Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 18.4 Update Release Notes

It would be nice if the item shop size & fonts size within the shop were dynamic. It is REAL small on a high resolution screen & adjusting the size of the window only creates a black starred space around it.

On a side note, I have a 220 toon on my primary account & do not see an option to level a level 150 toon on the same account. If that is correct, thank you. The "pay to level" situation was a can of worms that definitely did not need to see the light of day without a LOT more discussion form the community.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Nov 18th, 2010 at 04:14:32.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Marshalart View Post
    I don't understand the "Fixed Pet Buttons" thing. So far I see that it does nothing. What is it actually supposed to do?
    Makes it so your pets always spawn in the same order, IE your Attack pet is first, Mezz pet Second, Heal pet Third in your mini pet GUI window, even if they die and you respawn them. Or what ever order you want it in.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Anarchy Online no longer supports versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP.
    As far knew after the database change a ways back it didn't work for Windows OSs older than XP anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    - Also.. The mouse starts to become laggy and starts to skip when you move it near the edges of the screen in windowed mode. Can anyone confirm?
    I can confirm this for the right side of my windowed client. The other three sides seem fine.

I'd like to sound my enthusiasm for the updated chat, at least in the way you needn't hold down shift to go back and fix a misspelled word.

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    I'd like to sound my enthusiasm for the updated chat, at least in the way you needn't hold down shift to go back and fix a misspelled word.
    Please tell me this is sarcasm? It's a terrible change. How am I supposed to turn, on the move, while typing in chat now? If you can't handle holding down shift maybe you should l2spell, or just hit enter and correct it later with a *.

Personally, I think it should be set back to normal. Stupid change. On an up note, a lot of good changes that have been needed for a long time.

Also wanted to point out, in terms of the shop window looking funky.....looks completely fine to me. Everything is readable, no diagonal cut through it... All is fine and dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshalart View Post
    Please tell me this is sarcasm? It's a terrible change. How am I supposed to turn, on the move, while typing in chat now? If you can't handle holding down shift maybe you should l2spell, or just hit enter and correct it later with a *.

Personally, I think it should be set back to normal. Stupid change. On an up note, a lot of good changes that have been needed for a long time.
    Normal? How was that normal? I just don't get the fixation over this shown by some people. How on earth do you want to move and type at the same time with a single keyboard (and with only two hands) anyway?
    This is one of the best changes implemented for a long time; I hated having to hold down shift when I wanted to move the cursor in a text field from the very first moment. It was so bad that after a while I reflexively held down shift every single time I had to move the cursor in any other application too.
    It was an incredible relief when I finally didn't have to do this anymore the first time ever when typing something in AO...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Normal? How was that normal? I just don't get the fixation over this shown by some people. How on earth do you want to move and type at the same time with a single keyboard (and with only two hands) anyway?
    Tapping the arrow keys a bit while typing to adjust running into a obstacle is hardly challenging nor does it require both hands. Pretty sure even my grandfather could do it if I just could explain to him what a keyboard is.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    - Also.. The mouse starts to become laggy and starts to skip when you move it near the edges of the screen in windowed mode. Can anyone confirm?
    I do confirm that !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I realy like most things changed, however i have a serious problem and i have no clue what to do:
    Since the patch i cant scroll anymore ingame. Zoom doesnt work, scrolling my actionbar doesnt work, scrolling the left hand side team, chat, stats, etc pp windows doesnt work..

When i use scroll, the little scroll icon appears, but nothing happens. Any ideas, or other people experienced this?
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

The store window has a nasty "noise/moire" (or is it some kind of resampling?) effect that renders text near-unreadable at certain spots. f you resize the window (tho the content itself is not resized), this noise/moire effect moves about in patterns over the whole html rendering surface, clearing up some parts and messing up others instead.

There's also a diagonal "tear" across the whole window from top/left to bottom/right.

These (well, the tear anyway) were also present on test, so I'm kind of surprised no one noticed them before release...
    Taking a wild guess here... you have an ATI card?

Yes, ATI's drivers are horribly buggy with DX7/DX8
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

another "bug". Updated my list on previous page..

There is a lacking keybinding which used to be on Shift+Q. It "changed" your target if you already were attacking something. It still functions but is not showing up in the binding list. Reassigning attack to another button keeps the shift+Q functionality but if you assign shift+Q to another actions the change target action is lost for good.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

The store window has a nasty "noise/moire" (or is it some kind of resampling?) effect that renders text near-unreadable at certain spots. f you resize the window (tho the content itself is not resized), this noise/moire effect moves about in patterns over the whole html rendering surface, clearing up some parts and messing up others instead.

There's also a diagonal "tear" across the whole window from top/left to bottom/right.

These (well, the tear anyway) were also present on test, so I'm kind of surprised no one noticed them before release...
    http://snake-oil.eu/temp/scrn0184.jpg is the problem.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Buddy of mine with ATI card has the same problem in shop so I'd Ati drivers being a problem is correct.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Nvm
    Last edited by Nevo-RK3; Nov 19th, 2010 at 00:46:49.
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

What's "larvae optics" and what does it have to do with Avatar?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    I realy like most things changed, however i have a serious problem and i have no clue what to do:
    Since the patch i cant scroll anymore ingame. Zoom doesnt work, scrolling my actionbar doesnt work, scrolling the left hand side team, chat, stats, etc pp windows doesnt work..

When i use scroll, the little scroll icon appears, but nothing happens. Any ideas, or other people experienced this?
    You re not alone ...

bump my thread
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Taking a wild guess here... you have an ATI card?

Yes, ATI's drivers are horribly buggy with DX7/DX8
    Considering how this is the only window which looks like this, I doubt it has anything to do with hardware.
    To me, it looks like as if the size of the output of the html renderer process differs from the size of the surface it is mapped onto by a few pixels, and the excess or missing pixels are interpolated on the fly to somehow make it fit, causing these distortions.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Considering how this is the only window which looks like this, I doubt it has anything to do with hardware.
    To me, it looks like as if the size of the output of the html renderer process differs from the size of the surface it is mapped onto by a few pixels, and the excess or missing pixels are interpolated on the fly to somehow make it fit, causing these distortions.
    And yet I haven't seen anyone with nvidia report this problem.

It's looking perfectly fine here on my PC with nvidia card.

So yes, I will stand by my earlier statement it's caused by an ATI driver bug.
    FC might be able to fix it with a workaround, but so far all reports seem to consistently point at ATI as the common factor.
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Nov 18th, 2010 at 16:42:41.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Well, think what you will, but it looks and works fine on my nvidia card/drivers. /shrug
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    So yes, I will stand by my earlier statement it's caused by an ATI driver bug.
    FC might be able to fix it with a workaround, but so far all reports seem to consistently point at ATI as the common factor.
    *sigh* Does anyone have a spare ATi card to gift to the dev team? Obviously they use 100% nV, otherwise they'd realize how some of the stuff they are trying to do just doesn't work on about 30% of the hardware gamers use...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast