 14:33:42. Reason: added content
    "Can I have some shoes?"

It is just the people that don't want to play the Game anymore. Look at RK1. Most thing you see on lft is WTB Lootright here, WTB Loot there. Rarely that random groups are coming up for any Team instance outside my friendlist. Thats not only a problem of design but a problem with the people.

I think this comes from not having a good lootsystem. Some people think they need to have everything and who loots first gets it. If you complain, you are insulted or kicked. Or if you do lootorder people start to rant too that prof X does not need or has no right to Loot Y.

I say: Kill the ability to loot stuff from a mob you have not been in combat with and add a modern lootsystem like a window popping up with buttons "roll" and "pass".
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

That wouldn't really change anything, would it?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

nope it wont ) online increasing number of online ppl will help 500 -> 5000 i.e. +)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    That wouldn't really change anything, would it?
    Ya i kind of concur. Player population needs a boost so we don't have a large aging veteran majority. Some new, young blood is needed to revitalize the game.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

i vote yes for reroll (oh here vasnt vote...). That sounds too much like wow now and its really bad thing.

Ever hear of Allods Online?

Back in late 2009, this was to be one of the most anticipated Free To Play MMOs to be released. Despite the fact that it was a WoW Clone, it was supposed to ground breaking. The graphics were incredible, the content was supposed to be deep. Leveling was not the F2P grind that had plagued the genre. Everyone who reviewed it raved about it.

The day Beta went Open, I downloaded this game. It was difficult to play as with any anticipated game on release it was difficult to quest because of the "Deli-Line" in front of all the "quests" I will admit, it looked fun.

A week later they introduced the Cash Shop.

Go ahead type "Allods cash shop" in your Google search bar and you will see right away why you don't hear about this game.
    (search link below)
    http://www.google.com/search?source=...f2d83e828bdfbc
    If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault.
    If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault.
    If damage dies, it's damage's fault.

the obvious lesson to be learnt is wait at least 9 years until players have sunk enough time and resources in the game to quit too easily xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblayde View Post
    Back in late 2009, this was to be one of the most anticipated Free To Play MMOs to be released. Despite the fact that it was a WoW Clone, it was supposed to ground breaking. The graphics were incredible, the content was supposed to be deep. Leveling was not the F2P grind that had plagued the genre. Everyone who reviewed it raved about it.

The day Beta went Open, I downloaded this game. It was difficult to play as with any anticipated game on release it was difficult to quest because of the "Deli-Line" in front of all the "quests" I will admit, it looked fun.

Go ahead type "Allods cash shop" in your Google search bar and you will see right away why you don't hear about this game.
    (search link below)
    Whatever. You obviously can't compare the two, as Allods was designed around being pay-to-play through the itemshop, where 1 inventory slot was 1 euro and you had to pay to get rid of resurrection sickness. That was its basic businessmodel, what it was planned to rely on from the start! That's hardly comparable. You could compare it to all the other F2P MMOs out there that rely solely on microtransactions to support them, and see what you can buy in those and you'll soon see that there's no comparison to make with AO.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Flawed logic. Saying that something is a "farm for twinks" means you're implying that others are locked out of the area and the only way to actively complete/enjoy the content is if you are farming, and if you're a twink.

However people choose to play the game is up to them. But attempting to state that the above content is "only for twink farmers" is insinuating that the "few people who just like to play the game" (as you so put it) can't go there, do the content, and be rewarded. Just because there are those who refuse to do certain activities outside farming areas below their level/skill because it's "less efficient" to do anything else doesn't mean that others are kept from enjoying the game that's there. =)

Admittedly, the SL Civ quests are a bit rough in points, but we have plans to address those. The rest? All doable by their intended level ranges, all with their own rewards, and all with interesting, unique, fun content that the people who "just like to play the game" are welcome to and encouraged to explore. =)
    I have to say Kintaii that while your point is valid to a degree and logically correct, in practice it simply does not work.
    For instance S10, you have good game content there with one flaw, bounties. These items alone are the reason for attracting 150 twinks who simply farm S10 for creds to finance their other toons. To say that everyone of the required level can go there and play the content is true, and I am sure many do try, however in practice it is not so simple.
    From my own experience I have tried many times to enjoy S10 content on untwinked toons in the right level range. Every time bar maybe one or two I have encountered twinked S10 farmers who will OD you, Train you sometime even be rude to you in an attempt to get you off "their patch" so they can continue farming. If its not Twinked farmers then it is teams who dont want others there.

Its not the developers fault, or the games fault, but the fault of the people playing the game. But you cant just bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesnt happen. This is what the poster meant I think when he said the area was a "farm for twinks". It wasnt designed that way but the reality is it is that way.

I dont know the answer, other than maybe making the area instanced, but you cannot simply say his argument is flawed because the area is theoretically available for the right levels to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    O right, you must of meant the boost to 199? I hit 160 on about 12 hours of game time, so if you have the cash to burn be my guess.
    Such a lie unless you got kiters/crats on every damn range...
    Matmoz - General of BANDA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    "WTB your definition of real pvpers"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    "tab,1234567890;Shift+2,1234567890!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblayde View Post

(search link below)
    As someone heavily into MMO's, I've never heard of this "most anticipated" MMO.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I only follow the big western MMOs but even I'd heard of allods :/

APB was another nice disaster, "no subs but actually yeah there's subs and uh... almost as expensive as AO -> crash'n'burn". They folded, got bought out, and the new owners are now planning a F2P/cash shop model
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I heard about it, but because it was "free" I just dismissed it outright, as free games always end up cosingt more to actually play than a subscription based game.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast