Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Are We, Exactly? (Traders & Item Shop)

What Are We, Exactly? (Traders & Item Shop)

As I said in FWM:

Pre-packaged 'buff' items which can be used for twinking purpopses. These are already available in today's Testlive patch, but will not be going into the shop until we have additional code support for their use requirements. These buffs are designed to be used for twinking purposes only and will consist only of buff nanos you could already receive in-game from other characters (IE: targeted-cast nanos from professions)."
    If this includes Wrangles, and if it makes it into the game as such, I'm deleting Ryuahn and resigning my post as Trader professional. This is absolute **** treatment of the profession, allowing other players to purchase our nanos and our tools, the same nanos and tools that made us Traders. And with all Engineers being guaranteed tradeskillers, why even have us anymore?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

although I don't like this selling buffs and items for money business, I really doubt you will "quit your trader professional post" and delete your trader.

quit crying.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    although I don't like this selling buffs and items for money business, I really doubt you will "quit your trader professional post" and delete your trader.

quit crying.
    You bet I will.

I'm tired of our vague and veiled role we have in teams. The two things we have going for us - our buffs and our tools - are about to be given out to everyone for a nice little toll. And asofyet we have nothing else to show for it. Why play a Trader?

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

if they'd actually even consider releasing wrangles in a package people could use during a fight for a free WTF AR BOOST, i will officially sh** my pants k.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    As I said in FWM:

If this includes Wrangles, and if it makes it into the game as such, I'm deleting Ryuahn and resigning my post as Trader professional. This is absolute **** treatment of the profession, allowing other players to purchase our nanos and our tools, the same nanos and tools that made us Traders. And with all Engineers being guaranteed tradeskillers, why even have us anymore?
    Having a professional whining on the forums about this is worse than all of the other /ragequit threads because you are one step closer to actually being able to do something about it than everyone else.

Either use the position that you volunteered for to help find ways to improve the situation or step down properly & let someone else step up to do your job for you.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Having a professional whining on the forums about this is worse than all of the other /ragequit threads because you are one step closer to actually being able to do something about it than everyone else.

Either use the position that you volunteered for to help find ways to improve the situation or step down properly & let someone else step up to do your job for you.
    I have little connection to the higher-ups past PMs. I'm doing what I can to get my issues out there, I just wanted my views known to more than a select few.

I want answers.

I doubt FC included anyone in the discussion on whats going to be in this shop its all about what is going to make them money. While I'm not going to rage quit today I'll be sure to find something else to do if I am displeased with whats going in the shop. I can wait til it hits live to do so hehe. But people are displease with how this is starting out and with more still to come its just a bad sign at least for me.
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    if they'd actually even consider releasing wrangles in a package people could use during a fight for a free WTF AR BOOST, i will officially sh** my pants k.
    next patch: BI graft

Saetos, Means posted in FwM that they are adding mechanics that will cancel buffs from Can upon combat. So this will only cut down on "lf wrangle" cries in OCC/Shoping channels.

As for the rest of your complaints...yes, they stand ground. Our role is vague, our tools are borked/inadequate/useless, with changes to other professions we'll slip down the ladder at endgame even more. But as a professional, that's where you should step in instead of step down.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I understand him. I think this is the totally wrong way. No Buff Cans please. Social Interaction is part of every mmorpg and especially AO. I meet a lot of nice people while giving/looking for buffs. All we hear in Future is "buy yourself a buff can"?
    Don't cut it for christ sakes.
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

hey guys,

IM GOING TO QUIT MY ENFORCER BECAUSE SOLDIERS CAN NOW BUFF PEOPLE WITH ESSENCE!!!!!!!!!

I AM GOING TO QUIT BECAUSE SOMEONE CAN PAY MONEY TO OBTAIN ESSENCE!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE AFTER 10 YEARS NOW PEOPLE CAN PAY IRL MONEY TO OBTAIN A BUFF FROM SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME!!!!! AND EVERY SOLDIER CAN DO IT FOR FREE, ESSENCE DEFINES ENFORCERS!!!

Seriously?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I'm sure I'll manage to miss "CAN I HAVE WRANGLE PLS?" & "Target has not enough NCU"

edit: besides, people giving rl money to get buffs in cans? Their wallet, not mine
    Last edited by Busata; Nov 13th, 2010 at 12:29:31.
    Fenikkusu ::.. 220/28/70 Keeper ..::
    Busata ::.. 220/21/xx Trader ..::
    Khars ::.. 150/12/xx Enforcer ..::
    Proud members of TETN.

ITs not like traders are the only ones losing some of their uniqueness.

Everyone will be able to check both bank and GMS from wherever.

You can get an item that will meep you into grid. Already theres an item that sort of lets you bypass fixers for fgrid.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    ITs not like traders are the only ones losing some of their uniqueness.

Everyone will be able to check both bank and GMS from wherever.

You can get an item that will meep you into grid. Already theres an item that sort of lets you bypass fixers for fgrid.
    Thats horrible.. making other players obsolete in a mmorpg?
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

The fact that a professional feels forced to go by these channels tells how obsolete the entire programme is.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Funcom employee

No, Saetos just doesn't really like talking to us that much via the 'official channels' - He very rarely posts as a professional to us, or talks to us on the development team in the Professional areas of the forums. He tends to forgo those and brings up issues here instead. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

He's not the only prof I know who's complaining that the prof programme is a one way street.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Funcom employee

Most of the ones I know and speak to on a fairly regular basis seem to think it's working out fine. =) There'll always be some people unhappy with some things; it's just the way it goes. Typically the ones who aren't happy are the ones who are having to wait the longest, and admittedly I can understand that frustration - Being eager to leap into the thick of things and then having to wait your turn is hard, and I can totally understand that. The Professionals who actively work with us and contribute to the discussion/feedback process, however, all seem to be relatively pleased with how the program is going overall. =)

But, that said, no need to continue the derail any further. Let's keep the conversation on Sateos's original post from here on out. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    # Actions:
    * ToUse:
    o ChildOp = Operator = Equal To Statistic = IsFightingMe Target = Self Value = 0
    o ChildOp = And Operator = Equal To Statistic = WaitState Target = Self Value = 0

So you can't use it during a fight but it seems that you can use it before it starts. :|
    blah

Funcom employee

Like the FwM thread indicated (and as I've posted elsewhere on the forums) the buff cans have been *made* but are not *finished*, and will not be going into the shop yet. We need additional code support for all the requirement checks we want them to have, and what's there right now hasn't been finalized.

We're not interested in these items being used in a combat situation in any fashion or form, and will be taking steps to prevent that before they go on sale in the store. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast