Thread: Worthwhile Feedback?

Worthwhile Feedback?

With the release of various documents, we tend to be quite vocal and we provide feedback for everything we see. After years of playing, we can instantly spot something that we know won't work.

However, our feedback is biased towards the mechanics that are in place today, and not the changes that might happen in the future. This is because we don't know those changes.

So, if there are plans about how ACs, specials, perks, damage, defenses, HD, ND, etc might work in the future, us knowing about those plans might help in maintaining the discussion to the point and provide a much more accurate feedback.

Food for thought.

I concur.

Someone hinted, or maybe it was a Freudian slip, that ACs are "going to be more useful" at least in PvP.

We know for sure Parry and Riposte are planned to do something.

There are hints, with HD added to TMS buffs even from low level, that the mechanic might change.

We also know you can piano non-related perks with the new key bindings.

So, much is amiss from the big picture even disregarding items.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I tend toward the belief, that we're just not going to be able to give good feed-back on the values involved in the proposed changes. I think, that will largely have to wait until we're 'beta testing' the changes, once they've all been implemented and are in place. I think we can give feedback on the toolsets and the general direction of change.

So... we might look at the Crat document and evaluate the nukes... and the thing I'm most looking at is that there are four types, including alpha and finishing... that they have different effects attached etc. I'm not really expecting to be able to say whether they're balanced or not... until we see how Crat pets and weapons also work out against real targets.

Nor can we really know how long the capped attack speed on the Alpha nuke should be, until we see just how effective Crat crowd control is in holding off opponents... but we can say that it's probably right that they should have some cap on their alpha nuke - where perhaps an MP with much less crowd control might not have a cap or might have a shorter one.

There are too many variables - even if they were to give us some idea of the sorts of changes that might ome down the line, to evaluate how things will translate into real play. SO we should probably focus on commenting on toolsets and direction... and wait until beta to really sort the whole thing out in terms of balance adjustments to the actual values.

X

Community, anyone, is able to voice their opinions about a general design idea. We can only be subjective about that, because there is no right or wrong here - it's all about choice. We can debate and discuss these things as long as we want on the forums, and argue for ages.

Objectives, competent players ----> can give decent and honest feedback about numbers, exact value, in depth changes, how the original idea is implemented. There is an exactly right balance we could find here. There are no choices anymore at this stage. The amount of players competent enough to give feedback for this stuff is very small imo.

The issue you talking about in your 1st post is mainly a technical aspect that we ain't able to judge right now, will need in game practice and many hours of /played to be objective about.

Altho, we can now gives feedbacks about the rough design idea - for instance the fact that FC want soldier's defensive toolset to work around not only reflects but self healing too.

The actual implementation is the technical aspect ; should AMS last 40 sec like it has been proposed ? should it be 50 ? or 1 min and half seeing how they nerfed the reflect amount ? Should solja's healing be at 30K/minute, should it be quick, steady over time, what recharge for these tool ? 1 min ? 25 sec ? etc.

An other exemple, Last Resort nano : it's a pure concept, that affect your gameplay : it saves you and kill you at the same time. Now should it heal 60% instead of 70% ? takes away 35% instead of 30 ? Set HP to 1 and clear all dot on end ? etc.

/agree strongly with all posts above mine.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

But it's so much more fun to scream "The world's coming to an end!" after reading the Soldier docs, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Dushey View Post
    But it's so much more fun to scream "The world's coming to an end!" after reading the Soldier docs, amirite?
    Actually it would be so much more fun to be able to say "wow, Awesome changes".

Quote Originally Posted by Loucretia View Post
    Actually it would be so much more fun to be able to say "wow, Awesome changes".
    I disagree.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

I remember someone hinting a year or so ago that perk calcs might be relooked, especially so that we aren't all striving to hit the magic number of perkability/unperkability (for AR or def depending on whose doing the perking ) but rather a broader range of percentage chances to land a perk based on off vs def. This would be an excellent change to reduce Alpha-Online but FC haven't made any noises about this change to date so it's hard to see if it'll go any further. If they do go in this direction, a lot of current feedback will have to change too.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Dushey View Post
    It so is.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

There have been too many brief mentions and loose promises that haven't been talked about at all since their initial mention.

This makes it impossible to talk about a real post-balance world because many of us choose to measure changes with or without those things, because frankly they may or may not exist. If rebalance is to hit soon, may not seems more likely.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!