Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chat/running

It's very irritating to double the alt+enter presses to flip through all chat windows. It's even more irritating being unable to steer/stop an autorunning character while typing without having to grab the mouse and click randomly, or hit esc and lose the line you were typing.

I chat to a wide variety of people in all different orgs, not just my own, not to mention people I team with or in raids so switching to 100% voice comms isn't a feasible workaround

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Playing as a doctor in BS where you also often use ctrl+tab is also annoying since you cannot move anymore while ctrl is being hold.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Also of note is the fact that you can no longer hold the left and right mouse buttons at the same time to control the camera freely in 3rd person lock. This was a lot nicer than using the LMB or RMB mouselook options as those options can sometimes be executed by accident, and so I prefer to not use them while playing most of the time. Right+left click, on the other hand, allowed you to fix your camera much easier than with the number pad alone.

Case in point, please stop fixing things that aren't broken. The borders around nanos were pretty unnecessary and mildly distracting too, but I can deal with those. The main problems of course are all the issues with the new camera changes.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Fix this poo poo pls , i almost never post on forums , but this is really annoying. i logged out yesterday when i saw how it was and was waiting for a fix patch to log back in , still waiting. Every Patch Since Lost Eden has been complete rubbish by the way keep it up.

A little thing we can do to make moving at least halfway tolerable is using the multiple bindings.

I use W,S to move forward/backwards, Q,E to turn and A,D to strafe so I'll use that as example.

Code:
    Movements Back S
    Movements Back Ctrl+S
    Movements Forward W
    Movements Forward Ctrl+W
    Movements Left Q
    Movements Left Ctrl+Q
    Movements Right E
    Movements Right Ctrl+E
    Movements Strafe Left A
    Movements Strafe Left Ctrl+A
    Movements Strafe Right D
    Movements Strafe Right Ctrl+D
    That way you can move even when while holding down ctrl or tab which makes Ctrl+tab or swapping hotbars* less annoying. You could do the same for Alt if you so desire.
    * Edit: I removed the shift+key binding from this list as reassigning shift+Q will result in loosing the old "change target" function that used to be on shift+q for good. I don't recommend reassigning shift+Q at the moment.

----

Also now keybindings are per character so you would have to do this on every character. I suggest you setup your keys once on a character, log him off and then find his prefs.xml
    You can copy paste the keybindings from that file and replace the keybindings of another charcters prefs.xml with them.

Open the prefs.xml of the character you set they keys for in a text editor and search for
    Code:
        <Archive name="KeyBindings" code="0">
            <Array name="Bind">
    That is the start of the keybindings. Make sure your cursor is set to the beginning of the <Archive name="KeyBindings" code="0"> line and select all lines downwards until you see:
    Code:
            </Array>
        </Archive>
    Make sure you have the </Archive> completly marked as well.
    Now copy the text. At this point I recomend creating a new textfile where you paste the keybindings so you can always go back if somethings is wrong.

Next locate the profs file of the toon you want the keybindings on. Do note that the toon must have been logged on at least once since patch first or the keybindings will not be present in his prefs.xml.
    Make sure you make a backup of his pref in case somethings goes wrong and open the prefs.xml in a texteditor again.
    Now proceed selecting all text between and including
    Code:
        <Archive name="KeyBindings" code="0">
            <Array name="Bind">
    and
    Code:
            </Array>
        </Archive>
    again.

Instead of copying replace it with your previously copied text. Save. Pray. Start the game.

---

I'm sure most get the copy and replace method. Tried to make this explanation AS simple as possible to help someone who may not be a computer crack. Always remember to backup your prefs.xml first!
    Last edited by XenonDe; Nov 18th, 2010 at 14:29:43.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

My absolute favorite thing about AO is the community. The reason AO succeeds as a game in my mind is that there is action on the screen, but at the same time, you can chat with your friends.

This change broke that. Now I have to stand still to chat, or risk running off the edge of the world.

We took an unofficial poll in guild chat last night, and out of 10+ people polled, at least 4 hated this chage (truly *violently* hated it) and everyone else was varying degrees of dislike. Only one person thought it was good, and he was one who also uses the mouse for everything, so wasn't really effected by it.

Please, please please change this back.

Arrien, i hate it too. I can't play on this way. I chat a lot and half of the time, i run in a wall or must send up my half-typed words, because i have to navigate. Please funcom, change it back!

I don't like it either, change it back please
    If you knew all that i know and only that, you'd know more than i do.

Boruto 220/27/70 Patroxius 220/23/xx Detrax 170/16/42 Rebimbas 150/20/42 Fodilhao 74/7/14

Please change this back. It's the single most annoying change I've seen in AO. I want to be able to move and chat at the same time.

The controls are just horrible now I keep running into walls. This was the patch from hell.

I'm not one of the "OMG TERRIBLE QQQ QUITQUIT /cancel account" crowd, but from what I've seen so far, this change has a more significant possibility of reducing my enjoyment of just running around and playing the game than anything in any patch ever.

this change s really messing me up :|

i haven't tried to lead a raid since this patch yet but i can only imagine it will result in many mishaps until i get used to it

maybe a toggle for old/new controls?

Yes please fix
    Gracee e : Blooop e - SPIRIT

Angry

The silence is deafening,would really like a response on this pls.The folks posting here arent the usual run of the mill trolls,they r ,for the most part,veteran players who see no reason why they should change a play style they have become accustomed to.
    Atm it just feels like you have added a new"the bird" emote aimed in our general direction.
    ..if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.

This is patch will go down in my mind as a patch that did the opposite of improve AO. And Im not talking key bindings or item-mart.

My controls are broken. I have died several times tonight because of the inability to give orders to my team without running into walls, getting stuck and other things.

As a loyal customer I ask you to please fix the arrow keys so I can chat and control my charector at the same time again. This new feature ruins the entire patch for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I once got petitioned for "impersonating FC personal" for claiming I ran helpbot.

THIS WILL BE FIXED But its not that big of a problem to take down the servers just for this, they are working on some other bugs too so we just have to wait patiantly for that. And I think thats ok because I dont want more downtime than nessesary
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

fix plox. Seriously...

i had no idea what the hell people were talking about till i tried to chat to some peeops today and was like wtf. Glad that its rumored to be being fixed soon (lol).
    Traders need love too

Angry

Delighted that its a rumour and ty Mitamina for your comments,but so far to date not a peep out of anyone officially representing funcom to confirm this will be fixed.Yet another beacon of light in the field of customer service.
    ..if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast