Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In game store prices

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    26€ (2600pt) for Shadowlands Maps which are normally standard in every modern game... yeah good work. So I have to wait another year to "earn" the ability to have a minimap... *golfclap*
    Team an advy. Meanwhile, I am waiting to be able to buy a chickenbot without profession lock from the store.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    . You can roll omni-pol elite armor, which looks exactly see the same
    except the rolled one is omni only
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    26€ (2600pt) for Shadowlands Maps which are normally standard in every modern game... yeah good work. So I have to wait another year to "earn" the ability to have a minimap... *golfclap*
    Or get one for 7 veteran points...

That's just like 3 years paid... Min fo 300€
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Depending on your grinding skills and your job, non stop grinding for 100k VPs or 2k tokens can take more time than earning 120$ or 50$, and be more tedious.

In that case, why not work a few more hours and pay $$? It's (very) expensive, granted, but it's not worse than wasting a few hours of your life doing something you dislike and is not mandatory.

And if you like doing everything, well, just play, don't pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Butsut3kkai View Post
    troll me i m famous !
    Since when ?
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

I have no doubt that someone out there will buy it, it's just a shame that they made it roughly the same price as a brand new game.
    "If your not strong enough to accept the truth, you're already dead. You just don't know it yet."

220 MP - Darkmoch
    150 Sol - Javanated
    100 Enfo - JavaJava
    60 Enfo - Darkfears
    1** MA - Darkfu - <3
    & more failed projects than I'd care to admit!

Come back in game molo
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny

Well yeah, but judging from the cred seller spam ingame you'll get about 25 times (!) as much ofab for your money if you buy creds then buy it from a player...

Testing the water...

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    Testing the water...
    Likely. Evaluate the ****storm vs. revenue ratio and adjust prices if necessary.
    ಠ_ಠ

Doesn't really matter to me. It's the principle of it as much as anything...

Prices are too low, $F$C$ introduced the slippery slope, they'll gradually reduce them in time so they can make their $$ instead of the credsellers. It is good to see the player protests had some effect, doubtless the prices would have been much lower to maximise revenue if only the fanbois had spoken.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    I think it's going to be pretty interesting to see what they're going to charge for those 50, 100, 150, 199 level boosters based on some of these prices...assuming of course they actually go through with it and add these options down the road as stated last Friday.
    Each step of the level boosters will require you to cut off an additional finger and mail it to FC

How do the new points work? If you pay $100 and get points on ALL of your characters on a given account, then the prices seem quite reasonable.

Otherwise they definitely seem a tad bit high, but not completely unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    How do the new points work? If you pay $100 and get points on ALL of your characters on a given account, then the prices seem quite reasonable.

if u buy it stays on ur account available to all toons on that account...just dont convert it to paid points to the accounts toons!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post

I don't believe they are transferred into the game. That is only done if you want to buy things at the Phasefront Vendor or Paid Points Vendor for alien social clothes.

You use an ingame browser to shop with your Funcom Points, the points you have on your account, not what you transfer ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Slackadoo View Post
    if u buy it stays on ur account available to all toons on that account...just dont convert it to paid points to the accounts toons!
    If I buy 2000 tokens, I can automatically claim that for any character I make?

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    If I buy 2000 tokens, I can automatically claim that for any character I make?
    that i dont know...think it would be for the toon u bought it with through the ingame shop, or else it would be very strange.

To be more specific, you can't buy $100 worth of points and use them on every character. Once you log into a character and get something from item store, that deducts that amount of points from your account, not your character. Then the next character you log in to purchase something will have a lesser amount of points available to spend.

Example:

You purchase 3000 FC Points.
    You log in Character A and buy a 100 Point Replica Armor Set.
    You log in Character B and see you only have 2900 FC Points left.

These work basically the same as paid points did, as long as you don't transfer them in game. The option to transfer them in game is now called "Convert FC Points Into Phasefront Points" on the account page now. This is something you WON'T want to do if you want to use your points in the item store.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

that i dont know...think it would be for the toon u bought it with through the ingame shop, or else it would be very strange.
    I agree, I was just going from your wording. Maybe some items are account wide, some are specific to a character. Or are all items character specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    To be more specific, you can't buy $100 worth of points and use them on every character. Once you log into a character and get something from item store, that deducts that amount of points from your account, not your character. Then the next character you log in to purchase something will have a lesser amount of points available to spend.

Example:

You purchase 3000 FC Points.
    You log in Character A and buy a 100 Point Replica Armor Set.
    You log in Character B and see you only have 2900 FC Points left.

These work basically the same as paid points did, as long as you don't transfer them in game. The option to transfer them in game is now called "Convert FC Points Into Phasefront Points" on the account page now. This is something you WON'T want to do if you want to use your points in the item store.
    yes that's a better explanation hehe i just hate explaining things sometimes, it just turns out sounding wrong :P

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast