Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 18.4 Update Release Notes

Funcom employee 18.4 Update Release Notes

18.4 Update Release Notes

General Changes:
    • Anarchy Online no longer supports versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP.
    • The Anarchy Online in-game store is now available.
    • All "Service Points" have now been converted to "Funcom Points". The conversion rate is 1.2, meaning if you had 1000 Service Points, you now have 1200 Funcom Points. The cost of all services has been updated to reflect this change. Phasefront Points (IE: points already transferred in-game) are not affected by this change.
    • The amount of points you receive with your gametime has been changed. Accounts now receive 60 points for 1 month, 300 points for 3 months, 600 points for 6 months and 1440 points for 12 months.
    • New input system is now available. All keys should now be bindable/customizable through the "binds" tab in the F10 options menu.
    • Timers are now available for all temporary items (ie: Grid Armor). Tool tip and Shift+Click will display the item time remaining.
    • New slider in the Tradeskill window to control the level of the result of the tradeskill.
    • It is now possible to lock individual items in the Character Wear window.
    • Enabling/disabling sound options no longer requires the character to zone or relog to notice applied changes.
    • Basic OFAB Armor is no longer no-drop - Improved/Penultimate OFAB is still no-drop. Vendors are still only accessible by profession.
    • Nano Icons and NCU icons are now color coded to make it easier to determine their nature at a quick glance.
    • Nano Icons should now display at their correct resolutions in the Programs window and on Shortcut bars.
    • Social Tab can no longer be enabled or equipped to during combat.
    • XP gained with the "XP Gain Disabled" option enabled should now be added to XP pool.
    • Terminating now adds your current unsaved XP to your XP pool.
    • Backpacks looted from monster remains should now be usable as containers for items.
    • Characters should no longer become stuck in "walk mode" after dying and returning to a SL save area.
    • The "You already have this unique item" message should now include the name of the unique item in question.
    • Signet of the Apocalypse/HHAB rings once again should protect from environmental damage while under resurrection sickness.
    • "Veteran Healing Laboratory" changed to heal a percentage of a character's health; now works off of a separate skilllock timer from regular treatment labs.
    • New "Veteran Nano Recharger" added to the Veteran vendor.
    • New option "Fixed Pet Buttons" in the pet window to lock selection of pets to specific keys and ignore pet spawn order.
    • Added support for automatic renaming of pets on respawn.
    • Right clicking in the loot window should no longer loot the item.
    • Fixed several exploits.

Alien Daily Mission Changes

• The Artifact no longer has a chance of spawning in the Blazing Flames in the "Salvage" Alien daily mission.
    • The Ammunition for the "Give Ammo to Labbe" daily mission should now respawn in random locations in the vicinity of the crashed ship every 5-10 seconds.
    • Adjustments made to select aliens inside Alien Daily mission instances.
    • Cocoon Terminator can now be purchased from the agency store.
    • Agency HQ teleport to Unicorn Outpost can now be used for Missions in the LoX areas.
    • Sector 7 Rufus should stand and move correctly when this action is triggered.
    • Many other small adjustments for a smoother Alien Daily Mission experience.
    Last edited by Means; Nov 17th, 2010 at 15:49:07.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Is there a limit to pools?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    [*]Nano Icons should now display at their correct resolutions in the Programs window and on Shortcut bars.
    I'm kinda curious about this. Are you saying that for this entire time nano icons have been only displaying a section of what was meant to be an entire image? Like zoomed into one corner leaving the other 3/4 of the image out.

It would explain why some of the images are so weird looking.

Or is it just a matter of clarity, more DPI with a higher resolution so lines are crisper etc?
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

4th

Why not just open the vendors for all it sucks that you can only buy ofab armor for your own profession
    Morgo - 220/30/70 Enforcer

Jenji - 215/29/50 Solja

Veteran of Devil Inside - Devil Inside

Content Editor - AO Universe - For players by players

Quote Originally Posted by kAlzzz View Post
    4th

Why not just open the vendors for all it sucks that you can only buy ofab armor for your own profession
    cause u cant really wear other prof armor... can u?
    im sure u can find other ways to make money, u troll
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Well it aint for money as there is so many out there with excess VP. I would rather want to spend my VP on my self then to sell to others for my little twinks and I don't want them all to be enforcer
    Last edited by kAlzzz; Nov 17th, 2010 at 13:58:17.
    Morgo - 220/30/70 Enforcer

Jenji - 215/29/50 Solja

Veteran of Devil Inside - Devil Inside

Content Editor - AO Universe - For players by players

No right click looting! Thankyou so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    I'm kinda curious about this. Are you saying that for this entire time nano icons have been only displaying a section of what was meant to be an entire image? Like zoomed into one corner leaving the other 3/4 of the image out.

It would explain why some of the images are so weird looking.

Or is it just a matter of clarity, more DPI with a higher resolution so lines are crisper etc?
    People noticed on test that the hotbars, ncu window and program window had all grown in size somewhat, and it does seem that the nano icons are now a couple of pixels larger.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

Additionally everyone's "Service Points" have now been converted to "Funcom Points". The conversion rate is 1.2, so if you had 1000 Service Points, you now have 1200 Funcom Points.

The cost of all services has been updated to reflect this change.

Also the amount of points you receive with your gametime has been changed to reflect this. You get 60 points for 1 month, 300 points for 3 months, 600 points for 6 months and 1440 points for 12 months.

Phasefront Points are not affected by this change.
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

Quote Originally Posted by kAlzzz View Post
    Well it aint for money as there is so many out there with excess VP. I would rather want to spend my VP on my self then to sell to others for my little twinks and I don't want them all to be enforcer
    u can spend on my enforcer :P
    a market ofab flood will be unavoidable if they unlock shops. and bs gona die for good
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Would love to see a price list, but I understand it can be awkward if its a huge list.

Oh and the points...does it work the way that you can buy 5000 (or 6000) funcom points and then transfer to characters. THEN you get to buy stuff from store? So that points are usable on each character on your account. Or is it account-only and when you buy things its deducted from the account total of funcom points?

Kind of eager to know :-)
    Ingame names;
    Slayertank 220 enf | Slayerbabe 200 adv | Mythic 175 mp
    Xziztenzia 180 doc | Loveleet 205 engie | Babita 175 crat
    Slayershade 59 shade | Savio 213 NT (main) | Anlor 201 mp
    Slayerfixer1 213 fixer | Bjirk 220 sold | Murder101 178 trader |

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    [*]The Anarchy Online in-game store is now available.
    [*]Basic OFAB Armor is no longer no-drop - Improved/Penultimate OFAB is still no-drop. Vendors are still only accessible by profession.
    These two are the biggest controversies. I still believe Funcom is coming hard at AO for not holding "steady" revenue. This In-game store and YES drop Ofab could very well destroy parts of the economy for this game, and cause a lot of people to close accounts.

Really surprised these two went live without looking at how much controversy surrounded the two.
    Last edited by tharss; Nov 17th, 2010 at 14:39:26.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Xziztenzia View Post
    Oh and the points...does it work the way that you can buy 5000 (or 6000) funcom points and then transfer to characters. THEN you get to buy stuff from store? So that points are usable on each character on your account. Or is it account-only and when you buy things its deducted from the account total of funcom points?

Kind of eager to know :-)
    The store will work with points that have not been transferred into game (IE: account-only, and deducted from the account total of FC points). Points transferred into the game may only be used on the in-game Phasefront vendor and Paid Point vendor (containing the AI social clothing and such). =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Soldier before mp's in the balancing act, what the f!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    The store will work with points that have not been transferred into game (IE: account-only, and deducted from the account total of FC points). Points transferred into the game may only be used on the in-game Phasefront vendor and Paid Point vendor (containing the AI social clothing and such). =)
    Thank you for clearing it up :-)

Guess christmas (and daddys christmas gift to himself) came a bit early this year :-P
    Ingame names;

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    These two are the biggest controversies. I still believe Funcom is coming hard at AO for not holding "steady" revenue. This In-game store and YES drop Ofab could very well destroy parts of the economy for this game, and cause a lot of people to close accounts.

Really surprised these two went live without looking at how much controversy surrounded the two.
    Ya they really slammed this one through congress without any realization of how it would affect the citizens of the country in the short term or the long term simply to score points with their narrow minded constituency........wait......

I think I'm confused as to what I am talking about here...... BUT THE POINT REMAINS VALID!!!!!!!
    "Can I have some shoes?"

as kintaii is reading: will pool limits be removed?
    (please ^^)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

What does this mean exactly?

New slider to control the result level of a Tradeskill in the Tradeskill window.
    Is it just referring to controlling the output of things like implants to make sure they don't bump higher than you want? What is the limit on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    What does this mean exactly?

Is it just referring to controlling the output of things like implants to make sure they don't bump higher than you want? What is the limit on this?
    Would be interesting to know if this is also possible with creating AI armors. Or if its just limited to processes that might give random QL changes (like implants).
    Ingame names;

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Xziztenzia View Post
    Would be interesting to know if this is also possible with creating AI armors. Or if its just limited to processes that might give random QL changes (like implants).
    Any tradeskill where the Result's QL depends on your skills. You only get the same QL range as option as always, just no more need to kill yourself to rezz etc. So eg. no QL 75 result out of QL 200 AI armor items.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast