Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 18.4 Update Release Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Metaing View Post
    Any tradeskill where the Result's QL depends on your skills. You only get the same QL range as option as always, just no more need to kill yourself to rezz etc. So eg. no QL 75 result out of QL 200 AI armor items.
    Indeed a helpful option, although I only tested it using a QL125 implant, giving me QL125-127, it showed the usefulness of the feature.

Id assume that something like the QL160 Yuttos NCU, from the ado quest, combined with the Ancient Circuit will give a whopping 160-300 range, skills permitting.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Any tradeskill where the Result's QL depends on your skills. You only get the same QL range as option as always, just no more need to kill yourself to rezz etc. So eg. no QL 75 result out of QL 200 AI armor items.
    Thanks, a very handy addition.

Since I've returned I've noticed a lot of these little things you folks have changed and added into the game in the last couple of years. Kudos to you all for finally taking the time on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Basic OFAB Armor is no longer no-drop - Improved/Penultimate OFAB is still no-drop. Vendors are still only accessible by profession.
    Ok cool, whats the point in the last tho? Just take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Ok cool, whats the point in the last tho? Just take it off.
    So people dont waste points buying the wrong thing, and then wanting a refund, I guess.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Is there a command to open ingame store, i keep the part of GUI with Store Button disabled at all times and have NCU window in that place so its slightly annoying having to close it and enable gui.

...or are you guys planning on including it in the Mini toolbar in top right corner?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by zorxer View Post
    Is there a command to open ingame store, i keep the part of GUI with Store Button disabled at all times and have NCU window in that place so its slightly annoying having to close it and enable gui.

...or are you guys planning on including it in the Mini toolbar in top right corner?
    F10->Binds: and bind the "Windows/Item shop" to a key of your choice, like ctrl-shift-S.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

I'll have 2 points to make on this patch : one is on chat, the other on store.

CHAT :
    Now you can't turn (left/right) nor move (up/down) while typing in chat. This is a REALLY tiny change that bugged a lot of people on test. Think this will be the same on live. Needs a fix !

STORE :
    The concept is cool for all social stuff & gadgets. Still, i don't know yet what to think exactly of some of the new items in store, especially the making-game-easier ones (VP, tokens, XP in front).
    What's certain about XP is that a lot of people only play Powerlevelling/OutSideTanking (wich would need nerf by aggro fixing, e.g.) & lot of them are ready to pay real money for it ; so if that money can go to FC instead, making the game live longer, i won't be one of the reactionnary moaners.
    For tokens, it was a bore to farm them upto 2K, but daily mission rewards were enough to speed that up, imo. Selling some more in store looks like a greedy move, even though we can consider some people could be buying AO creds to get hand on token farmed backpacks.
    For VPs, i think it's correct to make basic yesdrop & to sell some packages in store, as farming BS among finished maxlevel twinks by playing an unfinished car or when you hate PVP can be disgusting ... but 10/20K VP packages seems too much -in my opinion.
    About the prolly incoming twinkbuff cans, i hope these will be useable in very specific conditions (shop/BY) & lost on zoning otherwise we're going down to Auction Online.
    All in all, if not "money for power", we're going to "money for time".
    Last edited by bitnykk; Nov 17th, 2010 at 16:26:12.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Modifier:
    Add All Def. 50
    Resist Nano: int_value

Infused Ancient Speed Preservation Unit
    Infused Ancient Vision Preservation Unit nerfed? bugy?

Right clicking in the loot window should no longer loot the item.
    Oh my god. This is huge

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    Oh my god. This is huge
    Yeah, and only took 10 years to include... All the accidental ninjas... Great.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    18.4 Update Release Notes

• "Veteran Healing Laboratory" changed to heal a percentage of a character's health; now works off of a separate skilllock timer from regular treatment labs.
    • Added support for automatic renaming of pets on respawn.
    How does the auto pet renaming work?

Also, I have a vet healing lab full upgraded but it doesn't show % heal
    Dumble

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    How does the auto pet renaming work?
    Just rename pet(s) once, and whenever you respawn them later, they should get the new name(s) again.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Just rename pet(s) once, and whenever you respawn them later, they should get the new name(s) again.

Oh, sweet, thanks!
    Dumble

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Also, I have a vet healing lab full upgraded but it doesn't show % heal
    Looking into the Vet Healing Lab now... it doesn't look like it actually got exported in this build. Not sure *why*, but this wouldn't be the first time I've been mystified by something like this. >< We'll look into a solution and hopefully have it fixed in the next update. Cheers for letting us know! =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

thanks FC -.-
    since this new patch i CANT do anything on ALL accounts i have...only thing i can do is with the mouse and write....
    thanks a lot....-.-
    RK1
    Cistie 220/30/70 Solitus Trader
    Blackangel85 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Leonearn 220/30/70 Solitus Shade
    Listalis 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Luzifer85 220/30/70 Solitus Adventurer
    Teufel85 220/30/64 Atrox Enforcer
    Spawn85 220/30/58 Solitus Nano-Technican
    Charisse 220/27/59 Solitus Doctor
    Ersa 220/25/58 Solitus Martial Artist
    Daemon85 219/27/57 Nanomage Meta-Physicist
    Lecine 220/30/60 Solitus Bureaucrat

what about the already character bound paid points? wanna spend them on item store

Quote Originally Posted by Shye View Post
    what about the already character bound paid points? wanna spend them on item store
    Yeah, pretty silly we can't spend points that were needlessly transferred in game previously. I transferred over 3k points in game whenever the orbital apartments went in game, and I only bought the apartment with one character. All my other characters are sitting on like 3500 useless paid points.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

If you could use in game paid points, everything you could buy would have to be NODROP.

Otherwise, youd just make a new toon with 5,000 paid points, buy stuff, sell it, delete, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    If you could use in game paid points, everything you could buy would have to be NODROP.

Otherwise, youd just make a new toon with 5,000 paid points, buy stuff, sell it, delete, repeat.
    A "transfer points back to account" option would be nice, too...but then my one character with the orbital apartment would have a negative amount of points in game...Basically, summed up, it was a poorly implemented system to begin with, making this transition to the new system impossible to redeem in game points, and now that leaves quite a few of us I'm sure with thousands of points we earned and/or paid for that have no use in the new item store.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

A quick question because I do not wish to waste the points on it. Will users of "Instant Grid" be crippled like fixers are when they grid? Also will this Instant Grid be useable while in a fight?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast