Thread: Issue with Muddy Dryad

Issue with Muddy Dryad

So I am doing the ado brain quest and I get Muddy. Many times before I have done this mob and while being thrown off is a pain it never really was more than an annoyance. But now he has a new trick which I think is actually a bug resulting from the changes of boss mobs.

Here goes how it works.
    Muddy threw my toon into the water then warped me back right away. The new "root on boss warp" mechanic engaged. Ok no problem yet. Muddy threw me back into the water. Since I was soloing him with my 220 MA for my other toon there was no one else to hold aggro. Muddy goes into Heal Delta recharge and recovers the 75% I have him down while I wait out the 11 seconds of root left. Ok no big deal I will go at it again. All the way down to one bubble (5%) and he throws me and warps me right back and roots me and throws me again. Almost to 80% health when I get back to the platform to have it all happen again. So now I am pissed. The next go around I bring the enforcer in close enough to hold aggro and prevent the heal delta from engaging and wipe Muddy no problem.

I took good measure to see how long the root last and it is a 12 second root. So muddy is able to get 10-11 seconds of healing if he is being solo'd.

Before the critics get after me I will say that one fight I brought the enforcer in and Muddy threw / warped / rooted / threw both toons at the same time. So more than one or two toons is needed to prevent this from happening.

Why I think it is a bug is that you can be thrown back into the water while rooted. Either throw me or root me. Since I can think of no other mobs besides collector than warp/root and throw you I suspect this issue has just gone unnoticed.

Possible solutions are to prevent Muddy from going into Heal Delta like it did or remove the root on warp from Muddy if he is to keep the throw you into the water effect.

Either way Muddy was the hardest I have ever had him because of it.

I think a team of proper level toons wiith a designated tank would be screwed if the tank is stuck floating for 11 seconds even if Muddy is not in Heal Delta recharge he would eat a team of TL5 support toons up.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Why am I not surprised the boss warp root has found another victim. Kinda reminds me of the NPC instant nano cast fix. And neither previous warp root or instanct nano cast fix problems have been fixed yet. Com Tower, exploding drones and similiar.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

It would be better to bring a pet profession to help with aggro and to keep him from healing.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't pets stop attacking as soon as you're in the water?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't pets stop attacking as soon as you're in the water?
    Correct.

I killed Muddy a couple of days ago with my shade, and didn't notice this issue. I'll have to play around with it some more, but the boss warp/root mechanic does need to be looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Well, pets should help with this since they can attack while swimming, so there is less delay after being warped into the water, that should cut down on heal-mode kicking in. Bring more peeps if all else fails
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Dot helps a lot.
    And to be honest... it's not really a reason to complain to FC that u can't solo a mob anymore that was intended to be killed by teams =)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    Dot helps a lot.
    And to be honest... it's not really a reason to complain to FC that u can't solo a mob anymore that was intended to be killed by teams =)
    I tried this back when it came in a 4-person team of 150ish toons. Including doc and tank. It was bloody hard.

Furthermore, there are no teams for this content anymore.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    Dot helps a lot.
    You know I would actually agree if the content for tl4-5 toons wouldn't require a tl7 to do. Even with a full team of tl5 you are most likely going to fail.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

If you just send the pets and don't attack on the toon, Muddy Dryad won't warp at all. Unless this was changed since the last time I did this quest.

You know I would actually agree if the content for tl4-5 toons wouldn't require a tl7 to do. Even with a full team of tl5 you are most likely going to fail.
    Fully agreed here. Difficulty of some parts of this quest is ridiculous if truly intended to be done by TL4-6s.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!